R
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Is gophergunner OK?

Wish he would post.
Sure miss the guy.

Aw hell, I'll pretend to be the Goph for one post, just for you Rene:

"It's that time again fellas! The time we all wait all year for. There is nothing like deer season! The memories, the comradery, the smell of new fallen leaves.

Takes me back to my days on the mountain in PA where my Dad hunted for 71 years on one 20 count box of shells. Got a deer every single year too and there is still 1/2 a box left.

Every year at deer season, I feel like my Dad sends me a sign, like when the chickadee landed on my gun barrel. I was like "Hi Dad!" He was like "cheep cheep."

I got all your my gear, laid out in the basement in June so just going through it now.

I can't decide where I'm going this year on opener. Do I take my new to me blind that one of our fellow members so generously donated to me because my health conditions require I be warm or do I take my trusty Walmart folding chair and walk across the ditch and setup 7 feet into the woods for an hour and then head back home again for the remainder of the season? Preparing is half the fun, right?!

Did I mention my health conditions keep me from getting too far from the truck and I can't find any of my ammo? I think my mudshark daughters boyfriend might have pawned it but I can't prove it so if anybody has extra ammo, I'll be happy to purchase it but I don't have much to offer because of my health conditions. I'll make a list of needed ammo and post it here later.

There is a spot I'd like to sneak on again with my muzzleloader not far from my house but after the bowhunter in the tree scared the crap out of me by saying "please don't shoot my decoy" when I was just about to pull the trigger, I figure I better stay out of there.

Anyway fellas, good luck to one and all this season and most importantly stay safe! We have lost too many good guys around here lately and with my health conditions it just reminds me that I have to be extra careful and I'm out of ammo..."

Gophergunner

🤣🤣🤣🤣😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😁😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Let's not rush to judgment.

Thank you, Mark Lane.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just spent a looong time reading this from beginning to end.

If the op had health problems, I wish and pray for the best. Still, very sad.

Such assaults on generosity erode one's willingness to assist others.

Last edited by skfullen; 10/19/21.

The original Frito Bandito!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've been taken before. I give a few bucks to those in need. I always figure I err on the side of generosity by helping a fellow human being out in their time of need. If they're lying about it, it's on them. Karma is a b****.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've been taken before. I give a few bucks to those in need. I always figure I err on the side of generosity by helping a fellow human being out in their time of need. If they're lying about it, it's on them. Karma is a b****.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ok ok we get it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Helps with post count.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You don't make Oracle by looking at your keyboard.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Least not in these parts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wasn't GG the optometrist faced with a career decision about five years ago, and posted about it here looking for advice?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Wasn't GG the optometrist faced with a career decision about five years ago, and posted about it here looking for advice?

He wasn't an optometrist.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by RiverRider

He wasn't an optometrist.

That's right, he was a scam artist.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL. Maybe i should have said "claimed to be."

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]share images

Talk about reading the OP and virtue signalling.

He's gonna be embarrassed if he ever reads the thread.

Wonder about old Gopher.
This blew up and he never came back.
Or can't he?

Whoops, just checked.
He was lurking on 10/1.
Must have avoided dieing.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 10/19/21.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]share images

Talk about reading the OP and virtue signalling.

He's gonna be embarrassed if he ever reads the thread.

Wonder about old Gopher.
This blew up and he never came back.
Or can't he?

Whoops, just checked.
He was lurking on 10/1.
Must have avoided dieing.
Coward thieves would never have the balls to reply. I really wish he would because he’s a fanatic libtard as well as a crook.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by 12344mag
In honor of a great story......

Thank you. Thank you very much!

grin

You deserve that respect.

The story was great.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
You don't make Oracle by looking at your keyboard.

My gawd.

This is brilliant!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford
Let's not rush to judgment.

Crappy Hamper's getting to ya I see.

Well GFY
[don't take that wrong grin ]

Now now.....we mustn't kick a man while he needs us.

Do you have a nice sermon to post for us?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Rooster!

Rooster!!

Rooster!!!

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by deflave

There was a dude on here that went by ironeagle80dumbfugk. He was always getting free schit. Then one day he gets on and tells everybody “it’s time to pay it forward.” He explained that the campfire helped him out many times, and now it was time for everybody to help his friend.

Lmao

Kamo went full samurai on dat ass.

Hey, yeah, that's the dude I sent a bubba'd Venezuelan tanker carbine 98 with the stock butchered and rebarreled to '06 AI, with a Bueller safety and extended mag well.

Was trying to remember his handle the other day.

He asked for a donor to build a rifle for his wife as I recall. I sent him detailed pics, gave him the rifle free of charge and I even paid shipping.

I did get a PM telling me it was not quite what he was expecting. But maybe he could use parts for something.

Not really any skin off my nose. I was just looking for a way to dispose of the thing anyway. But I definitely got the impression he was not a person I wanted to know better.

Of course, my vote for the best scammer the 'Fire ever saw still goes to Houndgirl. That b_____ had many of the guys here drooling all over their selves. And call out threads between the guys because some could read a bit of sign.

