Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I went into my local DMV here in Virginia... they ONLY work by appointment (1-2 weeks to schedule)... absolutely NO ONE in the whole building except the 12 DMVs sitting at their desk playing solitaire with their left thumb up their azz. Pathetic

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I just got a red light ticket in the mail for a truck I sold in March of 2020. DMV still has me as the registered owner even though I did all the appropriate paperwork the day I sold it. I guess a year and a half isn’t quite long enough to process that difficult transaction.

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
They got squatch license plates???

grin

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the whole west coast is a giant dumpster fire.
It’s too bad majority of Oregon is red and probably Washington too, as well as most of northern and eastern Cali.
The big cities rule the vote

Last edited by Dre; 09/28/21.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
$104 for Tn, went up from $74 couple yrs ago

I dont run tags on any of my work trailers, car hauler or my camper. Hell with that all chit.

My tail lights are even busted out on my work trailers. lol

No smog inspection either.

Tn Sucks

No tags on my trailers either,

Always heard , only need tags if you leave the state. 😂

Po-Po don’t be worrying with stuff like in these parts.

My 2005 beat-around truck tag is $27.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by renegade50
They got squatch license plates???

That’s hilarious as they should sell the damn things. They sold Salmon plates for years for a large amount compared to standard plates. The guise was the extra money went to Salmon enhancement but they got caught keeping all of the money ( in the millions)for the general fund. Now they’ve got a Mule Deer plate out to help with habitat. They would be better off with a Squatch plate and you wouldn’t know if they were helping them or not.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Oregon DMV used to piss me off. Then Washington. Then Montana... Pears sent.

Vancouver WA was the worst. I swear the fuugin heathens were break dancing in there! Well almost...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I live i wa state and it ist much better. oregon is a piece of crap and only gettin worse.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I like the DMV office and the lady working here in our little town. Notice I didn't mention liking the fees here though.

Wife sent one of our vehicle registrations in by mail last year, months ahead of the due date. Never got our tags in the mail by the week before the date, so she went in and paid in person, was handed the tags right there, and given the proper paperwork for a refund of the check sent in the mail. Months and months to get that money back in the account.

I just took one in the other day, told our local person who told me to always bring them in here. It's not like it's an issue as in some offices, most I've seen in there and had to wait for was two folks ahead of me and no appointment necessary.

If I lived in big metro area and needed to actually deal with them yahoos, I'd make a day trip out of the ordeal and take a drive, maybe even stay overnight if necessary, to a small town rural office like ours. Bring a fishin' rod or do some scouting or something. I know folks in metro areas that make appointments and still wait hours in those offices, with bunches of folks.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by slumlord
$104 for Tn, went up from $74 couple yrs ago

I dont run tags on any of my work trailers, car hauler or my camper. Hell with that all chit.

My tail lights are even busted out on my work trailers. lol

No smog inspection either.

Tn Sucks

I bought plates at the county fair. They say Oregon exempt! Not quite full size, but look official. Five for twenty bucks! Been running them for years, never been questioned.

IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
I really like the few employees ours has as they are pretty quick when you get to the counter. The problem is that the local dairy’s all have a lot of Mexicans working for them and provide housing. The women are mostly not married and are on welfare and drive Escalades with a bunch of kids( god strike me dead for calling it that lol) the men buy Chevy avalanches and pay cash so when you show up as they open they are waiting for them to open and you wait while they go through all of their [bleep] that’s not in order like mine. Hence the Dept.of Mexican Vehicles

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
If you live in this democRat state, that needs NO explanation.

For someone that professes hate for the democRats constantly you sure seem to gravitate towards living in their strongholds. Virginia. Minnesota. Oregon.

Fuggin' A Cotton.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by fishingnut71
I live i wa state and it ist much better. oregon is a piece of crap and only gettin worse.

LOL Washington is absolutely overflowing with damned asssholes. In SW WA I got to know like a hundred local folks through work. About two weren't idiots, damned asssholes, or some combination of those leading traits. The asssholery seems consistent throughout the state too, in Camas, Olympia, Seattle, and rampant in CDA.... There's exceptions with our GoodGuy Fire members of course. Wink wink... Pears sent.

But seriously Oregon, you elected Kate? More pears. Bartlett.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by hillestadj

For someone that professes hate for the democRats constantly you sure seem to gravitate towards living in their strongholds. Virginia. Minnesota. Oregon.

Fuggin' A Cotton.

Have you ever heard of family or businesses that you had before [bleep] got really effed up. And no some businesses can’t be relocated. My parents moved here in 68 six years after I took the ride down the skin cannon. I wouldn’t call that gravitating to their strong holds and if you do it makes you someone with a very shallow thought train.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nestucca

Fuggin' A Cotton.

Have you ever heard of family or businesses that you had before [bleep] got really effed up. And no some businesses can’t be relocated. My parents moved here in 68 six years after I took the ride down the skin cannon. I wouldn’t call that gravitating to their strong holds and if you do it makes you someone with a very shallow thought train.

1. Thats not the OPs scenario
B. I wouldn't call your scenario 'gravitating to their strong holds'. I'd call that choosing to REMAIN there. Thats a choice on your part regardless of the reasoning.
iii. Don't be such a bleeder

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N

Fuggin' A Cotton.

B. I wouldn't call your scenario 'gravitating to their strong holds'. I'd call that choosing to REMAIN there. Thats a choice on your part regardless of the reasoning.

There isn’t no bleeder here bud. Some of us have a exit strategy as I do that takes a little time. Others that can’t I feel sorry for but understand all situations are different. Some people like you like to throw everyone under the same blanket while riding high and mighty in their recliner. I bet you didn’t end up wherever you are because you showed the initiative to move there yourself. I maybe wrong but I doubt it.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I have “Z” tags on everything now. Permanent registration. Never have to renew again.

AK don’t suck.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
I have “Z” tags on everything now. Permanent registration. Never have to renew again.

AK don’t suck.

The ridiculousness of DMV crap in various states sometimes makes me laugh at the process.

in 2000 we moved to AZ from PA. Changed my license, gal hands me the new one. Good until just a few years ago. Just to make sure it didn't bite me in the ass down the road, I asked if that was a typo. Nope she says, good until you turn 65, we'll see you then, if you don't get a bunch of points and have it pulled.

Gee, what a concept. Be a good driver and get rewarded by never having to pay until you're old.

But that doesn't generate income and more DMV jobs, and more DMV jobs means more employees to supervise, which means higher salaries for the higher ups, etc etc.

At least here in Cali I have permanent plates on my little cargo trailer. But the vehicles, nope...........scheidt show revenue generating azzholes.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Fuggin' A Cotton.

There isn’t no bleeder here bud. Some of us have a exit strategy as I do that takes a little time. Others that can’t I feel sorry for but understand all situations are different. Some people like you like to throw everyone under the same blanket while riding high and mighty in their recliner. I bet you didn’t end up wherever you are because you showed the initiative to move there yourself. I maybe wrong but I doubt it.

If you have an exit strategy then exit. And STFU. Or dont. But still, STFU.

I'm WI born and raised. Things I do not enjoy are currently outweighed by the things I do. Make no mistake - if the reverse were true I'd move to somewhere I'd rather be, like, tomorrow. Pretty f.ucking simple.

And let the record show I'm in a barstool, not a recliner. Now enjoy Oregon and swap out that Pearl before you wreck another pair.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of you pay more to smog your rig than we do for registration,,

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 73 invisible), 3,180 guests, and 1,385 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,244
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.