Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I bought a bota in 2005, had to put a battery in it after about ten years, nothing has gone wrong with it.

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Do your research not all green paint is created equal.

E D M R on new series are not just "trim" levels ..E series a bit older numbers that end in 5 example 6405 ,6415 bad , 6400 6410 , good .

The cheaper line of JD is to them like leupold rifleman scope to a vx5 .
Ita amazing to me hos many spend $$ on such that dont know where thier model is made and assembled..

Last edited by ldholton; 09/17/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
I bought a bota in 2005, had to put a battery in it after about ten years, nothing has gone wrong with it.

My 2010 Kubota still has the factory battery in it. I keep expecting it to give up but no dice yet.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
You can all point fingers at ANY color or you can worship any color, just like Ford Chevy dodge
I personally wouldn’t own a Kubota, dealership here sucks and good ole boy club to boot. Kubota are good but not as finished as a Deere kinda of like a Tahoe vs a Denali
Yes Deere has eco models and higher grade models
Ive always owned Deere have had good ones and one that gave a few fits, maintenance and storage played a key part
My Deere dealer now try’s to bully but if you stand your ground they back down. Any problem I have ever had I always ask first is this still under warranty? And what’s my cost going to be before I even get it looked at. They can give you a close estimate if you give them a detailed report of what it is doing. If the op keeps throwing the same code I’d be all over the service manager in person asking how incompetent help he has if I keep getting the same problems over and over. Also if yours is out of warranty any dealer coming to you is going to charge a base service fee just to come out, do you have a way to haul to dealer? Could save a bunch of money one just that.
Cat sprayer and spreader dealers got outrageous around here several years back, managers always fought at service desk on pricing especially warranty work and many went other colors next purchase run but cat still arrogant

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We've had a Kubota L3130 FWD since about 2004, sneakin' up on 2K hours now. Only major problems have been with the front axle assembly. Been rebuilt twice (seals/bearing) in the past eight years. I attribute much of that to dumbasses not taking it out of FWD when running it on pavement. Only time it ever croaked on me, was when a plastic interlock switch on the shift linkage broke a few years ago. Loader gets used hard, 8' power angle plow and other attachments for on the skid steer quick detach.

Also have a pair of JD455 diesel mower tractors, both from the late 90s. Over 2,400 hours on each. Been good machines and mowin' sonsabitches. Steel cab and snow blower for one, still works fine. If there was a better diesel mower tractor made, I don't know of it?

Latest addition is a JD 1023E that replaced the worst POS Kubota has ever made: GR2100 diesel AWD mower tractor. Great little machine for getting in and out of tough spots, while it lasted Turned into a friggin' money pit at eight years and almost 900 hours. Blown head gasket; new starter and water pump, same summer; Aluminum PTO gear box on mower deck went tits up and cost over a thou to replace. Then the power steering cylinder mounts broke off. Put in on Marketplace and away it went.

About the time I sold the GR and bought the 1023E, we got a new Kubota 75HP track loader. Kubota dealer was pissed that I got the JD, intead of another Kubota subcompact mower. Tough chitski. Two years and almost 500 hours, the 1023E is going strong.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by hanco

What a piece of junk. I'll come get it and relieve you of that headache for a small fee. smile

F
fburgtx Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by IA_fog
You can all point fingers at ANY color or you can worship any color, just like Ford Chevy dodge
I personally wouldn’t own a Kubota, dealership here sucks and good ole boy club to boot. Kubota are good but not as finished as a Deere kinda of like a Tahoe vs a Denali
Yes Deere has eco models and higher grade models
Ive always owned Deere have had good ones and one that gave a few fits, maintenance and storage played a key part
My Deere dealer now try’s to bully but if you stand your ground they back down. Any problem I have ever had I always ask first is this still under warranty? And what’s my cost going to be before I even get it looked at. They can give you a close estimate if you give them a detailed report of what it is doing. If the op keeps throwing the same code I’d be all over the service manager in person asking how incompetent help he has if I keep getting the same problems over and over. Also if yours is out of warranty any dealer coming to you is going to charge a base service fee just to come out, do you have a way to haul to dealer? Could save a bunch of money one just that.
Cat sprayer and spreader dealers got outrageous around here several years back, managers always fought at service desk on pricing especially warranty work and many went other colors next purchase run but cat still arrogant

I pretty much agree with what you said. I’m not getting into an “orange vs. green”, argument, as much as I’m getting into a “greedy Deere dealer vs. reasonable Kubota dealer” argument.

