Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
If anyone caught his show tonight
He was hunting Mules and Elk in Colorado

His parting shot on the side of a mountian
And looked into the camera and right into my eyes

He talked about what hunting means at this stage in his life and how many years he could still do it and the quality of his hunts
And why it was important

I was moved to say the least thinking about my buddy's who are gone and missed hunts at this time they missed especially my Bud Scott known as SSB here on the Fire, fishing Buds Timmy and CW guys who went too early and I miss talking about the hunt or fishing trip and sharing a Busch Light and some fresh Saginaw Bay Walleye

It's a short run boys and Girls let's enjoy the heck out of it

Kyle really nailed it. I was moved to say the least

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Didn’t see it but will try to track it down online. Tjanks for the heads up, Hank.

We do only get one, quick run at it.

Fear the crabcat.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let us know if you find it online.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Didn’t find it online but the local PBS affiliate is replaying it a couple times over the next week. Quick search of their site and the DVR was set.

Fear the crabcat.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I remember Mort neff grin

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I left MI 15+ years ago. I'd forgotten about Kyle Randall and his Wilderness Journal show. From what I remember he had one of the better shows. I vaguely remember some of the last Mort Neff shows, but mostly Fred Trost. Also recall couple WI based shows that would play locally in SW MI. They were less polished than current day "hunting" shows. But also a lot more authentic.

B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I bet you could find this show on YOUTUBE
Thats how my kids usually watch MI Outdoors they usually seem to be somewhere else when its broadcast

Ironically Kyle looks a bit relaxed (not sure how else to say it)
but he is a pretty decorated special forces guy. Of course I dont know his full story but I understand its quite impressive.

I had seen him in one of my boat dealers recently and I commented on his muley rifle shot at the end of his show (its impressive to say the least)
He said to me with a smile" the US Gov taught me how to do that" we both laughed I knew exactly what he was saying

Ironically SSB was fishing the West side of the state, Lake Michigan late summer years ago and a guy was walking down the dock asked if he had room and jumped on the old Amberjack (Scott fished the heck out of that boat) they went fishing and Scott said they had a ball, they never met before that

Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 10/22/21.

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Used to be that if you donated a certain amount of $ to pbs for his show, he’d send you a WJ ball cap with your name on it. Wife, kids and I still have ours. I’ve spoken to him at events. He’s the real thing. Good people, too.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Very moving but it's a shame he wasn't crying about the governor the people of Michigan elected. Or the guy in the white house the people of Michigan helped get elected.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Sorry I missed it. I know iv slowed way down, my body's beat up.2 buddy's are heading out to hunt now and I passed , will go out this afternoon, if not raining to hard. There in there 40 I'm in my 60s

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B3

B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Very moving but it's a shame he wasn't crying about the governor the people of Michigan elected. Or the guy in the white house the people of Michigan helped get elected.

I hear ya

But unfortunatly the snowflakes in Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids think she is doing a great job

Unfortunatly like so many other places the populated areas rule the state
Trust me I grew up in Cook County (Chicago) I know too well how this works

Hank

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by coobie
I go back as far as Fred Trost. I looked forward to that show as a kid in the 80’s and watching his hunting and fish reports from around the state pre internet. I’ll be out this afternoon chasing pheasants with the dog.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Mort Neff and Jerry chapeta had great shows Fred trost not so much I met him at a gun show gun shop presentation he was talking about handgun hunting and he was demonstrating Holden a 44 mag pistol is off hand he covered the cylinder with it I pointed out it's a good way to get burnt he said well it's worth it if it's a big buck isn't it I knew right then he was a dumbass.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by boatboy

I hear ya

But unfortunatly the snowflakes in Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids think she is doing a great job

Hank

Me, too. I hear you, Hank.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by coobie

My dad told a couple of stories of Mort that weren't flattering.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by boatboy

I hear ya

Hank

Me, too. I hear you, Hank.

I've looked at the map, if the entirety of those areas went all blue, it wouldn't matter, assuming the other areas went all red.

My point is, that there is a lot of pink in Michigan.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,470
Posts18,471,431
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.