Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The 3 multi-flight trips I've been on in the last 6 weeks have been near capacity or at capacity. Airports seem average busy. I haven't flown for 10 days now.

I'm about to gas up the truck and go on a multi-state hunting trip. So won't need an airplane again till after Thanksgiving.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by atomchaser
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
We're traveling in November and I don't give 2 [bleep] what TSA does, the less monkeys working the airport terminals the better for us.

If it takes an hour to get through security, you might feel differently. If you don't have TSA Precheck or Global Entry, you might think about it.

Global Entry has nothing to do with airport security. Precheck and Clear does.

Global Entry gets you Pre-check as part of the Global Entry package.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by atomchaser
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
We're traveling in November and I don't give 2 [bleep] what TSA does, the less monkeys working the airport terminals the better for us.

If it takes an hour to get through security, you might feel differently. If you don't have TSA Precheck or Global Entry, you might think about it.

Global Entry has nothing to do with airport security. Precheck and Clear does.

Global Entry gets you Pre-check as part of the Global Entry package.

Thank you for the correction. I've had Clear for several years now and didn't know that, even though I have GE.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

As for all the vax mandate bullschitt, I hope it grinds the whole country to a screeching halt & then maybe................BIG maybe, the half the country that is currently brain dead, might get a clue & join the other half in thinking some changes need to get made, real quick like.

But i won't hold my breath; but I will predict that the cheese is gonna get real binding for a lot of people & their way of life...............................very soon.

MM

I know you know this but I am convinced that the other half recognizes the need for changes… they’re just not the changes you and I think should be made, but by 180 degrees diametrically opposed…

Redskin Warren says “get mamas back to work!” by having Big Brother pay other mamas to care for those mamas kids so they can rejoin the rat race buyin stuff they don’t need with money they don’t have to impress people they don’t like…

We’re moving faster and faster to 1984 in our Brave New World….

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I don’t miss dealing with airlines, tsa, or the herds of cattle in the airports at all. It’s pretty much like being treated like stock.

My Doc is going away from Fee for Service... watched his Zoom presentation last night on his new "Concierge Service"

.Gov (healthcare for all) as well as the fees that he is allowed to be paid... had made him shorten office visits down to about 4-5 minutes... just so he could pay his staff and keep the office open.

His new "Concierge Service" will be an annual $1,500 ($2,500 for a couple). A hard $$$ pill to swallow, but I think we are going to move on it. The way politicians have fugged up health care... well the cattle and livestock quote above kinda convinced me.

Sorry for the digression... back to air travel now... and how politicians have deliberately fugged that up as well.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I don’t miss dealing with airlines, tsa, or the herds of cattle in the airports at all. It’s pretty much like being treated like stock.

My Doc is going away from Fee for Service... watched his Zoom presentation last night on his new "Concierge Service"

.Gov (healthcare for all) as well as the fees that he is allowed to be paid... had made him shorten office visits down to about 4-5 minutes... just so he could pay his staff and keep the office open.

His new "Concierge Service" will be an annual $1,500 ($2,500 for a couple). A hard $$$ pill to swallow, but I think we are going to move on it. The way politicians have fugged up health care... well the cattle and livestock quote above kinda convinced me.

Sorry for the digression... back to air travel now... and how politicians have deliberately fugged that up as well.

What does "Concierge Service" mean... 30 minute office visits (mininum), Executive physicals, CT scans/screenings (et al)... immediate same day appointments... 24/7/365 phone access... "Quarterbacking" any serious hospital visits... yada yada.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I flew around the planet for a living for a lot of years, I traded it in for a full time desk job in my home office. I don’t miss dealing with airlines, tsa, or the herds of cattle in the airports at all. It’s pretty much like being treated like stock.

It's even worse if you have to travel overseas..............some place not so bad, some places genuine 3rd world treatment.

As for all the vax mandate bullschitt, I hope it grinds the whole country to a screeching halt & then maybe................BIG maybe, the half the country that is currently brain dead, might get a clue & join the other half in thinking some changes need to get made, real quick like.

But i won't hold my breath; but I will predict that the cheese is gonna get real binding for a lot of people & their way of life...............................very soon.

MM

Liberal spoonfed Soccer Moms and preppie half males will never get it. They'll starve first.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

What does "Concierge Service" mean... 30 minute office visits (mininum), Executive physicals, CT scans/screenings (et al)... immediate same day appointments... 24/7/365 phone access... "Quarterbacking" any serious hospital visits... yada yada.

Are you still going to this fugking idiot?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'll have to roll the dice. Flying out 20 Oct to SD for pheasant, returning 25 Oct

You’ll need to bring your own ammo or have a “for sure” source locked up BEFORE you fly to SD.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Just passed through TSA and boarded the plane. No lines through security, one of the advantages of smaller airports

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
80% of TSA employees are black from my observations. blacks don't trust the white mans juju.

My diploma is a DD214
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Tanzania in late November or bust. Probably get apoplexy at TSA, kidnapped, C19, killed/die, and get eaten by cannibals. That's just if I survive all the shots.

Should be "fun".

My wife's idea, so blame her. smile

Last edited by las; 10/15/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It’s not that big a deal, I go when I want to and deal with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Went to Alaska summer 2020 with the fam. Biggest PItA was getting Covid tests for the kids. Both airports and the plane were about empty and easy.

Feb 2021 went through Charlotte. Fugking mad house. Never seen a busier airport. SeaTac was packed as well.

May 2021 went to Vallarta. Not horrible.

This TG headed to Colorado. Fully expect a chitshow.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Iam glad I don’t have all these problems flying. I connect through Atlanta or Detroit once maybe twice a month.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
took a buddy to DIA on the 3rd to fly to Anchorage on United. He had no issues going. Picked him up today on his return and again, had no issues. Thankfully he missed the [bleep] show Delta has going on.

By the way, he killed a 10'8" giant.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by TRnCO
took a buddy to DIA on the 3rd to fly to Anchorage on United. He had no issues going. Picked him up today on his return and again, had no issues. Thankfully he missed the [bleep] show Delta has going on.

What [bleep] show does delta have going on??

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by TRnCO

What [bleep] show does delta have going on??
I think he means Southwest. I haven't heard about Delta having any problems and I live near DTW.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Are you still going to this fugking idiot?

Yes...

The medical field is becoming a real train wreck... I believe the extra attention will be beneficial. AND the cost is a Tax write off... so kinda works out some.

Example: My wife set an appointment with her "Regular" doctor... it was a 2.5 month wait. Under this plan... 2 PM same day.

If you are satisfied... I am glad for you. I am not satisfied with the current Pay For Service arrangement here.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
maybe it was S.W., one of the company's had a bunch of cancelled flights last week that created one hell of a mess at DIA due to staff shortages and weather, so they said.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,086 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,162
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.