Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
fburgtx Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Bought a new Deere 5085E back in 2015. It’s been an ok tractor. No serious complaints. Looked at a comparable Kubota, at the time, but went with the Deere mainly due to the fact that dealer was only 15-20 minutes up the road (vs. 2 hours for the Kubota dealer from my ranch).

I’ve had the Deere dealer out at least 3 times (small piddly stuff), and each time they have stuck me for $1000 plus.

The most recent was due to the tractor throwing codes. Had ‘em come out, hook up their laptop, and they said it MIGHT be due to a loose wire at the firewall (that THEY had fixed previously due to rodent damage). They cleared the codes, and seemed to think everything was ok. They left. Ended up using the tractor 2 days later, and danged if it wasn’t throwing codes, again, within 10 minutes.

They came back out, and found that a crimp on butt-connector on one of those wires they had previously “fixed” had come loose, so they soldered it. They charged over $1000 to solder ONE WIRE.

This dealer owns over 20 locations in the Texas/Oklahoma Panhandles, so there is no way to get your tractor serviced in a 200 mile radius, without going through them.

Needless to say, I’ve HAD it! I’ve already got a deal worked out to trade it in on a Kubota M5-091.

Anyone else had a tractor DEALER that was such a ripoff joint, that you finally got fed up, and went with another brand??? I’m not talking about “bad product”, I’m talking about the SERVICE on that product being SO bad, that you just finally decided you’d HAD IT....

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kubota dealer two hours away but…you probably won’t need them much.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Get'ya one of these and work on it yourself. Screw all that computer schit!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by High_Noon; 09/16/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

You’ll thank the Deere dealer later! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Dad bought a Kubota in 1977. Almost an unknown brand back then. I sold it in '04 when divorce forced the sale of the property. Other than normal maintenance and an ignition switch gone bad, it was trouble free.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's ridiculous. I bought a 2009 5105M with 700 hrs on it a couple months ago. It's pre-emissions and was being sold by a neighbor to the farm where I grew up, so I jumped on it. I hope my dealer is more reasonable. I got rid of a nearly new Cat Telehandler because of the Cat IT bullshït. I can't stand being dependent on someone for service. I won't be.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by fburgtx

Anyone else had a tractor DEALER that was such a ripoff joint, that you finally got fed up, and went with another brand??? I’m not talking about “bad product”, I’m talking about the SERVICE on that product being SO bad, that you just finally decided you’d HAD IT....

John Deere is getting out of hand, your story has become common. Dealer calls seem to start at $1000+. O2 sensors on their newer combines get moisture on them when shut off at night. When started in the morning and the sensor doesn't initially work correctly, the computer shuts off the engine and "bricks", not allowing it to be restarted. The factory could easily clear the code via satellite, but that job is reserved for the dealer, which runs a $1000+.

Problem is other manufacturers probably are not far behind and ALL trucks/equipment will have some level of electronics these days, all of it proprietary, and practically all of the sensors and electronics coming from China, with the emissions technology EPA mandated.

If states would pass "right to repair" laws it would go a long ways towards stopping this BS.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
My dad bought a very nice JD lawn mower 3 or 4 years before he passed. Paid dealer to pick it up and service it each year. Had dealer pick it up three times the year before he passed. Kawasaki opposed motor dropping push rods on shut down. Charged him for pick up. Charged him for repairs. Charged him for drop off. Three times. More than $2k on a $7k lawn mower. After he passed, I found out that it was a known issue. Should have all been warranty work. But, he didn’t ask. They didn’t tell. Just kept sending him invoices.

Sold it as soon as I found the info on the motor. Nothing “Greene” on the farm in the past 15 years.

