Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Aren't these part of the same crowd that want to ban private ownership of any and all firearms, using the excuse it will make our streets and society safer?

Good example of what they are talking about.....

We need laws where democRats can't own or even touch firearms....

Nor foreigners within our borders...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is there a video of Baldwin portraying Trump on SNL where he says "I could shoot someone and not lose any votes"?

That would be epic.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m not going to read 20 pages across 3 threads to see if this has been asked before but WTF were there real bullets in the gun?

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I’m not going to read 20 pages across 3 threads to see if this has been asked before but WTF were there real bullets in the gun?

Yes. At least one that killed the woman and passed through to hit the director also.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

That's the real question, late last night they said(Sheriff dept)the gun was handed to Baldwin by the Assistant Director. And that all union employees were requested to leave the set well before the incident, and non-union "replacements" were brought in.

There had been complaints of 3 previous "accidental discharges" of the exact same weapon, earlier in the week.

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I also just read that the set armorer was the daughter of Thell Reed, so she should've known better.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I also just read that the set armorer was the daughter of Thell Reed, so she should've known better.

That’s the problem. She got the job because everyone assumed, being who she was that she would know better. But in the end, she evidently didn’t.

Last edited by JoeBob; 10/23/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob

That’s the problem. She got the job because everyone assumed, being who she was that she would know better. But in the end, she evidently didn’t.

Maybe smart, but lacking the cockiness to tell Baldwin to GFH when he asked to do something stupid.
Immaturity can be a killer.

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Maybe smart, but lacking the cockiness to tell Baldwin to GFH when he asked to do something stupid.
Immaturity can be a killer.

Nope. She placed three guns on a table for the scene and declared them all “cold”. The assistant director took one of them and gave it to Baldwin and told him it was “cold”.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Nope. She placed three guns on a table for the scene and declared them all “cold”. The assistant director took one of them and gave it to Baldwin and told him it was “cold”.

That's a problem, big problem.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Was the set armorer one of the Union members that left earlier?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by steve4102

No, I don’t think so. She had the job from the start.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No, I don’t think so. She had the job from the start.

Yep.

But she was way too inexperienced and stupid.

‘It was also my first time being head armorer as well. You know, I was really nervous about it at first, and I almost didn’t take the job because I wasn’t sure if I was ready, but, doing it, like, it went really smoothly.’

Hannah had previously apprenticed alongside her dad who helped train her up, and revealed she had worried about working with blanks until she ‘figured out on her own’ how to make them ‘go when you want it to’.

She continued: ‘He took me from being completely green and taught me everything I know so far and by all means, I am still learning.

‘Dad has taught me everything but a lot of things I just kind of caught on by myself through observation, watching him do things or just knowing how the firearms work.

‘I think loading blanks was the scariest thing to me because I was like “oh I don’t know anything about it.”

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/23/rust-armorer-was-new-to-job-and-worried-she-wasnt-ready-15473662/

Stupid of the people in charge to hire her too. Should not ever, ever, compromise safety.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You think when she is talking about “loading” a blank she is talking about loading her own? Surely, she is not referring to the physical act of placing a blank in the firearm.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Sept 22, 2017. "I WONDER WHAT IT WOULD FEEL LIKE TO WRONGFULLY KILL SOMEOME" ALEC BALDWIN.

Sounds to me like Hannah would make the perfect scapegoat. Just saying. whistle

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/23/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Sounds to me like Hannah would make the perfect scapegoat if someone wanted to know how it felt to shoot someone. Just saying. whistle

Yup

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
According to the Union President, NO UNION members remained on the set, they were all requested to leave prior to the incident. So Hanna couldn't have been the original armorer, if she wasn't Union.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Sounds to me like Hannah would make the perfect scapegoat if someone wanted to know how it felt to shoot someone. Just saying. whistle

Yup

Mostlikely where it is heading to protect the stupid

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Ban guns in movies!

Ban movies.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by papat

Yup

Mostlikely where it is heading to protect the stupid

Actually the only safety measure when filming with firearms IS the armourer.

They ARE responsible.

Does anyone trust any of the actors who make movies to know about all aspects of firearms, safety while filming, various blank and dummy loads? That's the armourer's job.

Just like you don't let Tom Cruise wire and set off explosives, you don't let actors or anyone else on set be in control of any aspect of firearms.

This gal was dangerous, and had had firearm accidental discharges from that incompetence at least a couple of times before the fatal shooting on this movie.

The idiots who hired her are incompetent as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (35, 44mc, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, Algotguns, Akhutr, 5 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,415
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.