Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I don't need a license from God to "sin", it just comes natural.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 10/03/21.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Of course. God created man with free will.
I think Jesus’ followers have been called to live in freedom, but they likely shouldn’t use that freedom to satisfy their sinful nature. To me, that freedom isn’t an excuse or a “license” to sin...that freedom isn’t a permission slip to sin.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Does god sin?’

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ironbender
Does god sin?’

Stupid question, but no, and it's God, not god.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If I "covet" my buddy's pickup or have the hots for his old lady will I go to Hell, or will God forgive me ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does god sin?
If He’s omnipotent, then He has unlimited power and is able to do anything. Whether or not He violates His own divine Law, I don’t know. Whether or not He holds Himself to the same standards He imposes on us, I don’t know. I think His ways are far greater than our limited ability to comprehend them.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

It's God's message. If you don't want it, why waste everyone's time trying drive others away from it bb, in, df

Please prove this

Allah said so.

Clark,

When are you going on a beer run up North?
I'm betting Missy does a Tyson knock out in under 30 seconds.

Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by shootem
The little 2 HP scooter things that go about 18 mph. Always thought there should be a model called the DUI (because that’s why most guys ride them) pronounced DO-e. Or DeathWish, because that has to be what you have to get one of those things out in traffic.

A friend bought a faded out pink one of those in college, for $100 I think it was. At 49cc it was below the 50cc street vehicle threshold, so one didn't need a motorcycle endorsement nor did some of the traffic laws apply (I think....I can't totally remember). It had a cute basket on the front and a centrifugal clutch. Top speed was maybe 20 MPH and there were some hills it simply wouldn't make it up with a full grown person on it.

We made a lot of beer runs on that thing, sometimes with me riding bitch. It was BAD ASS.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Camper,

I’d just wave my dick in the air and wait for the adoring smile.

Same as I’d do to you.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Does god sin?
If He’s omnipotent, then He has unlimited power and is able to do anything. Whether or not He violates His own divine Law, I don’t know. Whether or not He holds Himself to the same standards He imposes on us, I don’t know. I think His ways are far greater than our limited ability to comprehend them.

The only way he could be the acceptable Sacrifice to take the place of us sinners is as the Lamb without spot or blemish.
He was the sinless well pleasing acceptable Sacrifice Who paid for the sins of the world

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

I Corinthians 5

At the Unbeliever's decision to stop trusting in their own good deeds and instead make Jesus the Object of faith, he believes that gospel, is given everlasting life.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. I do believe that Jesus not only lived a sinless life, but was perfectly merciful and gracious and reverent throughout His entire life.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yes. I do believe that Jesus not only lived a sinless life, but was perfectly merciful and gracious and reverent throughout His entire life.

I'm 99% sure that Mary Magdalene taste tested his manna...

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What exactly is sin? To make mistakes? To be imperfect? To be human? To be born in a world where killing and death are the rules of life?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DBT
What exactly is sin? To make mistakes? To be imperfect? To be human? To be born in a world where killing and death are the rules of life?

Ruh-roh.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DBT

sin=separation from God. God is not going to force anyone to love him, therefore He gives Satan free reign to tempt people and get them on his side. Humanity has welcomed satan with open arms.

2 Corinthians 4:4
in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Last edited by JGRaider; 10/03/21.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Freedom to sin, maybe but without his approval.

Yes.
God does not approve of or condone sin. He condemned sins because He is just.
Jesus Himself bore the punishment for ALL sinners in His body on the cross.
The Father was satisfied with the justice carried out in full.
Now there is no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus.
For the rest of the Campfire, the offer is extended.
The gift is expensive, but it's already been paid for.
No works are required, nor any accepted.

"For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by DBT

sin=separation from God. God is not going to force anyone to love him, therefore He gives Satan free reign to tempt people and get them on his side. Humanity has welcomed satan with open arms.

2 Corinthians 4:4
in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

That's not what I meant.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I “sin”... it is a willful wrong on my part, it is a willful bad decision on my part. It’s not a “mistake”...a mistake is something you make on a math test when you get an answer wrong (for example). Big difference.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Craigster
If I "covet" my buddy's pickup or have the hots for his old lady will I go to Hell, or will God forgive me ?

He will send you to Hell for rejecting God's gift of His Son.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nobody chooses their own condition, some flawed, some damaged, some broken. We do the best we can with what we have.

Some do better than others because they are equipped to do better: better in business, better at sport, better with relationships, better life management. Others fall by the wayside, for countless reasons, some due to their own fault, poor decisions (is stupid a choice), others due to circumstances beyond their control, accidents, poor health, location, a slum in India in a family of street beggars, many believing in a God or gods, praying for guidance, praying for aid...yet all are deemed sinners?

What exactly is Sin?

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I “sin”... it is a willful wrong on my part, it is a willful bad decision on my part. It’s not a “mistake”...a mistake is something you make on a math test when you get an answer wrong (for example). Big difference.

It's possible to regret a decision the moment it's made and carried out, at which point it's too late. It's possible to regret saying something the moment the words are out of your mouth, at which point it's too late, it has been said....

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

421 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 37 invisible), 2,059 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,445
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.