Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

You think yourselves wiser than God with all of your diversions to hijack the sermon meant to bless Christians.
Your attempt to make me look foolish as you are now is only answered by the sermon......and I Corinthians 1.

"But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:"

This is one of the 'many' examples of why Paul's written/dictated/or spoken words are not God's word.

You are just making an empty bald claim with nothing to back it up. There is no reason to draw your conclusion based on reason.

As a young man reading the bible straight through, these passages were obviously man's ponderings and not God's. Man/religion continues to try and bring God down to human level.

I don't think you read the Bible. Christ brought God down to the human level. It's called the Gospel.

Anyway the quoted passage infers that God has degrees of wisdom to foolishness, and degrees of strength to weakness.

No it doesn't. The passage simply makes the point that men are always fools compared to God. It never says there is a difference between God's levels of wisdom. Read more carefully instead of reading what you want to read.

Where does this anti-Paul doctrine come from. I read it a lot here on the campfire. What denomination preaches Paul is not an apostle?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by goalie
Picking and choosing which parts of your book you think matter kinda makes you a douche

That's what the disciples, prophets and Jesus did, so you are clear on what you must think of them.

No surprise. ☕ 😐 👎

Uhh...the disciples, prophets and Jesus didn't have a Bible to pull quotes out of.
More of your hallucinating.

Of course they did. They had the Tanahk - the Jewish old testament.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by ironbender
Picking and choosing which parts of your book you think matter kinda makes you a douche

That's what the disciples, prophets and Jesus did, so you are clear on what you must think of them.

No surprise. ☕ 😐 👎

We know you’re not the jesus.

I’ve know disciples and prophets. Disciples and prophets are friends of mine. You’re no disciple or prophet.

How dare you shoot down the little pink balloon of our campfire self annointed spiritual leader...

The point is that God encourages and wants His people quoting Scripture.

Mat 4:4 "But he answered, 'It is written, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God."'"

Last edited by OldHat; 10/17/21.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Slappy must miss his trysts with Fred Phelps, another wacko preacher

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Hey Happy.
Next time you take a vacation.
Piss off a NA Shaman.
Those 2 preachers couldn't do the job right...
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by OldHat

No surprise. ☕ 😐 👎

I’ve know disciples and prophets. Disciples and prophets are friends of mine. You’re no disciple or prophet.

How dare you shoot down the little pink balloon of our campfire self annointed spiritual leader...

Mat 4:4 "But he answered, 'It is written, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God."'"

Yep...
Aint got a problem with peoples beliefs and faith.

But do have a problem with pathological liars.
Who are sockpuppet trolls playing a religous persona online for their sick pleasure.

Like........
Happy Camper.......

#bogussockpuppettroll

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Happy Camper been in a state of prayer ever since that time he accidentally sucked a guy’s dick.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No surprise. ☕ 😐 👎

Yep...

Who are sockpuppet trolls playing a religous persona online for their sick pleasure.

Like........
Happy Camper.......

#bogussockpuppettroll

Happy Camper cannot be a sock puppet because Wabigoon the Magic Moron spoke to him on the phone one day.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
This preacher and several of his cohorts were accused of sexual misconduct. It takes a little filtering to get through the internet noise but it appears to be true.

It seems that their particular brand of Christianity isn’t really Christianity.

What about the fruits of the spirit. Love joy peace patience long suffering……?

IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

You think yourselves wiser than God with all of your diversions to hijack the sermon meant to bless Christians.
Your attempt to make me look foolish as you are now is only answered by the sermon......and I Corinthians 1.

"But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:"

This is one of the 'many' examples of why Paul's written/dictated/or spoken words are not God's word.

You are just making an empty bald claim with nothing to back it up. There is no reason to draw your conclusion based on reason.

As a young man reading the bible straight through, these passages were obviously man's ponderings and not God's. Man/religion continues to try and bring God down to human level.

I don't think you read the Bible. Christ brought God down to the human level. It's called the Gospel.

Anyway the quoted passage infers that God has degrees of wisdom to foolishness, and degrees of strength to weakness.

No it doesn't. The passage simply makes the point that men are always fools compared to God. It never says there is a difference between God's levels of wisdom. Read more carefully instead of reading what you want to read.

Where does this anti-Paul doctrine come from. I read it a lot here on the campfire. What denomination preaches Paul is not an apostle?

the foolishness of God

the weakness of God

You can't read, it's what Paul wrote.

Jesus came to bring us up to God's level, not the other way around, he didn't come here to slum.

I don't care what Paul wrote until someone like Happy camper quotes him to attack another... then it does matter.

Kent

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by deflave

No surprise. ☕ 😐 👎

Yep...

Like........
Happy Camper.......

#bogussockpuppettroll

Happy Camper cannot be a sock puppet because Wabigoon the Magic Moron spoke to him on the phone one day.

LOL

SMH...
Deep sockpuppet schit for cred...
Some gullible people on here.
With 0 experience dealing with planet azzhole types....

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Strider1

Applies to about half the threads on 🤡 camp.

I’m going to steal it.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

the foolishness of God

the weakness of God

"Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. "
He is not saying God is foolish or weak. It's a comparison.

Jesus came to bring us up to God's level, not the other way around, he didn't come here to slum.

We can never be brought up to God's level. We are saved from sin. We are never good. God saves us through grace. We are always wretches.

I don't care what Paul wrote until someone like Happy camper quotes him to attack another... then it does matter.
Kent

Nah, that's not it. You are anti Paul. Why? Where did you learn that?

Last edited by OldHat; 10/17/21.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

the foolishness of God

the weakness of God

"Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. "
He is not saying God is foolish or weak. It's a comparison.

We can never be brought up to God's level. We are saved from sin. We are never good. God saves us through grace. We are always wretches.

Kent

Nah, that's not it. You are anti Paul. Why? Where did you learn that?

While the cats away, the mice will play.

I came back to a barn full of mice and you got busy setting out boxes of decon, traps, and boot stompin like Jed Clampet at a brush arbor! Lol!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
No, you guys are the ones speaking away from Christ and the Holy Spirit, attacking fellow followers of Christ and driving away others that may want to.

You get what reticule you deserve.

Kent

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

the foolishness of God

the weakness of God

Kent

If you ever get around to reading the Old Testament with understanding, it will be apparent that it's a figure of speech.
Likewise, Jesus used parables, word pictures (illustrations), figures of speech to help His audience understand the greater spiritual truths. Simply read John 3 and you'll see Jesus rebuke the religious leader for not getting that point.

Paul did likewise because there is no doubt that he wrote about the fact that God is All-powerful. "By Him were all things created that are in heaven and earth..." Paul was inspired by the Holy Spirit to write this of Jesus.

In modern terms, I came back to the thread that was posted for believers. I see a few Christ haters hijacked it while gone, except for Old Hat. Old Hat has more power in his little finger than the whole lot of unbelievers put together.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Scrappy Hamster I have a question for you

Did God give you the right to judge all of us “non believers”?

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

685 members (007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 82 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,721
Posts18,494,661
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.