Hop To
#16528430 10/14/21
E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Appears we got ~6" of rain last night. A very close shot of lightening toasted our cistern pump controller (no water), TV satellite and internet connectivity. Once the thunderstorm passed and left just rain my wife was out in it taking a shower. Not a surprise... We have water thanks to our great local well folks, the rest will come.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Right as rain".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ed was it Texas or up North?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We always run around shutting crap down, like heat pumps, tvs and major electronics when lightning in the area.

Even tho I have a whole-house surge protector. Just a habit

I can be in another state check on the house, pull live lighting data from an internet site I use. Call the house and tell the kids...Lort jeebus yall unplug my 55” hitachi and shut down both heat pumps 😃

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I gots a 32" panasonic.

Fry that biatch

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We got 2 1/2inches yesterday over 19 inches above normal for the yr.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
We got 2 1/2inches yesterday over 19 inches above normal for the yr.

Got 2.8 here.

We are above avg for the year here, but it's been weird...

Lots of rain at one time. It runs off, and then a long dry spell where the pastures brown and quit growing. Then it'll come another turd floater, and the water runs off. Doesn't have time to sink in and do the good it should.

Wettest dry year I can remember.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EdM
Appears we got ~6" of rain last night. A very close shot of lightening toasted our cistern pump controller (no water), TV satellite and internet connectivity. Once the thunderstorm passed and left just rain my wife was out in it taking a shower. Not a surprise... We have water thanks to our great local well folks, the rest will come.

Glad y'all have water to use, Ed.

You don't have a water well there? You mentioned a cistern and pump... Do you collect rainwater?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A few more pounds of powder and another 1,000 primers for the AR’s. I also bought another suppressor, the Hybrid 46. I bought a couple more boxes of 35 Whelen ($31ea) and a couple more 50rd boxes of custom loaded .222Rem mag ballistic tips. A trigger tech trigger for a 700 and a couple other must haves.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
A few more pounds of powder and another 1,000 primers for the AR’s. I also bought another suppressor, the Hybrid 46. I bought a couple more boxes of 35 Whelen ($31ea) and a couple more 50rd boxes of custom loaded .222Rem mag ballistic tips. A trigger tech trigger for a 700 and a couple other must haves.

must mean its going to be dry there for awhile

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

I can be in another state check on the house, pull live lighting data from an internet site I use. Call the house and tell the kids...Lort jeebus yall unplug my 55” hitachi and shut down both heat pumps 😃

I had no idea they made a 55 incher. I hope my wife doesn't find out. She barely has a use for me as it is. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Ed was it Texas or up North?

Boerne.

E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by EdM

Glad y'all have water to use, Ed.

You don't have a water well there? You mentioned a cistern and pump... Do you collect rainwater?

We are on a well that pumps into a cistern then to the house. We do collect rain water but that is set up to take care of the landscape.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We had about 13 sprinkles last night and got a light dew this morning.

Has those 6" rains before, no fun.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
apparently it was too durn cold for the penguins in antarctica this year..(record cold)
least ut was warm enough for a outside shower where you were..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We always run around shutting crap down, like heat pumps, tvs and major electronics when lightning in the area.

Even tho I have a whole-house surge protector. Just a habit

As I once told a young feller who was going to buy a suppressor for his computer, lightning jumps across miles of sky; it can jump over your surge suppressor.

Opening the mains and all the breakers to stuff outside might help, but since many strikes are top-down, like the one that hit my father’s house, nothing is sure-fire. The one that got him came through an ungrounded VHF antenna (what was he thinking!?!), blew out drywall here and there following the house wiring, trashed his PC, the VHF set, and his furnace controller, plus various other oddments here and there.

My strike hit the housing for my well, a pretty dang good ground, and still blew up the pump controller 150’ away in my basement, $140 as compared to the $8k my father’s hit caused.

Your setup sounds entertaining at least. Hope Alexa doesn’t hack it.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I had no idea they made a 55 incher. I hope my wife doesn't find out. She barely has a use for me as it is. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Never fear, you’re still needed here. Whenever firearms disaster strikes, we can always say, “At least we’re still luckier than Paul”.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Just over 3" here plus we had 2.75" two nights before. My phone keeps going off in the middle of the night with flash flood warnings but it doesn't understand that I live on a hill.

Last edited by Whiptail; 10/15/21.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

lol speaks more about you, stop riding that bike and ride your old lady.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 80 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,593
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.