Hell, Houndgirl even got the better of Safariman. That is unless she rewarded him with a little something he never admitted to.

I don't know how I ever missed all of this fiasco... kinda like missing the Tornado set down a block up the street, that wiped all the houses out. Been reading thru this, this morning... WoW...

Couple of comments about IronEagle 84.. Marty.... he lives in the same town here.... Funny when you meet someone face to face. When I met Marty, it took all of 3 seconds to realize, that he, me and my wallet were never going to be in the same conversation... I could tell he had issues.. yeah needy and the guy was raised in California Foster homes.... always looked at everything was for free...

I did do things like give him range brass for a 223, that I frequently just pick up off the ground at the local range.... never got so much as a thank you.
Took him over to shoot ground squirrels over in Klamath like 3 times....I always set up a guest first, let them have the best spot, get them squared away.....each time I did that with Marty, and then set up....I'd find him shooting at Sage rats in my direction.. then when they went down, he'd go back to shooting where I had set him up.... but then I'd notice whenever I set the sights on one, even before pulling the trigger, I'd see the sage rat explode or have a bullet him near him and send him back in his hole. he never offered to pay for gas, but each time I started heading home at the end of the day, we'd get to Klamath Falls and he'd tell me he was starving.... then we'd get to Burger King, his favorite place, and he forgot his wallet at home.....So I said I'd pay, and he'd order $15 or more of food.... 2 double Whoppers, 2 large fries etc. After the third time I was "
"busy" whenever he would call and ask about going over to shoot squirrels... of course he never offered to pay me back either.

I don't know if people remember him putting on line a paracord rifle sling he made, and how he was thinking about making them for people to order, as a side business..
Young guy, with wife and kid and trying to make ends meet... typical campfire fashion a lot of guys started to order them from him immediately. Campfire guys like to help out other campfire guys. In short order, almost 100 guys or so ordered one from him and sent the $50 asking price in advance.... He delivered about 5 of them. I remember guys posting about waiting and getting an excuse from Marty. I asked him once about it, and he had an excuse for me of why people were posting that... he just didn't have the time..... ran into him later at Wally World and in the conversation asked if he had caught up on that... his reply was "No".... so I asked what was he going to do, just return their money or what... His reply was "nope... spent all that money ( didn't say what on), so just fugg'em..." evidently didn't appreciate all the help other campfire guys gave him.

Third and final straw for me, was Ringman worked at the same place Marty did. Rich had a friend who was in his late 80s early 90s, named John LaChuk... who was suppose to have been a gun writer back in the days.... very nice old gentleman, and very frail. met him several times just running into Rich around town. Marty was out mowing lawns and John LaChuk hired Marty to do his 2 acre property. Marty somehow got to see that John has this carbon fiber barreled 223, on a Rem 700 Action and a spendy scope ( I forgot what its brand name was, but it was expensive) on top. Marty offered to buy it off him since Mr LaChuk wasn't going to use it ever again. Instead Mr La Chuk told Marty, he could have it, right now and all he wanted in return was Marty to mow his lawn from then until he passed away, which he expected would be one, or two seasons at the most. Marty agreed to that quickly. He took the rifle... mowed John LaChuks yard like two more times, and quit. Ringman ( Rich) ended up going over and doing it, several times since he was the one who had lined Marty up for the job. Ringman is in his 70s, so it was one of his sons who completed the work for the next 18 months or so, just out of integrity and helping an aged Veteran and Gun Writer out in his final years.

That was it for me. I had had it with Marty, and his attitudes. He never hurt me any way really, just minor irritations. But he took advantages of people's good graces, without an ounce of guilt about it. Taking advantage of a 90 yr old guy.... that is beyond unacceptable. I did run into him around town and he was trying to be buddy buddy, evidently wanting some once again, and all he got was a cold shoulder from me. He finally asked if things was good between he and I... I told him in no uncertain terms, Hell NO.
When asked what was the problem, I told him John LaChuk was the last straw. He denied it, and then said, I wasn't even involved so why was I pissed off.... I had to explain to him, that people get pissed off when they see people use other people thru lies and deceit. He just didn't get it. If you have to explain the obvious to someone, they'll never get it.

Ya know, you get to know some of these users personally, its a mindset with them. They don't see it for themselves, or think others don't see it, when its right in front of their eyes. I haven't ran into Marty around town, since Obama was in office. Who knows if he is still here. Who cares.

When his only comment was "Screw'em" about the 100 or so guys who sent him $50 for those paracord rifle slings, and he never delivered.. that was it. I am sure I am no different than a lot of good guys on here, who feel if you get short sheeted by someone in your mind you process that as "Fool me once same on you, fool me twice shame on me", and let it go... but when you see the same person, short sheet a bunch of other people, just because he can... that sticks with you for a long time...

Even living in the same town as the guy, I feel like I should apologize to the campfire for that.

Things weren't a hard ship for Marty... it was a chosen way of life, he learned to milk and was quite good at it...

Have you just typed out a yes or no?

Or a simple thought sentence?

Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,719
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.