Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
last week I went online and created an account with USPS, which allowed me to put in a stop mail notice without going to the post office.

that is the kind of features they should be implementing to improve the mail service. While online, they asked me if I wanted to participate in some kind of mail notification. I just glanced over it and I figured it was some notification to let me know when a package would arrive or give me tracking info.

it does that but it also does this

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

a scanned photograph of every piece of non junk mail that is being delivered to me? I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze on this

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sounds like a great idea

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Had this for years.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just received a letter with time sensitive documents inside from Pennsylvania. It was mailed on the 8th of Sept.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by readonly
Had this for years.

I was not aware this was available.

again, I'm struggling to see the value of it.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've been using it for 5-6 years maybe longer.......its great I don't get the mail every day and can see if its just "junk' and let it set in the box until there's something important to get....it was great last winter when the Mail was all screwed up.....

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Been using it for a while - it's helpful, but don't think that what's shown will always be in your mailbox that day -usually, but not always. Since our mailbox is out of the way, it let's us know whether we should pick it up that day or not.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KFWA
Had this for years.

I've had it for a year or so, there have been a couple of times I got the emailed image of something that should have been delivered but never showed up.

It seemed the counter guy at the post office was much more interested after I showed him the emailed image.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Might consider that, I rarely go to my mailbox, maybe once a month if that.
I'll assume there is a scan and archive of every piece of mail you receive regardless.

I'll wait and see if a down side to it gets posted here by actual users.

Thanks for the post.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
ANYTHING the guberment touches is fraught with massive inefficiency and waste.

The price tag on this will be absurd.

----------------------------------------------------

The gubernment approved exhaust system on a new diesel truck adds about $14,000 to the cost of the truck. (Don't believe me, call the parts guys at your local dealer and ask for a parts cost breakdown).

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Had this for years.

Sucks to be a DUNCE

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
yea I guess if I needed to argue with the guy at the post office about not receiving something, that would be valuable.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm struggling to see the value of it.

My wife signed up for it a few years ago and actually pays attention to the scans.

She will often inform me that something is on the way, but I’m with you in that I don’t care and find no value in advanced notice of it arriving. It is nice to know that a wildfire is headed our way but not a piece of mail.

I wonder how much storage USPS needs to retain a scan of every letter mailed to everyone since they implemented this?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Had it for a couple years and I find it valuable for our household. Definitely gives you some juice at the post office when something goes “missing”. That is going to be a bigger issue going forward from what I can see.

Last edited by jdunham; 10/14/21.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I remember seeing something about this a year or so ago. I didn't see any value at the time. I suppose if you were having problems with mail theft, it might be useful. I wish they would get their priority system back on track. It seems they changed it from two day to three day and it is still a crap shoot. I recently sent a letter to NY and paid the $8 for priority. It got there in seven days instead of three. I guess I should be grateful that it didn't get lost.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Had this for years.

I've had it for a year or so, there have been a couple of times I got the emailed image of something that should have been delivered but never showed up.

It seemed the counter guy at the post office was much more interested after I showed him the emailed image.

I've used it for that a few times too. I've used the online feature that lets you report that a piece of mail did not arrive. The missing mail always appeared the next day.

Its also handy if you are getting something that you don't want sitting in the mailbox unattended for very long.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
there are two edges on that one.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We were having problems with missing mail. This magically seemed to fix it. I get to check my mail every morning with my coffee and have grown to like it.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Why would anyone want the Post Office or any government agency, to have copy of communications you will be receiving and have it available on the internet...?

what possibly could go wrong....

sure are some trusting souls out there....

I'm not one of them....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
We have it. Being in a rural area, it is nice to know what mail is coming as we have had our mail stolen a time or two

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 40 invisible), 1,866 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,429
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.