Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by shootem
Baldwin will walk if there was no malicious intent. If it was the crew’s job to provide him with a non-lethal prop and he did not introduce live ammo into the set there’s no crime. Can’t imagine even a civil suit being successful against him. He was going thru the normal course of action.

The production team ? Now that’s another story. Somebody spit in their chili big time there.
That may be true if he was pointing it at a cast member during filming. There is absolutely no reason to point a gun at a crew member, let alone pull the trigger.

He may not have been pointing it at a crew member. A real bullet goes a lot farther than a blank. These people could have been ten yards away minding their own business.

Yep. Standing off-scene somewhere and then here comes a bullet. I don't like Alec's politics, but I wouldn't wish that on anybody. Somebody either really got sloppy or somebody did something really evil.

Now with even more aplomb
GB4

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
so was it a real gun? Or a prop gun? Can a prop gun fire actual live ammo? Having a hard time believing that someone accidently loaded an actual gun with live ammo. instead of blanks.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
There really isn’t any way to “accidentally” introduce live ammo to a movie set.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by shootem
Baldwin will walk if there was no malicious intent. If it was the crew’s job to provide him with a non-lethal prop and he did not introduce live ammo into the set there’s no crime. Can’t imagine even a civil suit being successful against him. He was going thru the normal course of action.

The production team ? Now that’s another story. Somebody spit in their chili big time there.
That may be true if he was pointing it at a cast member during filming. There is absolutely no reason to point a gun at a crew member, let alone pull the trigger.

Yep. If so, that would be “malicious intent”.

Hide & watch. It wasn’t Baldwin’s responsibility to “vet” the prop gun. And I agree about the possibility of stupid actions. I couldn’t bring myself to point any gun at another person without personally verifying it’s condition. Right now we don’t know under what conditions the prop was used or if it was discharged during active production. If there is a civil suit involving Baldwin I predict it will be Baldwin suing the production company.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I’m guessing the camera director and film director were standing behind a camera to line it up and see what it looked like when Alec fired towards the camera. Someone slipped a live round into the pistol. Best guess.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I’m guessing the camera director and film director were standing behind a camera to line it up and see what it looked like when Alec fired towards the camera. Someone slipped a live round into the pistol. Best guess.

Another thing to consider too is that if the movie was striving for realism, they would have been looking at a cylinder full of lead nosed bullets too. A guy in Baldwin’s position could have even done a quick spin of the cylinder and missed the one with a live primer in it.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
that POS can burn in h e l l, he started alot of crap with a gun club I belong to about how they kept there animals, that and PETA

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Baldwin's father was a Marine and coach of the rifle team at Massapequa High on Long Island NY. He should have known enough to check what was in the gun before he ever cocked it. “In all my years, I’ve never been handed a hot gun,” the actor allegedly kept saying.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Baldwin's father was a Marine and coach of the rifle team at Massapequa High on Long Island NY. He should have known enough to check what was in the gun before he ever cocked it. “In all my years, I’ve never been handed a hot gun,” the actor allegedly kept saying.

Ya ever get to pheasant hunt with his dad?

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by River_Ridge

Can't know if it's hot if you don't check.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Once again, how exactly do you tell if it’s hot if it is loaded with dummy cartridges?

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Ouch...

Attached Images
Screensho.jpg (22.56 KB, 321 downloads)
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Once again, how exactly do you tell if it’s hot if it is loaded with dummy cartridges?

Having an IQ above room temperature helps.
So, no, there would be no way for Baldwin to tell.

Last edited by Tyrone; 10/22/21.

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Having an IQ above room temperature helps.

Perhaps, but it depends on how realistic they are.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Do you load dummy rounds with live primers? I sure as he77 don't...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
No, but I can easily see how with a single action revolver where you have to spin the entire cylinder past the oading gate to look how one could miss that one live primer. And I can see fake live primers being used too. I remember in movies like Saving Private Ryan I always noticed that the rounds in the machine gun belts didn’t have primers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Would any sane person point a REAL gun with ANY type of ammunition in it and pull the trigger?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I would think that with knowledge being what it is today that nobody would ever allow a gun (prop or not) to be aimed toward people.

If you tubers can figure out ways around it, I’m sure Hollywood can to.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 69 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,955
Posts18,480,430
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.