Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I need some help.

Ya mean with your knees? 😁

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Cortizone about three years ago in the left knee and made it until hunting season this year. Too sore to ignore so I got another shot. Have now packed three animals out of the rocks slides I hunt, up to 90 pound packs. Drug a deer a half a mile. When it works it is awesome.

LOL
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by ironbender
I need some help.

Yes.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have not been able to do a deep knee bend for twenty years.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by saddlesore
My first series was the 3 injection Euflexxa , then I changed insurance and now I get 1 injection of Monovisc. Both are every 6 months.Both seem to work for me and cuts the pain about 75%, except when twisting and that still says OUCH. I won't get a replacement. Most of the acquaintances I know that did so did not come out good.

I already have a replaced should and I am not satisfied with it. If these surgeons had their way, I would get two knees, one hip, and 3 back surgeries.The heck with that.

Do not do any joint replacements unless 100% required

^^^^^
Fact

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I got a Synvisk two weeks ago in my right knee.It makes quite a difference.I had those shots for 3 years before I had my left knee replaced.Wish I would not have done that.

Last edited by Huntz; 10/21/21.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I had surgery ten years ago to repair three meniscus tears.Knee has been bothering me much of the year.Had an MRI and they found these issues

Problems: M25.562 Pain in left knee, M94.262 Chondromalacia, left knee, S83.422A Sprain of lateral collateral ligament of left knee, initial encounter, S83.232A Complex tear of medial meniscus, current injury, left knee, initial encounter
MRI LOWER EXTREMITY WO/DYE MRI Lt knee performed on 8/10/21 Radiology Imaging Impression: 1. Complex tear of the medial meniscus posterior horn/root junction with inferior flap tearing of the medially extruded body. 2.Tricompartmental chondromalacia as above. 3. small joint effusion.

The Doctor gave me an injection two months ago with this medication
Kenalog Marcaine

My knee hasn't felt this good in years

I had an appointment this week and asked the Doctor how long the shots last.He said it varies.Some only get relief a month or so,some up to a year.I was afraid I was going to have surgery again,but I'll keep taking the shots as long as they help me.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
I need some help.

Yes.

Genicular nerve Radio frequency ablation

6-8 month pain relief

but you have me on ignore so GFY

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by specialK
I get a replacement Tuesday

Oh Lodd Jeebus they gots that covids on the therapy bicycle handlebars

Tyrone Porkbone be doing a shît job of disantfectin it

Adults are having a serious conversation. Can't you just STFU? I believe in respecting my elders, but most elders are also wiser. You went a different direction. If anyone needs ignored its you

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Yes, it works quite well for me.

IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I had them and didn't do a thing for me. But everybody is different.

Easy's gettin' harder everyday
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rem141r
Got the first of 3 today of Euflexxa. doc said it works. anybody have it?

What is Eufexxa intended/expected to do for you?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you guys that got the replacement, is it normal-ish or still limited?

I can bend my left knee, the original one, so that my heel hits my ass.

I can bend my right knee, the aftermarket one, so that it comes about 4" away from my ass.

Other than some minor aches and the fact, as gkt5450 pointed out, that you WON'T want to kneel on a hard surface I'd rate my replacement as higher than "normal-ish".

Before replacement, even with shots on occasion, it was not always fun hunting. After surgery, as in within a few month, I was climbing hills in AZ with a rifle and 20lb day pack looking for elk.

Most days now I don't even notice it's different from the other....................................until I go to kneel on a hard surface.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Cortizone about three years ago in the left knee and made it until hunting season this year. Too sore to ignore so I got another shot. Have now packed three animals out of the rocks slides I hunt, up to 90 pound packs. Drug a deer a half a mile. When it works it is awesome.

Eflexxa is not cortisone. It is a lubricant

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by specialK
I get a replacement Tuesday

Oh Lodd Jeebus they gots that covids on the therapy bicycle handlebars

Tyrone Porkbone be doing a shît job of disantfectin it

Adults are having a serious conversation. Can't you just STFU? I believe in respecting my elders, but most elders are also wiser. You went a different direction. If anyone needs ignored its you

Fouck off little Mickie

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Eflexxa is not cortisone. It is a lubricant

I never got the impression that he associated cortisone with the Dr Mercola crap you received.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Got the first of 3 today of Euflexxa. doc said it works. anybody have it?

What is Eufexxa intended/expected to do for you?

It replaces the natural joint fluid that is produced by the cartilage - primarily hyaluronic acid.

It offers shock absorption and lubrication in osteoarthritic knees that have little to no cartilage.

There are other synthetic joint fluids available. Ortho docs seem to only use one and not have the other brands.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The injections may relieve the pain caused by deterioration of cartilage secondary to age/injury but the damage caused by weight bearing continues. TKR and aggressive PT provide a more long term solution for many. My wife had a good surgeon and attacked her PT like a spartan and now is pretty active and can hike all day. She is 74 y/o. She does strength, mobility and cardio training 6 days a week and is determined to stay active. She uses trekking poles when hiking and is slow downhill but has done 8 mile days in the mountains this year.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good on her Mike.

wish I had her resolve on the strength and cardio training. I do it less frequently, as in when I remember.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by lvmiker
The injections may relieve the pain caused by deterioration of cartilage secondary to age/injury but the damage caused by weight bearing continues. TKR and aggressive PT provide a more long term solution for many. My wife had a good surgeon and attacked her PT like a spartan and now is pretty active and can hike all day. She is 74 y/o. She does strength, mobility and cardio training 6 days a week and is determined to stay active. She uses trekking poles when hiking and is slow downhill but has done 8 mile days in the mountains this year.

mike r

Once your cartilage is gone,no PT will replace it.You can build up muscles to help though. Besides the injections I do about 10 minutes a day on the stationary bicycle. The help I get from the injections and PT convinced me to forgo any surgery at this time. To me the benefits of surgery do not out weigh the risks. No, I can't walk 2 miles anymore and climb mountains. The surgeons I talked to says some get immediate relief,some in 2-3 week, some none. However,it sure is worth the try instead of surgery.If the injections don't work,you can always fall back on surgery but if the surgery gets screwed up you are pretty much SOL. Any doctor worth their salt will always exhaust all options before surgery. Replaced joints can wear out too.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,440
Posts18,489,455
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.