Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
No worries Terryk, they have another drug that will fix the adverse side effects of the one they are pushing and of course of that fix causes a side effect, well heck, they have one for that one also. And not to worry about cost because your health insurance co. will take care of it and if you don't have health insurance, well, they can find you some gov. money.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huskyrunner
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
Ivermectin acts by interfering with the nerve and muscle functions of helminths and insects. The drug binds to glutamate-gated chloride channels common to invertebrate nerve and muscle cells.

Ivermectin has broad antiviral activity by apparently blocking nuclear import. Wife used to work for a lady scientist studying importin at Harvard.

[Linked Image from mdpi.com]

Blocking endocytosis of selected receptors such as the ace2 receptors is fair game. Other treatments also do the same thing, make viral transport into a cell more difficult, like HQ, C, etc. They change the PH gradient that eases receptor based endocytosis.
My opinion is that text books written over the last 50 years are pretty solid basis to analysis. No political propaganda.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I was certain that Merck was the original producer of Ivermectin...........

I was right after a quick WIKI search.

I find it interesting that the company that brought us ivermectin is now bringing us an antiviral to fight covid.

Too bad that ivermectin is useless against covid 19 and probably there was no data available to Merck for coming up with an antiviral..............

Oh well.

But the new stuff, probably has a similar mode of action, and it’s only 700 times more expensive than ivermectin.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The new Merck drug is being priced at over $700 a treatment. And it was developed using research funds provided by the US government.

In other words, as a tax payer, you get screwed twice while Merck makes a windfall. The US government funds almost 50% of all drug research (Nearly $90 BILLION!). In addition, your elected officials (Mainly Bill Clinton and Obama) relaxed the pricing controls on all drugs produced with tax payer money, allowing the pharmaceutical companies to gouge you.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
A conspiracy-minded person might think that Ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine, etc. were being poo-pahed so that Big Pharma could come up with an expensive treatment for covid.

This right here.

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I was certain that Merck was the original producer of Ivermectin...........

I was right after a quick WIKI search.

I find it interesting that the company that brought us ivermectin is now bringing us an antiviral to fight covid.

Too bad that ivermectin is useless against covid 19 and probably there was no data available to Merck for coming up with an antiviral..............

Oh well.

But the new stuff, probably has a similar mode of action, and it’s only 700 times more expensive than ivermectin.

Now NIH approved or studying. Go figure. A bit more than halfway down.

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/tables/table-2e/

Last edited by NoDak; 10/15/21.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Dutch
A conspiracy-minded person might think that Ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine, etc. were being poo-pahed so that Big Pharma could come up with an expensive treatment for covid.

Which appears less effective than vitamin B or Ivermectin........

Maybe it’s about the money, after all?

It usually is. I would say it always is, but a college professor I had taught me to always avoid the use of the words "always" or "never".

Yeah, same here.

Always and Never aren't very popular in the biological world, as those words connote absolutes. And, with biological variability, there isn't much that's absolute, short of death and taxes.

That's why bell curves are used to express standard deviations, deviation from the mean, tests for statistical confidence, etc.

DF

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Interesting timing on this announcement. The stock market futures were significantly lower early this morning to continue the big decline from yesterday. When this was announced at 6 AM the stock market futures abruptly turned around and now are showing solid gains. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a continued drop in the market later this afternoon.

Did Nancy Piglosy and her husband invest?

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (01Foreman400, 7887mm08, 300s, achadwick, 2UP, 10 invisible), 1,591 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,624
Posts18,474,075
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.