Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Rawlins, WY) – Tampa, Florida resident James Estes was arrested on Friday afternoon for charges related to the theft of the police vehicle, fleeing, eluding and possession of a controlled substance. He also has a warrant for probation violation out of Placer County, California.

Just before 5 pm on October 8th, a Rawlins Police Department officer attempted to stop Estes who was riding a motorcycle for no visible registration, according to their press release. He did not pull over which initiated a pursuit that included the Wyoming Highway Patrol. Estes abandoned the motorcycle on I-80 and took off on foot.
Advertisement

“After a brief foot pursuit, the suspect was taken into custody, placed in handcuffs and secured in the rear prisoner area of the Rawlins Police Department’s patrol car,” according to the press release. “The suspect was able to slide his handcuffed arms to the front of his body, crawl through the center partition of the back cage, and stole the Rawlins Police Department’s patrol vehicle.”

“Wyoming Highway Patrol and a Rawlins Police Officer pursued the vehicle westbound on I-80. The pursuit continued through Sweetwater County to mile marker 119 where the suspect lost control of the vehicle in the center median, exited the police vehicle and fled on foot. After a brief foot pursuit, the suspect who was still in handcuffs, was taken into custody.”

No one was injured in this incident and the suspect now faces charges in both Sweetwater and Carbon counties.

If you guys in Kali are thinking of moving to Wyoming, you might check out Rawlins. Mighty nice area. whistle

Last edited by jnyork; 10/12/21.

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rawlins, what sheithole!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Losing a police unit is pretty bad, thankfully, no one was killed or seriously injured......only some damaged egos/reputations! 😁

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've hunted antelope around Rawlins. Great place for Californians to consider...all sorts of diversity and inclusion and some of the finest food the world has to offer.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Esox357
Rawlins, what sheithole!

Originally Posted by Remsen
I've hunted antelope around Rawlins. Great place for Californians to consider...all sorts of diversity and inclusion and some of the finest food the world has to offer.

Sinclair Refinery and a Prison. Perfect...

Winter there has to be the SUCK

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
IC B2

jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Yes, to say nothing of the miriad of cultural activities and opportunities for enrichment.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Got petrol and an Ice Cream sandwich in Rawlins couple years back moving daughter cross country.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It's a little sparse there, but my in laws like the bar there when they're around hunting critters. My wifes Uncle said he was about to trade T shirts one night of drinking at the bar with a gal who claimed to own elk mountain

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Was just in Rawlins, couldn't find a place to eat...had to settle for McDonald's

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
California just keep on moving ... Nebraska is nice...

Molon Labe
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
California just keep on moving ... Nebraska is nice...

they ought to build a wall around California, to keep all of their people IN.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Was just in Rawlins, couldn't find a place to eat...had to settle for McDonald's

Not even Bucks Bar & Grill and their humongous (in size, if not quantity) menu? They actually have a pretty good burger.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Does Roscoe p Coltrane still slam on brakes when they hit the county line?

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Last speeding ticket I received, probably close to 20 years ago now, was leaving Rawlins, WY. Only reason I remember the place. Genuine Barney Fife clone, hand on pistol the whole time even though I pulled over, rolled down all windows on the Tahoe, shut off the engine, wife and daughter in the backseat, wife was doing needle point, daughter still in a car seat!
After sliding up to my window “SWAT style” and getting my license, registration, and insurance info, sat in his car for 20 minutes. Finally came back, lectured me on being 7 miles over the limit in a “residential area” (believe there was a trailer park within view) on a Sunday morning when families could be out enjoying themselves, and presented the ticket.
I played the “yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir” game until he asked me to identify the young girl in my back seat. My answer of “it’s our daughter, who the hell do you think it is?” was not particularly well received. He asked if I had any other questions or comments, better judgement prevailed, and I left it with, “absolutely nothing that would be helpful at this time.”

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

Not even Bucks Bar & Grill and their humongous (in size, if not quantity) menu? They actually have a pretty good burger.

A few years back we had a rugged days drive from Hot Springs, SD to Rawlins in a windy snow storm. A Comfort Inn came into sight through the blizzard and we got the last available room which was a jacuzzi suite.

After a luxurious soak we ordered chinks from the only place in town w/ delivery that night. We hit the jackpot and were blessed w/ the best delivery food, outside of Las Vegas, ever attained by weary travelers. Rawlins is somewhat lacking in charm but does serve a purpose as a base for good Pronghorn and Mule Deer hunting and a port in a storm.

Roadtripping in Wyoming is always an adventure and gems are available to the curious and lucky traveler.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Back in 1980 I was working on the Bolton ranch south of Rawlins, running 2500 head of yearlings. Me and the mexican was out doctoring steers and managed to kill one. I field dressed it while the mexican rode back to get the truck and trailer. We yanked the carcass in the trailer and headed for town. The guy that owned the pepsi warehouse had a walk-in cooler and butcher shop in the back. We skinned and quartered the steer and got him on hooks, and then went to grab something to eat. There was a great German restaurant that had killer steaks, too. Walked in all bloody to the shoulders and headed to the restroom to wash up. I guess the owner thought we was serial killers or something and called the cops. About the time they took our order, the cops had us surrounded with guns drawn. A few more were in the parking lot going thru the truck/trailer without a warrant. After they got the scoop, they sent a guy over to the pepsi distributor and found out we wasn't bloodthirsty axe murderers or something, and our story checked out. They never even bothered to call the brand inspector, once the pepsi guy showed them the meat and hide. The cops that drew their guns ended up eating with us and were good guys.... There used to be a drugstore in Rawlins with a good gunshop in the basement. Bought several there.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I worked out of Rawlings in '83 and then again in '84. My favorite place to eat was a mexican cafe in a single wide mobile home on the main drag. Was only open for breakfast and lunch so only was able to get there on bad weather days when work was canceled. Huevos Rancheros was it for me. Was kicked out of a motel (Buckaroo?) because I left a bag of rattlers for the maid to pick up. Was an accident and of course they were dead. Meant to skin them that night but the beer must have distracted me. Oh well. Those were the days.

God Bless America
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have an old kerosene lamp that hung in the foyer of the Rawlins whorehouse back in the day......

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Also roped my first wild horse on Miller Hill that summer. It was exciting to me......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Other than the Blackfoot tribe in Browning MT, the only place I have ever been concerned about being raped was in Rawlins.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (1badf350, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,224
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.