Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Fired my target yesterday, after a grueling day of competition. I said "hang on guys let me bang this target out then we can have some beers!"

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Excellent shoot gnoahhh and cool BSA. Thanks for sharing with us. Nicely done!! What ammo did you use? Is that a high power Unertl on top? We have some guys that have those on top of their Winchester model 52's.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes indeed. Gnoahhh, your rifle has me puzzled. What is it?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
1950-vintage BSA Martini International MkI. 20x Lyman Supertargetspot, Eley Tenex, wind 4-8mph from 9 o'clock.

The winning 100 yard score target I fired today. 249x250. (The white 25-ring is 3/4" in diameter. 3/4" group on left, 1/2" group on right when the wind died for a bit.)

My best group in group competition was only .650", for 3rd place. Was beaten by a .561" and a .625". The wind was a little tricky again, and I'm no better at doping the wind than I was last time!

Last edited by gnoahhh; 10/03/21.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for the enlightenment!

I might be jealous. grin

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Great shooting K22 and gnoahhh!!….,and gnoahhh am trying to get that Winchester 1885 done so maybe one day I can attend one of these Schuetzen matches!

PennDog

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
1950-vintage BSA Martini International MkI. 20x Lyman Supertargetspot, Eley Tenex, wind 4-8mph from 9 o'clock.

The winning 100 yard score target I fired today. 249x250. (The white 25-ring is 3/4" in diameter. 3/4" group on left, 1/2" group on right when the wind died for a bit.)

My best group in group competition was only .650", for 3rd place. Was beaten by a .561" and a .625". The wind was a little tricky again, and I'm no better at doping the wind than I was last time!

Excellent shooting buddy. Good scores at 100. We can all learn from that kind of shooting. Nicely done..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Great shooting gnoahhh. Very, very impressive. Love the BSA. What year was it made?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
K22 and Gnoahhh thanks for taking the time to post pictures of some very nice rifles. And the targets look darn fine also.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by K22
Great shooting gnoahhh. Very, very impressive. Love the BSA. What year was it made?

Thanks fellas. It's dirty business but someone has to do it!

Penndog - you have until next spring now to get her cooking. We would love to have you come down. It's a great bunch of guys we shoot with, some of whom come to Maryland from great distances.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by K22

Thanks fellas. It's dirty business but someone has to do it!

Penndog - you have until next spring now to get her cooking. We would love to have you come down. It's a great bunch of guys we shoot with, some of whom come to Maryland from great distances.

That might just give me the impetus I need to finish tha project!
I would love to see some of yours and then others rifles first hand!

PennDog

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I just wanted to say thank you to bsa1917 for kicking off this postal match.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Yes, thank you bsa1917. It has inspired me enough that now I'm thinking about dragging out some more rimfire rifles to see how they perform on this target.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
It's a good target - small enough to be a real challenge no matter what gun you shoot, and large enough to instill confidence. Good compromise IMO.

"Aim small, miss small"

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I would give it a whirl, but I knowing my shooting, I'd end up with negative points 😂. None of my rimfire rifles are what I would consider tack drivers, either. Yall are way better shots than I.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K22

The MK-II BSA Internationals Gary and I shoot were made from 53 - 59 (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46389) . I didn't get any pics of my target yesterday but I ended up with a 298 and 8 bulls so maybe a 4th place finish. I was using Lapua Midas + with a Weaver T36 scope.

Gary and I will get together next weekend to shoot some more of the CF rimfire precision as I want to try one with the Martini and one with my Anschutz sillhouette rifle.

My Martini on the range @ Thurmont - The target butts and even the concrete pad were under feet of water three weeks ago in the Monocacy river flood

You get some neat old rifles at Schutzen matches and folks who know every little thing about accuracy.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by K22

Yes, thank you bsa1917. It has inspired me enough that now I'm thinking about dragging out some more rimfire rifles to see how they perform on this target.

That's where I'm at - just drug out two "new" ones and that Remington 40X-KS again - figured maybe better ammo would help (it did along with adjusting the torque on the action screws). A friend gave me some high end target ammo and back out to the range I wen (actually a different range as it was raining this morning).

The 40X-KS with Leupold 4.5-14X did much better and used Lapua X-Act ammo (actually in all three guns).

Next was the Kimber HS in added varmint stock with Leupold 6.5-20X EFR

Last today was a custom Winchester 52A with a Redfield 3200 24X scope....it liked the X-Act (as all pretty much did).

The wind was light this morning but did drizzle off and on - need to pick out some more to try - this will be an excellent record for me to keep with each rifle for ammo preferences!

Thanks again bsa1917!,
PennDog

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Bingo!

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pugs

The MK-II BSA Internationals Gary and I shoot were made from 53 - 59 (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46389) .

Gary and I will get together next weekend to shoot some more of the CF rimfire precision as I want to try one with the Martini and one with my Anschutz sillouette rifle.

My Martini on the range @ Thurmont - The target butts and even the concrete pad were under feet of water three weeks ago in the Monocacy river flood

Actually mine's a MkI and dates to the first year of manufacture, 1950 (three digit serial number, one of the first ones). MkII's did come out in 1953 and lasted until 1959.

MkI: trigger adjustment screws located inside the trigger group and accessible only by dropping the trigger/bolt group out of the gun. MkII's: the same gun but with trigger adjustment screws accessible from the out side.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 10/04/21.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs

The MK-II BSA Internationals Gary and I shoot were made from 53 - 59 (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46389) .

Gary and I will get together next weekend to shoot some more of the CF rimfire precision as I want to try one with the Martini and one with my Anschutz sillouette rifle.

Actually mine's a MkI and dates to the first year of manufacture, 1950 (three digit serial number, one of the first ones). MkII's did come out in 1953 and lasted until 1959.

MkI: trigger adjustment screws located inside the trigger group and accessible only by dropping the trigger/bolt group out of the gun. MkII's: the same gun but with trigger adjustment screws accessible from the out side.

Right! I remember troubleshooting mine and yours was a little different.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,524
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.