Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Originally Posted by 79S
The hardest L/H Winchester model 70 to find in the standard bolt face is the 270 Winchester. The only short action model 70’s I seen were the one chambered in the WSM’s. Your lefty in the 06 same price I mentioned already. On gunbroker probably go close to 2 grand. Winchester will never make a L/H model 70 again so what’s out thier is highly sought after.

79 - I'm curious why you think they'll *never* do it again? Seems like every so often they'd do a limited run just to keep a market alive for lefties.

When you say every so often,,,like once in a lifetime often?

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Orion,

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/905931304

Was headache the senior designer?

Definitely not my cup-o-tea. However, have this thought in my head that a LH JOC Tribute rifle built on the first ever LH M70 receiver would be pretty cool. Up the cool factor by having Mr. Echols do the work. It is all out of my grasp. But loonies gotta dream…. smile

Out of my grasp too....but I like the way you think. wink

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
The hardest L/H Winchester model 70 to find in the standard bolt face is the 270 Winchester. The only short action model 70’s I seen were the one chambered in the WSM’s. Your lefty in the 06 same price I mentioned already. On gunbroker probably go close to 2 grand. Winchester will never make a L/H model 70 again so what’s out thier is highly sought after.

79 - I'm curious why you think they'll *never* do it again? Seems like every so often they'd do a limited run just to keep a market alive for lefties.

Uh...... it took Winchester 60yrs to build a lefty.. then did another run in 2003-2004. New Haven closed, 2008 FN brought them back out so 2068 is when a lefty will be offered again. People been wanting a synthetic stainless in a 375 H&H Winchester can’t even do that, much less make a run of lefties.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Uh...... it took Winchester 60yrs to build a lefty.. then did another run in 2003-2004. New Haven closed, 2008 FN brought them back out so 2068 is when a lefty will be offered again. People been wanting a synthetic stainless in a 375 H&H Winchester can’t even do that, much less make a run of lefties.

What John doesn't say is they are a damn Browning. They don't have the tooling or the know how to make a damn left hand rifle. He's trying to be nice. Its not fu CKING Winchester anymore. Nuff said...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

What John doesn't say is they are a damn Browning. They don't have the tooling or the know how to make a damn left hand rifle. He's trying to be nice. Its not fu CKING Winchester anymore. Nuff said...

We will see a left handed xpr long before we ever see a lefty baco model 70.. I’m sure they have the ability and tooling to do it. But is their a market demand? If so we would’ve saw a left kimber 84L and 84M a long time ago.

Last edited by 79S; 10/01/21.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

We will see a left handed xpr long before we ever see a lefty baco model 70.. I’m sure they have the ability and tooling to do it. But is their a market demand? If so we would’ve saw a left kimber 84L and 84M a long time ago.

BACO is for themselves, not the consumer. You like them though. Maybe you can put in a good word. You speak Philipino? That may help..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

BACO is for themselves, not the consumer. You like them though. Maybe you can put in a good word. You speak Philipino? That may help..

Oh lawrence you got into the fire water again lol... also it's Portuguese not philipino, far as a company being for themselves? That's any company looking to make money.. it is ironic you cuss winchester being made in Portugal but you have a gun safe full of tikkas that are made in Sweden that's owned by beretta lol.. for the record I own 1 baco model 70 and it's a South Carolina rifle..

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Eh... if you want to really split that hair, Winchester wasn't Winchester long before they started making Model 70s. So how far back do you want to go? The quality of the Portugal-made rifles is excellent... which is what actually matters. And what rifle company *isn't* trying to make a profit? Oh, right, Remington. How'd that work out?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 3,110 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,746
Posts18,514,559
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.