Originally Posted by stxhunter
How.

LOL

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Jim Conrad should be along any time now.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
mjbgalt Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Already did ancestry. Says I am Scottish and Irish. Which I sort of knew. But ancestry also says if you have native blood they wouldn't know since the tribes denied them samples. So back to square one.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Already did ancestry. Says I am Scottish and Irish. Which I sort of knew. But ancestry also says if you have native blood they wouldn't know since the tribes denied them samples. So back to square one.

Never understood the attraction. No offense to NA’s, but they were victims to a superior race of people, technologically advanced and superior on every level.
The romantic notion of the Native American and his spiritual connection to the land is just Hollywood hype. White Europeans rolled in, kicked ass, took their land and made history. Trail of “tears” sums it up nicely.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
No argument there. Just thought it would be cool to know more about my history.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No argument there. Just thought it would be cool to know more about my history.

Family lore is usually a lot better than the truth. Be careful what you wish for.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But ancestry also says if you have native blood they wouldn't know since the tribes denied them samples. .

BS

https://www.ancestry.com/cs/offers/...;o_lid=79107&o_sch=Paid+Search+Brand

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Never understood the attraction. No offense to NA’s, but they were victims to a superior race of people, technologically advanced and superior on every level.
The romantic notion of the Native American and his spiritual connection to the land is just Hollywood hype. White Europeans rolled in, kicked ass, took their land and made history. Trail of “tears” sums it up nicely.

Ah blow it out your ass Howard.

You superior fuggs just made a Tranny an Admiral of your govt.

Nice job.

I am MAGA.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I ruined a family legend that we had “Cherokee” in us. Great great great grandma Robinson….. English. Northern European. Scottish. Irish. Germanic. Welsh. Scandinavian. Comes to a 100%. No unknown markers reported. 4-5 generations back would show up as something.

No NA in our line in spite of the family legend. My dads first cousins weren’t happy about it. They felt it important to be part NA. We’re all just really really white.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Nice job.

Manhattan island for 12 beads and a blanket.
Mic drop….

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

Nice job.

I don’t think any tribe of any color is gonna claim that one.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't care if I find out I am not native. Just curious. And if there is anything more important than the truth I sure dunno what it would be.

We have the horn scoop and a story that a relative was a missionary who married an Indian girl on a reservation.

Likely no NA blood in me as I believe she passed before any kids could be had.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 10/19/21.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Nice job.

Mic drop….

Been a bunch of thieving pricks ever since.

Your taxes will no doubt go up to pay for gender reassignment surgeries.

Don't sit on your mic....

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by IZH27

Nice job.

I don’t think any tribe of any color is gonna claim that one.

Rainbow Tribe.

I am MAGA.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Well. There is that crew. They can’t figure out who the chief is though.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by IZH27
Well. There is that crew. They can’t figure out who the chief is though.

The construction worker from the Village People.

He is from over East somewhere.......

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Puppy stew probably.

Dig deep, puppy on the bottom.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Nice job.

Mic drop….

Been a bunch of thieving pricks ever since.

Your taxes will no doubt go up to pay for gender reassignment surgeries.

Don't sit on your mic....

Hard to sail across the ocean in a dugout canoe.

Thieving? Like candy from a baby!

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

They have plenty of NA DNA in there databases. They even have DNA from NA skeletons that are thousands of years old. Their DNA comes from the same ancestral source population so wether you are an Alaskan or Peruvian NA it will be picked up. But they may not be able to narrow down the tribe. Plus a lot of NA tribes are mixed since they stuffed a lot of the reservations with different tribes from different places.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Maybe that's what they were saying...I could have misunderstood what they meant.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (160user, 007FJ, 1minute, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,202
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.