-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, there you go. Perfect argument for gun control.

Don't let stupid liberals control any guns.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If it saves only one actor....

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Craigster
Baldwin fired the gun, be nice if the POS gets charged with accidental manslaughter.

Yep. Here is verification Baldwin shot the camera woman, and the other guy.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/woman-fatally-shot-by-prop-firearm-on-new-mexico-movie-set/

Article doesn't state how it happened. That'll come out later.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I'll be interested to know exactly how that transpired. I know how firearms are SUPPOSED to be handled on set, when they are not actually being used as camera rolls. Obviously standard protocol was not being followed in this case... unless the scene was being filmed and someone in the firearms props department really screwed up.

L.W.

That’s what I was wondering. Back when I was in the Wholesale Firearms Industry, I used to sell guns to Hollywood’s biggest supplier of Prop Guns.

Wasn’t Bruce Lee’s son killed in the same type accident while filming a movie ?

Chlinstructor, were you selling to Stembridge?? If so, did you know Larry Merrill? He and I were friends. I have shot several guns Larry used to bring out to the range. Great guy. He died several years ago.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Unacceptable ! Stembridge supplied many firearms used by SF Opera over the years .I was a #1 azzhole when we had firearms on stage and you had to be. Every carpenter, electrician and chorus member wanted to touch them. My boss was telling me about safely loading a pistol and had a discharge in the prop room . Took the pistol away from him and told him he was not allowed to handle them any longer. The crew on stage right could hear me screaming at my boss. Thank god we were not in performance mode at that moment.

Curious as to why a fireram would be pointed at the DP and the Director and fired.

Last edited by sidepass; 10/21/21.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"misfire". evil gun's fault

In truth Baldwin violated every basic firearms safety rule and is guilty and for gross negligence and liable for manslaughter and jail time

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Reckless homicide sounds better to me. I don't seen anything "involuntary" about it.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ribka

In truth Baldwin violated every basic firearms safety rule and is guilty and for gross negligence and liable for manslaughter and jail time

The set armorer handed him the weapon I expect. Did Baldwin do something outside his blocking?

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I hope they hang the POS by his balls one at a time. Slowly.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
How does prop gun shoot real bullets?
We’re they supposed to be blanks?
Someone explain please

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sidepass

The set armorer handed him the weapon I expect. Did Baldwin do something outside his blocking?

The stupid chkunt was still responsible for inspecting the weapon, AFAIC. We all are. What makes him any different?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Dre
How does prop gun shoot real bullets?
We’re they supposed to be blanks?
Someone explain please

Yes, please.Supposed it was a revolver, if the chambers of the cylinder were shortened incide to leave no space for real ammo but only for short blanks and the barrels would have a blocking system firing live ammo from a prop gun could be prevented. But if there are parts getting loose by continually use it might be possible that these parts would act like a projectile at least at short distances. AFIK "propguns" like the M29 used by Clint Eastwood in the Dirty Harry movies was and still is a real gun with which you may also use life ammo.

Elmer Keith
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Reminds me of the son of Bruce Lee, Brandon Lee, who was “accidentally” killed on the set of the movie “The Crow” in the early 1990’s. Live rounds in a .44 magnum revolver, supposedly

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Two dead, you'd think the first shot would indicate something wrong.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots about this doesn't pass the smell test. But bottom line, if you are holding a gun you are responsible for knowing, not suspecting but KNOWING, exactly what you are holding.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just read about Brandon Lee on Wikipedia.
They’d put in live rounds with no powder for a closeup of the 629 they were using.
Somehow, one of those was fired, lodging a Bullet in the barrel.
In the actual scene, an actor shot Brandon with a blank, which drove the wedged Bullet into his abdomen.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Huh, I'll wait until more is released. Seems like an unfortunate accident that shouldn't have happened. I would hope there are protocols in place but something seems fishy. I guess we'll see

No we won’t.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From the sound of it, maybe Baldwin was playing around with a gun? If that’s the case, he should be held responsible.
Any firearms owner, even new owners, should have the sense that this is a dangerous weapon unless you have some common sense and a little training.
Nobody hands a new shooter a gun and says “here you go. Go nuts!”
If not Baldwin then I would say whoever is responsible for the firearms on the show.
There’s gotta be accountability somewhere.
Hopefully we’ll get the whole story.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Breitbart story says baldwin cocked it and pulled the trigger. Had live rounds in it. A total and complete moron. Ignored every safety rule ever. He needs to be hung now.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,585
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.