Print Thread
Hop To
H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Has anyone on the fire bought and used one, or know of anyone that has,, ? I am thinking of trying one, but don't know what they cost or if they can do what they claim on their commercials...they want you to contact them , but when I have done that for other items they are impossible to get rid of on my computer, any suggestions?? Thanks

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My brother has one and uses it, although he uses bottles more than the generator. I believe it cost him around $2400. He has not said anything bad about it, and it seems to do its job relatively efficiently.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My wife is on oxygen 24/7. She has two Inogens. They are terrific.

When she first started oxygen, she barely left the house because of the hassle of managing tanks. With the portable concentrator, she pretty well goes wherever she wants.

There are two kinds of oxygen supply: continuous flow, and pulse. Most oxygen tanks are continuous flow. Oxygen is supplied at a continuous rate, often 2 liters per minute. The Inogens are pulse systems. They sense when you inhale, and release a little pulse of oxygen at just the right moment. Pulse systems use far less power, and so can easily run on batteries. The downside is that they are not compatible with CPAP machines.

You can get a pulse regulator for an oxygen tank. We have one, which we keep for backup. With that, the little shorty oxygen bottles last about 8-10 hours instead of just 2. That's an improvement, but the Inogens are far better.

I think we paid about $1850 for each of our Inogens.

Last edited by denton; 09/30/21.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I use an inogen backpack machine, it comes with two batteries one rated for eight hours and the backup is rated for five hours. Comes with a vehicle charge cord and a 110 for charging in the house. I'm in a wheelchair and this thing fits on the back of the chair. It made going places100% easier. I paid $1900 for mine have had it for almost two years had to replace the filters once. Very easy to do.I would be lost without it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
When my dad started to have serious respiratory issues about 10 years ago we bought an Inogen for him. It's never had an issue and even though he passed last year, that Inogen still works. Small enough to carry everywhere and good enough battery to last.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Hubert
Has anyone on the fire bought and used one, or know of anyone that has,, ? I am thinking of trying one, but don't know what they cost or if they can do what they claim on their commercials...they want you to contact them , but when I have done that for other items they are impossible to get rid of on my computer, any suggestions?? Thanks

My FIL has a chronic lung problem and was tied to a large machine or oxygen bottle 24/7 until he got his. It keeps is O2 levels in the good range and gives him more freedom. If you get one, also get the extra battery and charger. It was well worth getting.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by Hubert

My FIL has a chronic lung problem and was tied to a large machine or oxygen bottle 24/7 until he got his. It keeps is O2 levels in the good range and gives him more freedom. If you get one, also get the extra battery and charger. It was well worth getting.

This...........

And don't just look at Inogen. There are other options just as good or better.

Inogen is usually a bit more $$for what you get because they advertise a lot. The Caire Freestyle Comfort, for example, for roughly the same money, is an excellent portable.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1234, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,638
Posts18,474,424
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.