Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by slumlord
Surprising to see all of the lisinopril

That was like first generation 2-bit blood pressure med. Doesn’t work all that great and gives patients a persistent wet cough.

Anyone I know that’s been on that is on something else now. Like the 1980s wants their meds back.

And HTCZ is garbage, that cheap chit made me black out. Another old class med. Must be a medicare thing.

Insurance companies love the generics.

And doctors write them to avoid the hassle.

It’s the easiest route.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Lisinopril-HCTZ 10-25 MG and Nifedipine 60 MG since 2009 without any issues.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Surprising to see all of the lisinopril

That was like first generation 2-bit blood pressure med. Doesn’t work all that great and gives patients a persistent wet cough. Anyone I know that’s been on that is on something else now. Like the 1980s wants their meds back.
And HTCZ is garbage, that cheap chit made me black out. Another old class med. Must be a medicare thing.

There are quite a few older medications that still work very well.I suppose you think aspirin isn't any good either although it is still the safes blood thinner person can take.Also a diuretic HTCZ) has been proven to help lower BP with little if any side effects, unless maybe you have BPH.

Originally Posted by joken2

Prescribed Lisinopril, though not for high blood pressure but as an aide to help avoid kidney damage, a common side affect of some other meds I'm taking. I do have the Lisinopril cough but I'm told that the cough and throat irritation is a fairly common side affect of pretty much all in that class of meds.

You might get your doc to let you try Benzonatate (Tesslon Perls) for the cough. They sure help .

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I pulled me a big azz pork steak outta the freezer for dinner tomorrow !!!

LOL ! I’m gonna go visit Bob and eat the good stuff ! 🤠

C’mon down!

Thanks Bob !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My cardiologist told me recent studies have shown lisinopril has actually restored thickened heart muscle. Will find out next month if that is true for me.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
When your only tool is a prescription pad, all your carb eating patients need medicine.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 45_100
My cardiologist told me recent studies have shown lisinopril has actually restored thickened heart muscle. Will find out next month if that is true for me.

It’s called reverse remodeling. ACE inhibitors like lisinopril do it, so do ARBs, beta blockers, and ARNI.

The data on everything but ARNI is pretty old. Generic manufacturers don’t tend to spend money on clinical trials.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Wabigoon,

I don't think that BP meds are what we.need as much as more water daily and less time around the trolls

😄

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by 45_100

It’s called reverse remodeling. ACE inhibitors like lisinopril do it, so do ARBs, beta blockers, and ARNI.

The data on everything but ARNI is pretty old. Generic manufacturers don’t tend to spend money on clinical trials.

Thanks for clarifying

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by 338Rules
Ldholton : Celebrex and asa are not a good combo

And ??

Talk with your pharmacist or BP about this :

asa has exaggerated side effects when combined with other ant-inflammatories like Celebrex , which is helping with your old injuries.

Why are you taking 81mg asa ? Do you have arrhythmia ? ( irregular heart beat )

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
IC B3

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,451 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.