Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
My wife's Aunt stole between $8 and $10 grand from her.
We can't prove it, but we know she did it.
After screaming poverty for decades, she built a 10 grand addition on to her house a few months later

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
What would you do?

Nothing I would post on a public forum

That's the best post ever!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once told my father in law face to face I'd kick his sorry ass if he ever accused my wife (his daughter) of theft again.

She was named executor of her grandpa's will which didn't leave much for her Dad (his only son).

FIL had ripped off his own Dad for decades and his last will and testament reflected that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd give my brother every penny and every asset of my parents estate, and I will give him that option when they go.

Seen some really, REALLY schidty things from people I thought highly of when their loved ones died and I will not be involved with any of that behavior.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
my family has a long history of no account sumbitches showing up right after a funeral and loading up their car with whatever they can get their hands on

sounds like its not an uncommon thing from these threads.

I see the early stages of it in my wife's family. People that make bad decisions all their life and justify being entitled to whatever they can get their hands on because you don't "need it".

I told my wife she is going to have to choose between material possessions or blood because when her mom dies it won't be pretty when the vultures show up. The police had to come out and separate people after her dad died.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I guess maybe the opposite of that is when someone dies and leaves you a bunch of worthless schit that has sentimental value to your spouse. I"ve dragged everything from a 1970's panasonic stereo to boxes of aquatic marine life on 35mm slides for years now just because it was "willed" to us.

buncha crap.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I cut my uncle out of my life. When my stepfather died I caught him on his place a few days later trying to take a commercial zero turn mower and trailer. He also got a trailer from my father and did not pay for it prior to my dad's death. He is a real POS.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My brother in law tried to. I told him to make it right or I was going to prosecute him. He made it right within 24 hours.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by KFWA
my family has a long history of no account sumbitches showing up right after a funeral and loading up their car with whatever they can get their hands on

I see the early stages of it in my wife's family. People that make bad decisions all their life and justify being entitled to whatever they can get their hands on because you don't "need it".

I told my wife she is going to have to choose between material possessions or blood because when her mom dies it won't be pretty when the vultures show up. The police had to come out and separate people after her dad died.

Very common, unfortunately. I think you hit the nail on the head about people feeling entitled. The combination of greed and entitlement leads folks to rationalize all sorts of nonsense. If an estate is large. It might make sense to hire an outside person/executor to enforce the terms of the will. At best, this would allow objective thinking to prevail. At worst, all the heirs would be po’d at an outsider, and still be able to stand each other.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
On a related note, shame on folks who leave the kids with piles of stuff to sort through and clean up. Get that crap disposed of while you’re still able. Too often it becomes a huge workload for the kids, many of whom are already busy people. That just becomes one more thing for them to argue about. Apologies to the OP if this is too far off track.

Last edited by WMR; 09/28/21.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jericho - " ... Shortly after that she had him removed by the police, how anyone can do something like that and still look at themselves in the mirror is beyond me. "

That isn't a problem . Vampires can't see themselves in a mirror. wink

As the old saying goes, "People are funny about money." Hasn't changed in thousands of years.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was helping a woman judge troubleshoot her horse trailer tail lights, and she told me, ~~"If you have care takers for your feeble parents, they will get the will changed, and you will be in court, 50% of the time."

She was smart enough to understand everything I said about electricity. That is not a normal woman.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wifes side is going to be a fugging s.hit show when her remaining grandparents and parents pass.

SIL is a 30 something that still rents and has said in conversation she has no intention of buying a house, '' when mom and dad are gone I'll just move into the house and it'll be furnished already''. Almost funny, she really believes thats how it will go down.

My side knows better.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Every election cycle it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure how many family members are willing to defraud everyone else. It also doesn't take long to find someone to advertise to justify it for them.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Have had a fair share of this chit go on in my family. Fortunately I have not been the direct recipient of it. My immediate family has not had any dealings with nearly our entire family in 30 plus years. One half of the family is irish catholic the other is polish catholic there is a bunch of us. I just cannot understand how people can do some of the chit they do to family and somehow think it is ok. Some times I think I am missing out by not being involved with my extended family. Then I read stuff like this thread. No I am good being that crazy cousin with lots guns that no one talks to.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I feel so much better knowing the campfire is populated by saints able to tell their story. LOL

"For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil" 1 Tim 6:10

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My father was a salesman. He worked for the Tony company and sold hair curlers, shampoo, hair color dye etc. He always had a bunch of samples in the back seat of his car. After 20 years of that, our garage was full of old samples of this stuff, just gathering dust. My sister was 16 years old and her boyfriend decided to have a garage sale. My dad agreed. Dad told the teenagers that they might make $300, and they would do an even split of the money. This garage sale was entirely the idea of sister and boyfriend, my dad would never have done it by himself.

The two kids put up all the signs, put up a couple of tables there by the side of the road and started the sale at 8 am. It was a big hit! All the housewives were stopping all day long to buy stuff these hair curlers and shampoo. My Dad was there and they had agreed that Dad would be the "banker" and would hold all the money.
As the sun went down, it was unbelievable but they made $1200. The teenage kids were going to make $400 each in cash in one day! Looked like a win-win situation.

And then my dad "explained" to the kids that, they originally thought they would just make $100 each, so in line with that, he would pay them $100 each, and he would keep the rest of the money. My dad cheated his own 16 year old daughter out of $300, and cheated her boyfriend out of another $300. That was my dad.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by KFWA

Very common, unfortunately. I think you hit the nail on the head about people feeling entitled. The combination of greed and entitlement leads folks to rationalize all sorts of nonsense. If an estate is large. It might make sense to hire an outside person/executor to enforce the terms of the will. At best, this would allow objective thinking to prevail. At worst, all the heirs would be po’d at an outsider, and still be able to stand each other.

see it happening right now with the best man in my wedding. Older brother got the mother to change the will while in the clear stages of dementia, leaving him everything. Sister finds out about it and begins stealing money out of the bank accounts - just some white trash no account garbage. I'm sure the mother never considered an executor necessary with her children all living in harmony during the latter stages of her life.

I guess unfortunate or not, I've never personally been in the position to have to worry about anything of significant value being left to family members. My dad left us a '79 Ford F-150 with after market A/C. We were like "you want it? no? I don't want it either". I don't even remember what happened to that truck.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/29/21.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Yes, successfully through legal shatweaselry to the tune of about $12,000 after my Mom died. That's all I'm gonna say about it. That woman is dead to me...

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My 1st cousin's husband had himself his own pyramid scheme. Dont know how he didn't end up in jail, to the tune of over a million. Got 25k from my mother. He got caught when folks started showing up at the front door wanting their money. He finally came halfway clean to my cousin. Went through bankruptcy, the folks that sued got pennies back if they got anything back at all. He inherited his fathers house, he took a loan out against it and also took 80 grand earnest money from a church members daughter towards buying it. Lets just say she lost that money. Took about 4 years for my cousin to finally divorce him and move out. My uncle has been giving them the max yearly gift since they were born, they are all in their 20s now....the ex-husband spent all that too. He also bought an old printing business years back and tried to get my father, an electrician, to say electrical issues burned out all the equipment so he could file an insurance claim for new stuff. That was the first sign of him being a scumbag. I heard he just bought himself a new truck too. Good for him....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

246 members (240NMC, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 257 roberts, 21, 2500HD, 22 invisible), 1,997 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,086
Posts18,501,717
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.