I’m not gonna hang on to the Deere if it means I gotta risk dealing with these greedy basturds, anymore.

Called the Kubota dealer this am. Gonna do the trade for the M5-091. Getting some rear weights, an extra rear remote, and a buddy seat.

The REAL problem is Deere letting “local” dealers buy up multiple dealerships, to the point that they become “regional” dealers, with no competition for HUNDREDS of miles. They are, essentially, a regional MONOPOLY at that point. That’s not good for other guys who’d like to be dealers, and it’s CERTAINLY not good for customers....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Get'ya one of these and work on it yourself. Screw all that computer schit!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I don't even need a tractor and I want it!

LOL
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Get'ya one of these and work on it yourself. Screw all that computer schit!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I don't even need a tractor and I want it!

I LOVE when someone is running an old Oliver at the antique tractor pulls (when equipped with the old “Screamin’ Jimmy” Detroit Diesel). They sound like they’re on the verge of blowing into a thousand pieces. Nothing like the sound of a revved up Detroit Diesel.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the biggest factor in determining what brand equipment to buy is the dealer. Dealer support is crucial. Government regulations require equipment to meet certain environmental and safety standards. All these regulations add to the purchase cost as well as maintenance cost. In a lot of cases it makes the equipment more prone to breakdowns and consequently less dependable.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I had a Korean tractor made by Kubota that was very good, lost it to a hurricane flood, replaced it with a used Century - which is another North Korean offering, this one with a Yammar diesel - and it has been a real workhorse. 4wd, with front loader bucket, and I use the mower and other equipment I had for my flooded tractor with it. GREAT woods tractor, does about anything I want it to.

I'd buy another Century - or a Kubota - without a second thought!

Mike Holmes

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I bought a Kubota M7060HD12 ROPS 3 years ago. It only has 114 hours on it. The warranty had just expired from a time perspective and it had 90 hours on it. It was then that I noticed a leaking boom hydraulic cylinder. The Kubota rep said it came from the factory that way as there was no wear on the tractor. Kubota refused to replace it and instead opted for a rebuild by just replacing the ram. I was still charged $375 for labor and it still leaks. I too have had it stuck to me by the dealer. At the 50 hour mark, I told them to change engine oil per the manual. They changed ALL fluids and tried to stick me with a $1200 bill. Kutoba are good tractors but the dealership makes or breaks the relationship with the tractor.

On the subject of John Deere, my father-in-law purchased a new JD 4052M at the same time I bought the Kubota. They quality was not there and the loader bucket is thin. To add, they don't even include 1 hydraulic remote on a 52HP tractor. That's cheap!

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Just a follow up. Hello, Kubota!

[Linked Image]

Bye, bye......Deere....

[Linked Image]

Yes, the resale/trade-in on the Deere was great. With that said, the Kubota dealer was VERY easy to work with, and I won’t have to deal with the Deere dealer, again!!!

Have a gal at work whose husband happens to work as a salesman for the local Deere dealer. (Same “chain”, different location). VERY enlightening to hear how Deere salesmen/folks feel about the “little people” (folks who are buying lawn/garden and utility tractors, NOT $250k pieces of equipment). Here’s a hint... they really don’t give a ****. You’re “small potatoes”, unless you’re in a market where they sell LOTS of those....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Kubota.......the Toyota of tractors........

but the green isn't even worn off the bucket !

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by tikkanut

That Deere she’s standing next to was probably made in India...😜

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by fburgtx

That Deere she’s standing next to was probably made in India...😜

what Deere ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'll take orange over green these days. The green is a lot of overpriced hype.

Last edited by reivertom; 10/07/21.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I had to go back and make sure there was actually a tractor behind hee in that picture!

The original Frito Bandito!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by viking
My does a basic tractor have to have all the computerized bullchit anyway.

The government standards are part of the problem.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

She's hawt but damn can't you come up with some new pics?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,821
Posts18,477,860
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.