Campfire Member
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
SMITH & WESSON SAFETY HAMMERLESS COLLECTION, .32 S&W
Four Safety Hammerless revolvers, called the New Departure as the mechanism was unlike anything available at the time. This revolver cannot be fired without pulling the trigger. The long double action pull, grip safety and lack of single action mode make these the safest revolver ever manufactured. Also colloquially called “lemon squeezer” because firing the gun was like squeezing a lemon.
All three Models of the .32 caliber are represented in this collection. The nickel gun is a 1st Model with the latch mechanism activated by pushing down with the thumb while the barrel is tipped down. This revolver is in very fine condition with a 3 ½” barrel. The very fine 2nd Model has the locking latch activated by lifting up with thumb and forefinger while tilting the barrel. This gun is blued with a 3 ½” barrel and some forge stress marks on the sideplate. Both the 1sts and 2nd Models have pinned front sight blades.
The 3rd Model gun is also blued with a 3” barrel. It has the front sight forged as one piece with the top rib. This gun shown some high edge wear but is also very high condition. Safety Hammerless guns are most often found nickel plated making these blued guns more desirable.
The “rare treat” of the collection is the 2” barreled “bicycle gun”. These are extremely scarce and very rarely come up for sale. This is also a blued 2nd Model with a pinned front sight blade. It can be verified by the Smith & Wesson address on the side, rather than top of the barrel. I have a factory letter verifying the barrel length and configuration (these letters now cost $100 when you can get them).
I would like to sell all four as a collection. This could be very attractive to someone wanting to fill in an existing Safety collection or the start of a very interesting 32 LEMON SQUEEZER collection. I’ve owned all of these for decades and it is time for someone else to enjoy them as much as I have. All four revolvers are high condition, have excellent function, lock-up tightly and function and fire when the trigger is pulled. Sold separately I value them at $375 for each the three long barreled guns an $800 for the bicycle Each $25 shipped total $2025.
Sell all four $1800 including ship and insured.

FFL ship Priority Mail. These need to be sent from my FFL to your FFL. All eligible for C&R purchase with UPS shipping. I have some .32 S&W ammo for a separate sale.
Please contact Steven Dodd Hughes by PM or sdhmontana.net. Serious inquiry 406-222-9377

SDH

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Ugly little things.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
S
SDH Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I personally think they are as close to a "Swiss Watch" as any gun made in America. With Sewing needle sized pins, tiny coil springs and numerous hand fitted interdependent parts, I find them quite lovely to look at and lots of fun to shoot!

Last edited by SDH; 10/13/21. Reason: pic

SDH

S
SDH Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Lets show these to some fresh eye~~ Offers entertained~

SDH

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sweet little collection. GLWS

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

S
SDH Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
It is a long shot here in plasticland, sniperville but once more entertaining offers for vintage blued steel~~

SDH

S
SDH Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Is anyone interested in individual revolvers?
I'd sell any of the three longer barreled guns for $325 each.

SDH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 61 invisible), 3,146 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,881
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.