Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
And here we go

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
maybe u/RockyRaab knows...
why did they put it on a space launch vehicle?
I thought the point of hypersonics was to bypass the sub-orbital launch that allows defense programs the ability to see and intercept them....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Missed their target by 24 miles? -phffffft-

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
maybe u/RockyRaab knows...
why did they put it on a space launch vehicle?
I thought the point of hypersonics was to bypass the sub-orbital launch that allows defense programs the ability to see and intercept them....

Yes the hypersonic part is when sub orbital...
FT sources said the hypersonic glide vehicle was carried by a Long March rocket

DD don’t worry, Biden will make sure they get the guidance down....

IC B2

C
ccd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Not really a surprise. One of the top DOD officials alluded to something a month ago. You can thank our universities desire for cash, and the raging garbage bin that is our public school systems in the US.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Greatly over-simplified, the B in ICBM stands for ballistic. With a normal re-entry vehicle, the rocket boosts the warhead to a high parabolic arc, the peak of which can be 1,500 miles up, and then the warhead comes down at a very steep angle. The steeper it comes in, the more accurate it can be (think dive bombing). The downside in recent years is that radars can see the warhead coming and interceptor rockets can be fired.

A hypersonic glide vehicle can be launched at a much lower trajectory, perhaps as low as 100 miles up in a partial orbit. It is thus not visible to radars until very late. And the vehicle can then fly and even maneuver to its target, evading defenses. The difficulties in designing such a "glide bomb" are related to cooling. Ballistic vehicles come in at up to 15X the speed of sound, but enter so steeply that the time of aerodynamic heating is only a few seconds. A glide bomb, even though at much slower speeds, has to endure heating for several minutes.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I don't pretend to know much about this sort of thing but from what I have read it seems to me China just said we have the capability of delivering nuclear weapons anywhere on earth and you can't do anything about it.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Don’t dismiss that !
China might decide to bomb Baltimore, and hit DC instead. Think about that happening when Congress was in session !!!
The Horror !!!🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 10/17/21.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
They got the idea from somewhere

IC B3

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Too bad the US didn't shoot it down.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 45_100
I don't pretend to know much about this sort of thing but from what I have read it seems to me China just said we have the capability of delivering nuclear weapons anywhere on earth and you can't do anything about it.

Admitting you're not a rocket scientist takes guts, lol. During normal times this would be a big story. The intel community source saying they were caught off guard, might be cause for concern. The intel instead comes from reporters at The Financial Times. I couldn't find anything on the State Department website. The Pentagon website leads with climate change.
https://www.defense.gov/spotlights/tackling-the-climate-crisis/

Interesting article here,
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...t-uses-a-hypersonic-glide-vehicle-report

"The trial flight is said to have occurred around August, with the boost-glide vehicle being lifted into space by a Long March 2C rocket. The launch of the rocket, the 77th of its kind, was undisclosed by Beijing, while the 76th and 78th were—the latter of which occurred in late August. The Financial Times says that the tested hypersonic glide vehicle missed its target by a couple of dozen miles, but that is hardly reassuring considering the capabilities that are apparently in development here."

DOD did release this in August.
https://www.defense.gov/News/Releas...cent-chinese-ballistic-missile-launches/

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Because the DOD would admit they were vulnerable....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, of course we were surprised; our "intel" people are more focused on listening to our phone calls and identifying the "domestic terrorists" at PTA meetings than on watching Hunter Biden's income sources.

I don't follow military space news any longer, and the last classified briefing on it I attended was almost 30 years ago. But I can say this: one test flight that misses by 24 miles is a long, long way from an operational weapons system. And I can also say this: Our enemies all know without a doubt that we can put a nuke through the third window from the left, if that's our target.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Juuuuuust a bit outside....

I am MAGA.
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Regardless of all of the minutia involving this hypersonic hyperbole,the military leaders are more concerned with white supremacy and white rage.

This is what happens when an "affirmative action Negro",Austin, is promoted twice by an "affirmative action" former president BHO.lol

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Well, of course we were surprised; our "intel" people are more focused on listening to our phone calls and identifying the "domestic terrorists" at PTA meetings than on watching Hunter Biden's income sources.

I don't follow military space news any longer, and the last classified briefing on it I attended was almost 30 years ago. But I can say this: one test flight that misses by 24 miles is a long, long way from an operational weapons system. And I can also say this: Our enemies all know without a doubt that we can put a nuke through the third window from the left, if that's our target.

This is all about Taiwan and who controls the South China Sea.

Last edited by JeffP; 10/17/21.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"We need to send a tranny around the world ASAP.."

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The fact they have this does not bother me much, maybe it should, but what bothers me is this came as a surprise. Defense Intelligence Agency, CIA, all the three letter agencies...where the hell were they? Pelosi's Chinese Spy limo driver probably could have been helpful...but I guess nobody asked him. Any Chinese Take Out place near the Pentagon could have told them, if only they had asked. Is there ANYTHING the US Government can do without a total fail. Anything?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Is there ANYTHING the US Government can do without a total fail. Anything?

Create a propaganda campaign that convinces a significant portion of the population that a demonstration for election integrity was actually an insurrection?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 71 invisible), 3,295 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,483
Posts18,471,815
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.