Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
It's hard to get real, interpretable data about Covid. Sensational headlines like "Fully Vaccinated People Have 885% Higher Chance of Dying" may generate clicks, but aren't very good at informing decision making.

Citing the raw number of deaths among vaccinated people leaves out a critical piece of information: Compared to what? How many people died vs. how many people would have died anyway? We are all subject to risk. Choosing which risks you like best is an important decision. The current frenzy for commanding people to get the vax is nonsense, and is just a way for a certain class of people to be totalitarians. Give people information, and let them evaluate their own risks.

Given how contagious Covid Delta is, it is nearly a mathmatical impossibility to vax our way out of the pandemic. What the vaccination does is buy us time to develop effective drugs. Shifting risk out a year or two is worth the effort.

Lancet just published some useful numbers. The short version is, the Pfizer vaccine becomes less effective at preventing disease after a few months, but still considerably cuts your odds of ending up in the morgue or the hospital later on. The booster shot is probably a good idea for people over 65. Contrary to the hysterics circulating, chances of the vaccination killing you are small, but not zero. Healthy people in their prime might have less risk by going unvaccinated. I don't know.

Two different drug companies are trying to fast track new drugs that are effective against Covid. Those should be widely available before long. As those become widely available, perhaps the wild exaggerations and the hysteria will die down.

Meanwhile, I've done what I can, and intend to simply get on with my life.

Last edited by denton; 10/07/21.

Be not weary in well doing.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
🤦‍♂️

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Last edited by rickt300; 10/07/21.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by SandBilly
🤦‍♂️

+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most of the people I know who have had it are now okay. Several older folks in their 80's passed away a bit early, some even in their late 60's to early 70's did the same. A handful of folks 40-60 went down with it, and 90%+ of those were in bad health. Only a couple are just difficult to explain, where the person wasn't really that old and appeared healthy. It sucks that that sort of thing happens, but that really doesn't seem like enough to alter everybody's way of life and mandate experimental drugs for everybody, especially for kids. That's the long and short of it. If Covid is to be thought of as a "real killer", then heart disease, cancer, obesity, and diabetes are the Enola Gay by comparison. Do what you gotta do and live life.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by denton
It's hard to get real, interpretable data about Covid.
I've done what I can, and intend to simply get on with my life.

This is where I have been since April / May of 2020... About two months in, it became very obvious that ALL of the data were being manipulated. I'm over it. I am going to die some day. I do not expect to live forever. And I will not live the rest of my life cowering in fear...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow. A rational, reasonable, non-rant perspective (which many people hold I suspect but keep quiet to avoid flaming haired attackers from either side).

In other words you must be a LIBERAL idiot sheep etc. etc. (Just thought I'd cut to predictable cliches before the Absolutely Always Right Police jump on you.)

I have assumed my wife and I would get Covid sooner or later and have tried to avoid it as long as possible,in expectation that over time we would develop better ways to treat it. My wife is recovering now and I apparently had it 6 weeks ago in so mild a form I discounted it at the time, mostly super fatigue. We both have high risk factors and we both chose the unknown risk of Moderna shots in Feb. over the pretty clear risk of Covid. We know a LOT more about both than we did in Feb. Pick your poison with no shame from me, but you should be allowed to decide.

FYI We started my wife on the Invermectin/hydrox/vitamins regime within two hours of her first symptom. She was pretty sick for three days, slow recovery since. My fatigue gradually lessens, but is still with me after 6 weeks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
^^^Super spreader 😆

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yeah, I've also adopted the stance of" Trust no one, not even the ones who tell you what you want to hear". If one thing is for certain, it's that you can always conduct a study so sloppily that you get the result you want and boy have we seen a few of those in recent times.
I'm with Okanagan on this one. There is way too much bad blood between most people having this debate.

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sign me up for any new drugs they’re “fast tracking” please.

We have effective treatments out there, they’re just cheap and no patent.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
" My fatigue gradually lessens, but is still with me after 6 weeks. "

Been 19 months for me, still with 'some' fatigue and somewhat reduced lung cap.

FJB & FJT
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Okanagan
Wow. A rational, reasonable, non-rant perspective (which many people hold I suspect but keep quiet to avoid flaming haired attackers from either side).

In other words you must be a LIBERAL idiot sheep etc. etc. (Just thought I'd cut to predictable cliches before the Absolutely Always Right Police jump on you.)

I have assumed my wife and I would get Covid sooner or later and have tried to avoid it as long as possible,in expectation that over time we would develop better ways to treat it. My wife is recovering now and I apparently had it 6 weeks ago in so mild a form I discounted it at the time, mostly super fatigue. We both have high risk factors and we both chose the unknown risk of Moderna shots in Feb. over the pretty clear risk of Covid. We know a LOT more about both than we did in Feb. Pick your poison with no shame from me, but you should be allowed to decide.

FYI We started my wife on the Invermectin/hydrox/vitamins regime within two hours of her first symptom. She was pretty sick for three days, slow recovery since. My fatigue gradually lessens, but is still with me after 6 weeks.

You got the shot before the covid or after?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If you believe COVID can kill you, I hope it does.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The shots won't keep you from getting the Rona, but lessons the severity and chance you will end up in the hospital. It turns out the shots would have been more effective administered 90 days apart instead of 2 week or 4 weeks apart. The shots are not 100% safe, but you need to look at the data and decide if it's worth it vs the risk of the disease. About 90% of those in the hospital are over 60 and or obese. so pick your poison. This round of Delta seems like it's putting 2x the number of people in the hospital compared to the original recipe. Our hospitals been about full for months and is short on staff like a lot of others.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I trust no one in the federal government or those associated with the pharmaceutical companies trying to develop a vaccine. We the people are unfortunately chosen as both alpha and beta test groups for a purpose as yet undetermined. One thing is certain; when the government and its minions are screaming “Hurry, hurry, time is short. The sky is falling. Trust us!!” the best course of action is to slow down and examine the situation. The people pushing and pushing and pushing this false prophet of medicine are not interested in my well being.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
🤦‍♂️

Hahaha!

Glad someone finally put it to rest.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe they should quit firing nurses and doctors for not wanting the vaccine.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Rationality^^^^^^

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Okanagan

You got the shot before the covid or after?

Before. Got the shots in Feb./March and IF I had Covid it was five or six months later. My wife got it almost seven months later, tested and not guessing that she had it. I tested as having no Covid at the same time she tested positive, and I did not get it while taking care of her. I had extreme fatigue, mild sniffles and body aches a month earlier but did not test at the time. People who have had Covid are sure that's what I had. Sample of one, in a plague where Wuhan roulette kills one and hardly touches the next 20...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

They ain't heros no more.

I am MAGA.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

151 members (1OntarioJim, achadwick, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 7887mm08, 13 invisible), 981 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,921
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.