"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
GB1

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Thanks BSA and gnoahhh.
I've never been accused of being a thing of beauty nor a joy, so you must be talking about the rifle. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to say I won’t be able to participate in this party. All y’all keep on keepin’ on.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Sorry to say I won’t be able to participate in this party. All y’all keep on keepin’ on.

Did you lose your rifles in a boating accident?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes I did.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yes I did.

Dang it!!!!

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes I did.

Isn't that like the second time this year? maybe you should take a boating class? LOL wink

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Hey Sheister, have you had a chance to go out and shoot this again? How did your elk hunting go? I'm back home and my legs are fn tired!!

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Tried this today with my Tikka T1X and my Anschutz Match 54. Both at 50 yds and using SK Flatnose Target ammo. Will try to post up pics, have issues with that on here sometimes....

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/u...FMbnqf1Z4pap3slC=w351-h624-no?authuser=0[/img]

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/w...iuNLeSVkb8VCUWHK=w351-h624-no?authuser=0[/img]

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/W...0CNtaIxX0eFOEw6J=w351-h624-no?authuser=0[/img]

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Pics aren’t working for me

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by CamNWIA
Tried this today with my Tikka T1X and my Anschutz Match 54. Both at 50 yds and using SK Flatnose Target ammo. Will try to post up pics, have issues with that on here sometimes....

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/u...FMbnqf1Z4pap3slC=w351-h624-no?authuser=0[/img]

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/w...iuNLeSVkb8VCUWHK=w351-h624-no?authuser=0[/img]

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/W...0CNtaIxX0eFOEw6J=w351-h624-no?authuser=0[/img]

Maybe try imgur. I'm not seeing the links or pics.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I bought some SK match yesterday, to try in my rifles. Also damn near bought a stainless Tikka CTR too. Took a lot of restraint to not throw down the money. Don't know when I'll get a chance to go out and shoot though. Been busy. Had to take some time off for elk hunting.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Great shooting with some very nice rifles. My $.02. Mostly due to age, I have cut back on my shooting and have sold several guns. Most recently I sold my LH CZ 452 and I sent some targets from benchrest matches to the buyer. They would hold their own very well with the targets posted here. I won several factory class matches with this rifle, and an annual aggregate.

I did extensive testing with this rifle, so I had a very good handle on its potential. It was not fussy about ammo, but I had the most consistently good results with certain lots of Wolf Match Extra. The problem with Euro ammo is that many things are not what they appear to be and there are frequent changes. You can't always tell from the packaging and head stamps. I learned straight from the owner of the unfortunately now defunct Champion Shooters Supply that Wolf and SK aren't or weren't just similar, they are the same. Norma .22s look suspiciously similar. The now-gone Federal match ammo was made by RWS in Germany. I had a shooter dispute that until I showed him the very tiny print on the carton. Now we hear that Wolf is made by Eley. Of course Eley is always changing its product line. So on it goes, and to be really serious about it you have to keep up with things and do your homework. It's even harder under current market conditions.

The single most important thing I have learned about precision shooting of .22s is the importance of wind. Most shooters, except serious benchresters, pay little or no attention to the wind factor. You seldom see wind flags except at BR matches. Time after time I have seen shooters tear their hair out over flyers where it was clearly due to the wind. Waiting for a calm day helps, but the wind is always there, and it can be sneaky. I spent many hours as a range officer watching shooters with high dollar rifles and ammo "testing", while it was clear that they were not getting meaningful results because some part of their gear and/or techniques were less than optimal. These include a very basic understanding of principles of statistical analysis.

I have a soft spot for vintage single shots. Although I have been thinning my herd. I would be sorely tempted by a nice Martini set up for a left handed shooter.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks for your input Paul. A lot of us know where you are coming from. Especially those of us that have to deal with shooting in the wind. With that being said, one has to be mindful of ammo that produces "flyers" and stay away from it, if you want precision. You can't just blame crappy shot placement on poor shooting skills. Often times, with 22lr, its the ammo. I can tell by many of the targets posted here, that these guys know how to shoot and they know whether it was them or the ammo. One of the reasons I started this thread was to see what 22lr ammo shoots more consistently than others. Its also been fun and challenging hitting those little targets.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by CamNWIA

Nice shooting. Glad to see you went imgur. Now you need to learn how to post the link so it shows up as a picture. I usually click on the little blue box to the right that says "Copy". Use the one that says "BBCode". That is for posting directly to a forum, such as this. Works pretty slick..

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Gotcha, will try that next time. Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Last edited by CamNWIA; 11/09/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, winter is already proving boring, so when a fairly decent day came along I drug out another 140 year rifle to try at this game. Just a little breeze, so not too bad.
Phil
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
https://i.postimg.cc/wTWbZ42f/2.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/Kcf93p6G/3.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/NFjkxY3g/4.jpg

Last edited by TenX; 12/20/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very nice! Details on the rifle?

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

282 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 29aholic, 31 invisible), 2,015 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,755
Posts18,476,348
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.