-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kidney stones don't sound like such a big deal until you try and pass one.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
chlinstructor ,

Glad you shot it out .

Al Swearengen in Deadwood had a rough time of it , smile .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Springcove
Make sure they analyze the stone when it comes out. Some can be treated with meds the most common kidney stones cannot be treated. I quit drinking soda and milk for nearly 3 years because they said it would help. It didn’t. Had the biggest one I have ever had two years ago that required laser surgery… That was way below average…

My ex-wife would get them...She had one that wouldn’t pass. Doc dunked her in a tank and hit her with a laser or ultrasound, don’t remember which. After the procedure, she said it felt like she’d been beaten with a bat in her kidneys.

Knock on my very hard wood...I’ve never had one.

🦫

You done got that boat finished yet?

He’s still waiting on those dick stencils.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Kidney stones don't sound like such a big deal until you try and pass one.

Imagine a miniature quartz crystal with hundreds of points that are razor sharp passing through your Johnson on the way out. Your ureter between your kidney and your bladder is 2 to 3 mm wide. My last stone was 13mm 😳 and it got stuck!!! There isn’t an over-the-counter pain medicine that can even touch it. Do you need Demerol or morphine.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I am sitting here with a 6.5mm stone stuck between kidney and bladder. Had a stent installed to drain the kidney. Then had five days of iv antibiotics in the hospitol to take care of the infection which also spread to my blood stream. Have the stone removed next week. Fun times. The OR nurse with the manbun made the the stent insertion even more memorable. Once I feel better I will need to does some serious memory repression via bourbon.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by mike7mm08
I am sitting here with a 6.5mm stone stuck between kidney and bladder. Had a stent installed to drain the kidney. Then had five days of iv antibiotics in the hospitol to take care of the infection which also spread to my blood stream. Have the stone removed next week. Fun times. The OR nurse with the manbun made the the stent insertion even more memorable. Once I feel better I will need to does some serious memory repression via bourbon.

Are they doing lithotripsy or lazer?

Last edited by Springcove; 10/13/21.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Only an azzhole that has never had one would belittle or make fun of someone afflicted with one of the little beasts.

Sorry you're going through this and hope the worst of it is behind you!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Why, yes I did...I finished it today.

🦫

I just looked. eek eek

laugh

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Hook
Only an azzhole that has never had one would belittle or make fun of someone afflicted with one of the little beasts.

They only talk like that because they have never had one.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Lazer and then removal of the pieces. So at least I won't have the fun of passing anything through the lower plumbing.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

peed red one evening for no apparent reason. No pain as I recall. Went in to ER, they couldn't figure it out either. Maybe I got a small one out. Always concerned as I had 1/3 of the left kidney removed a few years back for the Big C.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Lazer and then removal of the pieces. So at least I won't have the fun of passing anything through the lower plumbing.

That’s what my last one was. Much less painful than the lithotripsy. Good luck.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad

peed red one evening for no apparent reason. No pain as I recall. Went in to ER, they couldn't figure it out either. Maybe I got a small one out. Always concerned as I had 1/3 of the left kidney removed a few years back for the Big C.

Damn Geno. A stone is the last thing you need.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, I can't even get a call back from the Ortho folks over in Redding so I can get shots or something for my achin' back.

In it is contentment

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Had some about 10 yrs ago,as mentioned ,,no walk in park for sure.
Had a few of em blasted out.
I believe mine was from Airborne,was working at an inner city schit hole job,and was drinking a couple of those a day.
Also hear sweet tea is a big culprit.
Haven't had another since,knock on wood

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Doc is figuring I had a reoccurring or chronic infection. Whatever bacteria it is creates a kidney environment prone to development of stones.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Glad you got it sorted out. I've still got one I'm working on that is 8mm X 13mm I believe it's stuck in the Uritor. The hospital doesn't want to let this surgery happen since it's not an emergency (in their mind) Not happy with them at all. I've had enough Kidney stone situations I don't travel without Hydrocodone. This one the pain started in my right testicle, felt like I'd sat on it, then as soon as it started moving through my kidney, I said stop everything, it's time for the emergency room. This has been going on since late may.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You don’t have to be old to get them. Had my first one at 32

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skinner
You don’t have to be old to get them. Had my first one at 32

Had mine at 37.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are special events that I try to block out of my memory. Have had 2 episodes with them. Not desiring a third.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 8 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,515
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.