Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
skeen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What the.... laugh

A man dressed up like a ninja reportedly attacked special operations soldiers training in California
Brigid Kennedy, Contributing Writer
Thu, September 30, 2021, 4:13 PM

In yet another piece of evidence that we are in fact living in a simulation, special operations soldiers training at an airport in the Mojave Desert were reportedly attacked and wounded by "a sword-wielding man dressed as a ninja" and forced to shelter in a hangar, Stars and Stripes reports.

The absurd incident reportedly took place sometime after 1 a.m. on Sept. 18, "according to what appears to be a military incident report shared on Instagram and Reddit," writes Stars and Stripes. Ridgecrest Police Department records also appear to confirm some of the details in the social media documents, which suggest the wounded victims — a staff sergeant and a captain — to be members of "the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, an elite helicopter unit known as the Night Stalkers," per Stars and Stripes.

According to the photographed report, which has not been independently verified, the staff sergeant was outside smoking a cigarette when he was approached by "an unknown person wearing full ninja garb," who asked, "Do you know who I am?" and "Do you know where my family is?"

After the solider answered "no", the "person in ninja garb began to slash at [the soldier], striking his phone and his knee and leg," per the report. As the staff sergeant then took off running, the man dressed as a ninja began kicking and punching doors and windows, then reportedly threw a block of asphast through a building window. The captain, inside, was stuck by the block, according to the social media document.

The victims called 911, and the "ninja" reportedly fled and was arrested elsewhere. Read more at Stars and Stripes.

Story link - https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-dressed-ninja-reportedly-attacked-211311229.html

Stars and Stripes link - https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us...erations-california-airport-3076663.html

Last edited by skeen; 10/01/21. Reason: added Stars and Stripes link

skeen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That Ninja let them off easy. Unusual indeed.

No stars or darts, even.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

...or a pocket ninja.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, an elite helicopter unit known as the Night Stalkers..."

Okay, so members of an elite unit got run off by this?!

Now, I know we've got some pretty badass helicopter people here, pilots and crewmen, former and current, so I'm guessing it's the term "elite" that has changed through the years....

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
"the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, an elite helicopter unit known as the Night Stalkers..."

Okay, so members of an elite unit got run off by this?!

Now, I know we've got some pretty badass helicopter people here, pilots and crewmen, former and current, so I'm guessing it's the term "elite" that has changed through the years....

Maybe I’m wrong, but I associate special operations troops with ground units.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are some bat schit looney fuggers in Ridgecrest area. Had a facility out there I managed back in the 90's.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
"Maybe I’m wrong, but I associate special operations troops with ground units. "

I believe the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, is the helicopter unit that flies the ground special operators into the locations where they are supposed to fight.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You are incorrect, Jeffrey. Special Ops includes all kinds of airborne troops and machines.

The stupid thing is that troops in training like that are unarmed. They train with some of most badass weaponry you can imagine, but they can't be trusted with personal weapons to defend themselves?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
There are some bat schit looney fuggers in Ridgecrest area. Had a facility out there I managed back in the 90's.

Are you saying weirdos flock to the desert?

Read my sig line.....................................maybe there's a reason?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can never trust a ninja ... ever

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
You are incorrect, Jeffrey. Special Ops includes all kinds of airborne troops and machines.

The stupid thing is that troops in training like that are unarmed. They train with some of most badass weaponry you can imagine, but they can't be trusted with personal weapons to defend themselves?

They might be insurrectionists…

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
"Maybe I’m wrong, but I associate special operations troops with ground units. "

I believe the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, is the helicopter unit that flies the ground special operators into the locations where they are supposed to fight.

They're not just taxis - they carry weapons too.

And the Air Force and Navy special operations commands might take exception to being overlooked. The Marines might be ok with getting lumped in with ground troops, but they can get testy at times.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ninja

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 10/01/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
You can never trust a ninja ... ever

Especially this guy

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 160th SOAR is no joke. Those boys have balls bigger than Flash Gordon. The selection process for the 160th is an extremely tight standard that very few aviators can meet.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MOGC
The 160th SOAR is no joke. Those boys have balls bigger than Flash Gordon. The selection process for the 160th is an extremely tight standard that very few aviators can meet.

What he said. I've met several of the guys and gals of the 160th. Impressed with all of them. They are the guys and gals that took the ground forces in to get Bin Laden. When asked if they participated they always reply...."You'll have to rely on the news reports Rick".
They certainly aren't "lightweights".
Rick

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Still, I'm losing faith in our special ops guys. I would have expected them to open up a can of whoopa$$ on the ninja wannabe.

"A free people (claim) their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate."
--Thomas Jefferson, Rights of British America, 1774
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The warriors on the ground could not function without 160th SOAR! The two are inseparable!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ninja-ess:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

200 members (257 mag, 37L1, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,637 guests, and 882 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,620
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.