Closest dealer to me right now is a MF (Agco?) dealer. About 10 minutes away. However, if spending money on a new tractor, would probably go with a Kubota. Even though they are 90 minutes cross country. As noted above, far fewer “needs” for the dealer after the sale.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I use a Kubota tractor at work, it is extremely comfortable and reliable...pretty much bullet and idiot proof.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Only somewhat related here in that it's another JD loss to Kubota. The JD dealer in Gulfport MS has a large billboard kinda right in the middle of their lot. For the longest time they leased that billboard. Their manager decided one day that it was a waste of money since the sea of green surrounding it was eye catching enough. So down came the billboard. Quite to the surprise of the dealer, up went a Lee Tractor (Kubota) billboard almost immediately. Ooops, they hadn't thought about that scenario.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Only somewhat related here in that it's another JD loss to Kubota. The JD dealer in Gulfport MS has a large billboard kinda right in the middle of their lot. For the longest time they leased that billboard. Their manager decided one day that it was a waste of money since the sea of green surrounding it was eye catching enough. So down came the billboard. Quite to the surprise of the dealer, up went a Lee Tractor (Kubota) billboard almost immediately. Ooops, they hadn't thought about that scenario.

That's funny.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston
I can't stand being dependent on someone for service. I won't be.

Whenever dependency and money involve a dealer someone is getting screwed and it ain't gonna be the dealer.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
What you say about a single dealer owning all the dealerships in a huge area is the case in many places.

When I bought my 100hp Case, I did so from a dealer like that. They own all Case dealerships withing over 100 miles.

Ended up that I had a defective front end bolt assembly which, when it fails, pretty much causes the front wheel to disconnect and fall off, or catch on fire due to the front end being filled with gear oil when it's causing friction when failing. I experienced both type failures. Second time, the front end caught on fire. eek (Luckily, I always carry a fire extinguisher mounted on my tractors)

It was just out of the main part of the factory warranty, but CNH had a Service Bulletin out on the issue.

I went to the dealer and requested they get the factory rep involved, and fix the problem. The dyke service manager said, no... Out of warranty is out of warranty. OK.

Had the problem fixed and documented at the New Holland dealer, and sued CNH North America.... And won.

I wouldn't piss on that dealer who turned their back on me, if they were on fire. mad

That tractor has the bugs worked out of it, and is a good tractor now. But the dealer makes all the difference.

Glad you got the trade made, and I hope you have many good days on the new one!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Not the same but I bought a JD 300X lawn tractor from a dealer, $3K. After 2 1/2 years the trans went, out of warranty, biggest piece of chit I ever bought, never again!

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
My does a basic tractor have to have all the computerized bullchit anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
My does a basic tractor have to have all the computerized bullchit anyway.

Because the farmers that grow our food are killing us with their dirty tractors.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i'm going to be buying a ~25hp compact next year or so and taking a good hard look at mahindra. its between that and kubota. not a farmer so it will be used for relatively light duty stuff.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
i'm going to be buying a ~25hp compact next year or so and taking a good hard look at mahindra. its between that and kubota. not a farmer so it will be used for relatively light duty stuff.

Mahindra makes a good tractor. Probably as good as any other. Mine has been pretty good, but it only has 55 hours on it. I have had it in for some leaky hydraulics and bleed down issues. My dealer has been good. Parts availability has always been hit or miss, but with COVID it is BAD. People still waiting after 4-5 months for wheel bearings and other parts that should be easily sourced. Lots of folks don't Facebook, but brand specific Facebook groups can be a gold mine of info. Tractorbynet is a good forum for info.

This thread may be a worthwhile read. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...o-it-and-why-do-we-pt-up-with-it.441036/

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've had 2-3 minor issues with my compact Kioti over the 12 or so years I've owned.
The dealer has come and fixed it every time.
No charge for the service, just any parts needed.
I researched the parts and there wasn't any extra mark-up as far as I could tell.
The dealer being 10 minutes away was the main reason I bought Kioti even though I drive by a Green dealer to get there.
Initially wanted the 'other' Orange but they were 30 miles away and total A-holes when I contacted them.

FJB & FJT
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by fburgtx

Not a tractor dealer, but, I've been provided a couple of Chevy's from different employers for work cars. The local Chevy dealer's service dept. is absolutely awful such that I wouldn't own a Chevy anything on my own dime. For reference, between personal and other company provided vehicles I've also had Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Subaru, Nissan, Toyota, and Jeep with reasonably good service from all the rest.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,821
Posts18,477,839
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.