Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Around here these things were the hot ticket about 5 years ago, we installed 4 or 5. Slow fill, slow drain, hot water capacity were all issues. Think some of the new ones may have a drain pump, which would just be another maintenance issue do deal with.
I'm mid sixties, wife and I are planning a bath remodel, trying to think ahead. Large walk-in shower, with room for a chair, overhead (rainforest) shower head with a wand on the wall. Keep it simple.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by srwshooter
dont buy one of those POS tubs.

+1

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Besides, never wash your face in the same water you have your ass in.

You do that in any bathtub, Jacuzzi, or swimming pool, not just in a walk-in tub.

Properly maintained Jacuzzis and swimming pools have a chloride level between 1.0 and 3.0 parts per million, bathtubs don't.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Beaglemaster
Around here these things were the hot ticket about 5 years ago, we installed 4 or 5. Slow fill, slow drain, hot water capacity were all issues. Think some of the new ones may have a drain pump, which would just be another maintenance issue do deal with.
I'm mid sixties, wife and I are planning a bath remodel, trying to think ahead. Large walk-in shower, with room for a chair, overhead (rainforest) shower head with a wand on the wall. Keep it simple.

That's our plan as I mentioned earlier in the thread
I want to move the shower, put it where 'her' jacuzzi tub currently resides......that's an issue currently.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Installed one for my in-laws a while back, not for the average DIY guy. I picked one with a pump that speeds up the draining and a heat pump to keep the water warm. They use a lot less water than a regular tub.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Walkin in shower with a seat??

That's the route I'm taking. Got it framed and walled, need to get busy on the tile.

Build seat out of brick and mortar, tile over the brick.

I don’t recommend this. A house gets tired of holding up the additional weight over time and the floor joists sag cracking the water proofing. A better method is a Schluter bench or several other pre made shower benches. Houses built in the 50’s-70’s are particularly susceptible as longer floor joist spans were common. In fact we abandoned the old mud beds and backer boards completely and only use the Schluter system. Other companies have now competing products.

GreggH

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Our floor joists are on 12” centers in the walk-in shower. Also have a couple of screw jacks under neath too on pier pads. But it was laid out as such. Not a rehab or after build decision.

3 tiled benches, concrete block and mortar.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
What Hanco said:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreggH
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Walkin in shower with a seat??

That's the route I'm taking. Got it framed and walled, need to get busy on the tile.

Build seat out of brick and mortar, tile over the brick.

I don’t recommend this. A house gets tired of holding up the additional weight over time and the floor joists sag cracking the water proofing. A better method is a Schluter bench or several other pre made shower benches. Houses built in the 50’s-70’s are particularly susceptible as longer floor joist spans were common. In fact we abandoned the old mud beds and backer boards completely and only use the Schluter system. Other companies have now competing products.

GreggH

I'm told that starting in the 60's, the water bed fad cracked a lot of floor joists.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 48 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,152
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.