Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Population growth on planet earth 1950-2050 .....

https://www.infoplease.com/world/population/total-population-world-decade-1950-2050. To date global population is up about 280% since 1950.

USA was about 150 million when I was born. Approximately 2.2 x increase

Florida was about 2.5 million. Present population is about 22.6 million, or approx. 850% increase.

I suggest we can’t continue much longer in this path. Don’t have the answers but can see a time when the raw resources pipeline will be insufficient. Might promote an epic war for survival, objective being nothing more than access to raw resources.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thinking Bill Gates and the Illuminati share your concern.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

https://www.infoplease.com/world/population/total-population-world-decade-1950-2050. To date global population is up about 280% since 1950.

Florida was about 2.5 million. Present population is about 22.6 million, or approx. 850% increase.

I suggest we can’t continue much longer in this path. Don’t have the answers but can see a time when the raw resources pipeline will be insufficient. Might promote an epic war for survival, objective being nothing more than access to raw resources.

US agriculture is producing only about half of what it potentially could produce.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prepare for the next ice age

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My money is on the moon

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
the most logical answer is that the human race should start prepping to go off world

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the most logical answer is that the human race should start prepping to go off world

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

That is some crazy logic.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As I travel coast to coast across this country the amount of undeveloped lands appear amazing and endless.

We've only yet begun to defile this planet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

There's some kind of taboo or mass blindness towards our own population growth. To suggest otherwise is considered anti-social in pretty much everywhere in the world.

I'd settle for just doing to things to not encourage over reproduction like remove tax breaks for having more than two children but even that is asking for too much.

Churches in third world chitholes are telling people who can't take care of themselves to go forth, multiply, and then invade our country.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

You call that slow?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

US agriculture is producing only about half of what it potentially could produce.

The US agriculture system very inefficiently turns fossil fuel energy into food energy . Try farming without modern equipment, fertilizers, and pesticides and let us know the true potential. Fossil fuels are a non-renewable resource even though we treat them as if they are.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I think you're off by at least a factor of 10 on the pessimistic side.

Looking at the numbers on the website quoted, I am curious where they come from. Population growth rates have plummeted in almost all regions of the globe over the last twenty years. Not because of birth control, not because of women's participation in the work place, but because of the increase in wealth. People don't need kids as old age insurance if they can save and feel secure about their retirement.

If you look at the predictions for population growth from 30 years ago, they were wildly wrong. Populations have not grown nearly as much as "they" thought they would. I suspect that will be the case over the next twenty or so years, as well.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
More folks need the jab in Mexico, China, New York, California…

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Whiptail
[quote=Jim_Conrad][quote=DigitalDan]Population growth on planet earth 1950-2050 .....

The US agriculture system very inefficiently turns fossil fuel energy into food energy .

How do you figure? Seems to be working very well, how would you power any kind of heavy equipment like tractors without fossil fuels?

Try farming without modern equipment, fertilizers, and pesticides and let us know the true potential.

That potential would be hard put to match 7% of present day output.

Fossil fuels are a non-renewable resource even though we treat them as if they are.

Yes and when they are gone or no longer legally usable your hoped for reduction in world population will happen.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
If you want to shut up a global warming alarmist..... tell 'em out of control population growth is at the root of it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rickt300

The US agriculture system very inefficiently turns fossil fuel energy into food energy .

How do you figure? Seems to be working very well, how would you power any kind of heavy equipment like tractors without fossil fuels?

By calculating the number of fossil fuel calories compared to the number of food calories. I haven't personally done it but I don't doubt the math.

Try farming without modern equipment, fertilizers, and pesticides and let us know the true potential.

That potential would be hard put to match 7% of present day output

Probably around that amount

Fossil fuels are a non-renewable resource even though we treat them as if they are.

Yes and when they are gone or no longer legally usable your hoped for reduction in world population will happen.

This is what I'm talking about. Just mention responsible procreation and you're labeled an anti-social who wants to kill off humanity.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The US population increase is minimal compared to many 3d world countries. The central African countries of Rhuanda, Uganda, Congo, and Burundi have been increasing at about 3% a year. That's more than 6x our rate. White people have backed off on having children while brown and black people are breeding like flies. The whites in Europe are over the brink now. They can't come back even if they doubled their kid counts. The US is pushing the brink and Biden's unlimited immigration is aimed at going over it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The US population increase is minimal compared to many 3d world countries. The central African countries of Rhuanda, Uganda, Congo, and Burundi have been increasing at about 3% a year. That's more than 6x our rate. White people have backed off on having children while brown and black people are breeding like flies. The whites in Europe are over the brink now. They can't come back even if they doubled their kid counts. The US is pushing the brink and Biden's unlimited immigration is aimed at going over it.

Foreign aid to these overpopulated 3rd world countries enable their out of control population growth. .....they have outstripped the carrying capacity of their country.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whiptail

The US agriculture system very inefficiently turns fossil fuel energy into food energy . Try farming without modern equipment, fertilizers, and pesticides and let us know the true potential. Fossil fuels are a non-renewable resource even though we treat them as if they are.

That statement is a false dichotomy.

Industrial farming uses fossil fuel, chemical fertilizers and herbicides / peesticides because that is the cheapest way to do it.

If there are no fossil fuels, we can convert our tractors to bio diesel and even some battery electic from solar, geothemal, or wind, spread out animal production (pig and chicken houses, feed lots) to allow the use of manure as fertilizer, and breed insect and blight resistant varieties of crops. The cost of food and fiber would go up, but not enough to materially effect our living standard.

Malthus was wrong. You are, too.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,034
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.