-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boatammo, you are correct! Hope we get some rain Saturday, and we get the cooler weather they're predicting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haven't burned my garbage dump since the first week of June. Grasshoppers ate anything that the cows didn't get. So dry and dusty that my lab kicks up a dust cloud when I work him in the evening. Most of the deer and antelope fawns died over the summer when their mamas dried up. It's flat miserable over here on the Big Dry. We'll still get half the state of Washington over here to kill the few deer we have left though.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ranger1
Haven't burned my garbage dump since the first week of June. Grasshoppers ate anything that the cows didn't get. So dry and dusty that my lab kicks up a dust cloud when I work him in the evening. Most of the deer and antelope fawns died over the summer when their mamas dried up. It's flat miserable over here on the Big Dry. We'll still get half the state of Washington over here to kill the few deer we have left though.

Im bird hunting now I E Montana Forgive me.grasshoppers have been good for huns

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Chuckle...damn things better be good for something!

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by viking
I am up in Sydney/Fairview. Dry as a bone.

Sydney?

Ya caught me, Sidney Montana that is๐Ÿ˜†.

The beet harvest is underway, be careful to those traveling around this area.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Remsen
I'm right off of 12 around White Sulphur and it's been bone dry since the last snow melted. I was pretty concerned about lighting strikes until the local cattle grazed everything to dirt. Even now, though, you hear crackling as you walk around when usually it's silent. Plenty of wildlife, though.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I love that area.

I also love your big black forend.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
Dry here in ND also. Friend is combining 13 bushel beans. Glad I quit farming. Edk

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I cover a bit of dryland country. Seen plenty. Late dry summer is nothing unusual. This was more severe. It looked absolutely dead. Like nothing grew up this year. The bunchgrass looked awful. Mostly it wasn't at all an over grazed appearance.

Saw nearby a batch of cows and calves getting split up. Darn buggers looked small compared to what's normal. But, I don't know chit about ag.

Good Luck guys.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm right off of 12 around White Sulphur and it's been bone dry since the last snow melted. I was pretty concerned about lighting strikes until the local cattle grazed everything to dirt. Even now, though, you hear crackling as you walk around when usually it's silent. Plenty of wildlife, though.

Remsen, did you put any rounds out that Turbo on your walk?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Remsen, did you put any rounds out that Turbo on your walk?

I did, way more than I expected to. I can't say I was terribly impressed with the T2 can compared to the Sandman Ti I had been using on the AR. With the Sandman it's about as loud as an unsuppressed 22 shooting standard velocity rounds. The T2 makes it just the right side of hearing safe, but only barely. The Sandman is just too long for my ARs, though, and the T2 works for this purpose. I have a Resonator in jail right now that might end up being the AR can if it can split the difference between the T2 and the Sandman for length and effectiveness.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Here, in southeastern BC, we have lakes which have dried up for the first time in over fifty years. The truth is, we have had three dry years in a row with low snow levels over the winter. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ribka - In this area the native upland birds didn't amount to much, despite literal clouds of hoppers. To the north, the huns and sharptail seem to have thrived. I think there was a better balance of hoppers to grains up there. No offense of the WA comment, it's more a point of fact than a complaint. There are just a LOT of WA folks that come out and spend time here in the fall and they typically like to shoot as many critters as the state will sell them licenses for.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,200
Posts18,503,662
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.