-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keep a few thousand dollars handy if you want a 10 year old truck. When they come up for sale by an individual ready money is your friend. Not necessarily so with dealers, they want the finance or lease money. Buy from an individual.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I ordered a new F150 months ago and it's been delayed 5 different times. It's build date was 8/9 but I'm guessing it's been parked somewhere waiting for chips. The system just finally moved it from in production to build and preparing to ship. Hopefully I'll have it soon. The kids are tired of me taking them to school in my old 94 2 door yukon I usually just hunt in. Those rear seat belts in the older vehicles weren't made to actually be used.Bb
Just curious. Did you get a price below MSRP?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hastings
Keep a few thousand dollars handy if you want a 10 year old truck. When they come up for sale by an individual ready money is your friend. Not necessarily so with dealers, they want the finance or lease money. Buy from an individual.

No offense but I think some of you guys are out of the loop concerning the current market.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by deflave
The new and used car market is completely fugked right now.

That's what happens when you shut production down for 12 months.

Thank a COVTARD.

Now’s not the time to buy, but it’s probably going to get worser and worser.

True.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

No offense but I think some of you guys are out of the loop concerning the current market.

I keep a nickel in my britches in case I want some sugar candy at the general store.

Me

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have noticed a lot of the people at auctions are just used car lot owners buying them for their lots.

Anyhow you may pay more at an actual dealership for a used vehicle than from an individual, but at the same time a dealership (usually) will have their mechanics go through it and make any necessary repairs before selling. Same with a used car dealer if they have a mechanic, or they'll take it to an autoshop they work with before reselling. Most individuals selling their vehicles sell them as is, and often bandaid any issues so you don't notice them until you make the deal. I am sure exceptions to this exit, but as a general rule this has been my experience.

If you finance, you often get a better interest rate buying new vs used, regardless if you go through a dealer or not.

There's lots of ups and downs to decipher.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You guys are cracking me the fugk up.

My wife's Highlander is one year old. ONE year old.

CARMAX (read that again) will give me $10K over what she paid. On a fugking Highlander.

Buckle your seat belts, it's gonna get worse.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buy from an individual.

Yeah, man, buy from an individual. 'Cuz some random dude on craigslist wouldn't lie to you, nor misrepresent the car, would he? crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I have noticed a lot of the people at auctions are just used car lot owners buying them for their lots.

A

For several years I was friends with one of those guys, he had a lot in Michigan and wintered in Yuma at our same RV Resort, he ran his business by phone from there. He gave me some good tips. The main idea I got from him is when looking at a used vehicle, dont focus so much on what it is, instead look to see what it will take to bring it up to speed. This has worked out very well for me, for instance about 10 years ago I bought a 2003 F150 single cab, paid $7500 for it and spent probably another $2000 on it, over a thousand of that was for the ARE topper. New tires and shocks, full service, etc, bits and pieces. I still drive it daily and it has been a good ol' truck for me, I would not have done any better buying a new one. Probably today might sell for what I have in it.
I[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’m getting ready to sell half the cars in my driveway and the three in the front yard

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Used car dealers getting them from auction.....canada, north east and michigan.
10 yrs old, 150 k miles and rusty underneath.
15 grand

But they offer financing for everone LOL

Not a clean rig at fair price anywhere.

Pickups going well above normal price.
Buy a new one, drive it a couple yrs and sell for more than paid

Crazy.

5 dollar gas will kill that game

Last edited by hookeye; 10/03/21.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Teal

I keep a nickel in my britches in case I want some sugar candy at the general store.

You’re funny today.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I understand, but the best deals I've been able to get are from folks with a extra car/truck on their hands maybe due to a death or whatever. The market is strange right now. I bought a new GMC 4WD crew cab in February of 2020 and could easily get as much or more than I paid for it with 18,000 miles on it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Hubert
when I totaled my 2010 PU I have been looking for another of about the same year, The new auto dealers will not sell you one. they sell all their trade-ins to wholesellers , that sell them in auctions or whatever else they do with them,,, but not sold on their lot.. I am too old to use up a new truck. and no one wants my leftover.. there are some available ,but by the time they are road worthy I would have the cost of a new truck in them...so what are you all that are in my place doing...?

Is the DMV allowing you to keep driving?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It's shocking how quickly the government ruined the dollar's value.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Just got rid of my 2012 F350 with 111k for $35k

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
You guys are cracking me the fugk up.

My wife's Highlander is one year old. ONE year old.

CARMAX (read that again) will give me $10K over what she paid. On a fugking Highlander.

Buckle your seat belts, it's gonna get worse.

Glad my old Dart is still kicking.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by hunter4623

Did they use lube?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by T_Inman

A

For several years I was friends with one of those guys, he had a lot in Michigan and wintered in Yuma at our same RV Resort, he ran his business by phone from there. He gave me some good tips. The main idea I got from him is when looking at a used vehicle, dont focus so much on what it is, instead look to see what it will take to bring it up to speed. This has worked out very well for me, for instance about 10 years ago I bought a 2003 F150 single cab, paid $7500 for it and spent probably another $2000 on it, over a thousand of that was for the ARE topper. New tires and shocks, full service, etc, bits and pieces. I still drive it daily and it has been a good ol' truck for me, I would not have done any better buying a new one. Probably today might sell for what I have in it.
I[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have never had a problem buying from an individual but this is pretty much what I do. If the asking price is close to the value of the vehicle, I calculate what it will cost to make any necessary repairs. With the internet it is not hard to estimate the value of almost any vehicle. I am still able to do most of my own repairs and have the facilities to do so. I still include some labor for myself.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by hunter4623

Did they use lube?

Same stuff I use on your sister

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (1minute, 2five7, 2ndwind, 264mag, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 25 invisible), 2,094 guests, and 1,026 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,850
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.