Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So I finally found a pristine 1894 JM Marlin 20" Octagon in .45 Colt on gunjoker.com. I've been looking for one for quite a while and this one was a peach. Danged thing sold for $1,325.00 and I've seen them sell for substantially more. I was prepared to spend up to about $900.00 - maybe even $950.00, which is more than it's worth. Prices are still outrageous and I was sorely disappointed.

I wonder how much longer this madness will continue... Probably until we get another Conservative into orifice and things calm down, which may be never. F'n commies.

Last edited by High_Noon; 10/09/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd love to have one.
But there isn't $1k of use in one for me.
Kinda the curse of acquiring a bunch of rifles.
It gets hard to talk oneself into buying more.
Just no need.

Ruger might start making them, but I'm thinking only if they
bring $800+. Same with 336 platforms.

And I have doubts that Ruger will make anything better than
The Remilins.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang I mis-read your title and thought you had found a 1894 Martin guitar. Bummer on the cool Marlin. Maybe next time. I've also noticed GB prices are going up faster than I can fathom.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Don 't understand I only paid 400 for my 357 and 450 for my 44 both pre cross bolt. You guys out east and down soouth.like to get bent over?

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Try to find one now for $500.00. Impossible. I should have purchased one when Trump was in orifice.

I wouldn't buy a Ruger Marlin - or a Remlin. JM all the way, and the older, the better.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a few JM's in my stable, with a couple more on my want list - but not at these fuggin' prices.

Hope 2024 brings us some sanity to the market again.

(And lower gas prices, stability, world peace, yaddah yaddah.)

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
I have a few JM's in my stable, with a couple more on my want list - but not at these fuggin' prices.

Hope 2024 brings us some sanity to the market again.

(And lower gas prices, stability, world peace, yaddah yaddah.)

Me too. Unfortunately, I am very pessimistic about our future here in Marxist Amerika.

- Del Gue
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's going to be hard to bring down the prices. People buying these guns for high dollar won't be selling them anytime soon for less than they paid for them, AND people who bought them for low dollar a few years ago will feel cheated if they can't get current prices if they decide to sell, SO it's just hard for me to see any downturn on the prices. Especially classics and solidly made guns like the pre 64 Winchester's, JM stamped Marlins, etc....

What's the old saying "the worth of something is exactly what you can get someone else to pay for it."
People didn't give a hoot about what they spent their stimulus checks on, as long as they could spend it. I sold a camper to a meth head guy last January for $2200 and 2 months later he sold it for $600 and was happy as a dickens to "make" $600 not caring in the least that he paid $2200 for it initially BECAUSE it was free money. Free money has less value I guess. I don't know, I didn't qualify for any of the stimulus money.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
People are morons. I can't wait to move out to the sticks to get away from all the morons.

- Del Gue
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Made the move 10 years ago. Nearest neighbor ½mile away and that's still to damned close 😎

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Every rifle marked JM has been selling high for years now.

I have found that ones not so marked shoot well too.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MPat70
It's going to be hard to bring down the prices. People buying these guns for high dollar won't be selling them anytime soon for less than they paid for them, AND people who bought them for low dollar a few years ago will feel cheated if they can't get current prices if they decide to sell, SO it's just hard for me to see any downturn on the prices. Especially classics and solidly made guns like the pre 64 Winchester's, JM stamped Marlins, etc....

What's the old saying "the worth of something is exactly what you can get someone else to pay for it."
People didn't give a hoot about what they spent their stimulus checks on, as long as they could spend it. I sold a camper to a meth head guy last January for $2200 and 2 months later he sold it for $600 and was happy as a dickens to "make" $600 not caring in the least that he paid $2200 for it initially BECAUSE it was free money. Free money has less value I guess. I don't know, I didn't qualify for any of the stimulus money.

Bear market or bull, or EOTWAWKi, I avoid doing business with Meth Heads. Just me; sample of one.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Generally a good idea to avoid tweakers.

- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It ain't about Trump or Biden. Its about the Remington debacle. Remlins were so inferior that JM's became gold. The only thing that can pop that bubble is if Ruger restores quality to Marlin. And the jury is still out on that

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by High_Noon
. . . I can't wait to move out to the sticks to get away from all the morons.

Sincere question

Where exactly can you go in 2021 to get away
from criminals and idiots?

The only solution I can see is to buy a section
and put a house in the middle of it, if that's
even enough

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by MPat70
. . .. Nearest neighbor ½mile away and that's still to damned close 😎

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Last edited by Ranger99; 10/09/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
$1200-$1300 seems to be the going rate for JM stamped 1894’s. I don’t see prices coming down for the same reasons mentioned. Somebody looking for a rifle like that is probably more into guns than an average bubba and it isn’t a need gun. Current buyer aren’t going buy them and then sell it at a loss a couple of years down the road. That and inflation are going to keep the prices up unless Ruger can make an as good better Marlin than Marlin did and sells it for several hundred under today’s going rates for JM stamped models.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ranger99
. . . I can't wait to move out to the sticks to get away from all the morons.

Sincere question

Where exactly can you go in 2021 to get away
from criminals and idiots?

The only solution I can see is to buy a section
and put a house in the middle of it, if that's
even enough

Yep. That's exactly my plan. Meebe one day. In TX, of course.

- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
$1200-$1300 seems to be the going rate for JM stamped 1894’s. I don’t see prices coming down for the same reasons mentioned. Somebody looking for a rifle like that is probably more into guns than an average bubba and it isn’t a need gun. Current buyer aren’t going buy them and then sell it at a loss a couple of years down the road. That and inflation are going to keep the prices up unless Ruger can make an as good better Marlin than Marlin did and sells it for several hundred under today’s going rates for JM stamped models.

I have my doubts Ruger will be able to pull that off. & yes, you are correct it is a want rather than a need, but I sure do want one.

- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

I have my doubts Ruger will be able to that off. & yes, you are correct it is a want rather than a need, but I sure do want one.

You and me both. It’s not at the top of my list but it’s on the running mental list of rifles that I want to own and will eventually get to.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,477
Posts18,529,614
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.