Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bulkie_roll
Originally Posted by moosemike
I was surprised to hear on Tom Greshams show that Ruger is doing away with micro-groove rifling which has been a Marlin staple since 1955

Yup , I forgot to mention that... glad I posted the link .

I thought first year micro-groove was 1952-53 ?

Officially it was 1956. But I had a late 1955 gun that had micro groove

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by Ranger99
I'd still like to know what the price will be.
I'd probably buy a Marlin priced lever gun,
but not a Merkel priced Ruger lever

If they don't price them for the wally world
buyers, I imagine a good many will become
spider condos in a dusty warehouse somewhere

Winchester has no problem selling every lever gun they make.
I hope Ruger builds a quality gun that's top of the line. Let Henry build the cheap stuff.

Yeah because Winchester doesn't make many

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by Nestucca
I’m sure they drew straws to see who got to hold it for the photo op. Another woke company. They hit a couple of demographics female and color

What difference does it make who’s holding the rifle? Maybe she just happened to be in the center and they asked her to hold it.

That had to be the reason. She just happened to be in the center when they told everyone to line up for the picture.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by Ranger99
I'd still like to know what the price will be.
I'd probably buy a Marlin priced lever gun,
but not a Merkel priced Ruger lever

If they don't price them for the wally world
buyers, I imagine a good many will become
spider condos in a dusty warehouse somewhere

Winchester has no problem selling every lever gun they make.
I hope Ruger builds a quality gun that's top of the line. Let Henry build the cheap stuff.

I have heard they will be priced just slightly higher than Marlin was. In todays world, that is a win for gun buyers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I’m sure they drew straws to see who got to hold it for the photo op. Another woke company. They hit a couple of demographics female and color

What difference does it make who’s holding the rifle? Maybe she just happened to be in the center and they asked her to hold it.

That had to be the reason. She just happened to be in the center when they told everyone to line up for the picture.

Are we complaining about black people with jobs now? What does it feel like to be perpetually aggrieved?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Are we complaining about black people with jobs now? What does it feel like to be perpetually aggrieved?

Yes. It seems like they shouldn't be allowed in the firearms industry particularly if female?

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Nobody mentioned anything about black people working for a living...Keep your heads stuck in the sand guys thats how this country has gotten in the politically correct, woke culture shape its in......Hb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Nobody mentioned anything about black people working for a living...Keep your heads stuck in the sand guys thats how this country has gotten in the politically correct, woke culture shape its in......Hb

We know that. You're only mad because the black woman got to hold the gun

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I don't see anywhere that I'm complaining or aggrieved, I just stated the obvious that she must have just happened to be in the right place when they lined up for the picture. I'm not sure what you're trying to read into my statement but you sure are touchy. Those bicycle shorts must have the boys squeezed too tight and it's got you on edge.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I am no lever gun fan, have had Win and Marlins, and just couldnt warm up to em.

And i dont give a flying flip who makes my guns as long as they do a good job.

Maybe shes just well liked and the group nominated her to hold the rifle.

You know old geezers and young wimmins

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm just glad they didn't let the Ohio State Fan hold it!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If y'all would use your powers of observation you might notice everyone wearing the color shirt as said rifle holder is wearing a collared polo shirt which means management or smart people....The lady holding the rifle may be the senior engineer over production or something like that...

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O

I don't see anywhere that I'm complaining or aggrieved, I just stated the obvious that she must have just happened to be in the right place when they lined up for the picture. I'm not sure what you're trying to read into my statement but you sure are touchy. Those bicycle shorts must have the boys squeezed too tight and it's got you on edge.

I misunderstood your quote as well. I thought you were being facetious. But everyone knows that wouldn't be the case...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Time will tell if it is a good lever action that people will buy.

Ruger makes a good product. I have a #1 and two 77’s, so I like Rugers.

But….. this is not a Marlin…. It is a Ruger lever action. They do not make Marlins anymore. If you want a Marlin lever action, buy one there are plenty out there for sale. At least now.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly

We know that. You're only mad because the black woman got to hold the gun

Lmao! 😂😂...good post...Hb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks for thinking of my dick.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Thanks for thinking of my dick.

You're welcome, it's the little things that matter.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 52 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,405
Posts18,470,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.