Print Thread
Hop To
#16548881 10/21/21
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Anyone have any thoughts on this rifle? Ive heard the 85s can have ejection issues at times?

HR IC

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'd like to own one but I believe they are over-priced. Tikka would get my money. That said, for years I've read mixed reviews regarding ejection issues. It occurs only in long actions, and does not occur with everyone. Some say it doesn't occur with a scope mounted in high mounts/rings. Others say that makes no difference. Life's too short to go without a rifle you could easily afford. I say take the plunge and get yourself one.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by hotsoup
I'd like to own one but I believe they are over-priced. Tikka would get my money. That said, for years I've read mixed reviews regarding ejection issues. It occurs only in long actions, and does not occur with everyone. Some say it doesn't occur with a scope mounted in high mounts/rings. Others say that makes no difference. Life's too short to go without a rifle you could easily afford. I say take the plunge and get yourself one.

Thanks. My thoughts mirror yours. Ordered a left hand finnlight II this morning.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have both Finnlight & Finnlight 2, 85’s. The F2 is simply a Finnlight with cerakote &, in my case, a 22” barrel. Both of mine are short actions, a 300 WSM & a 308. I have had zero issues with either feed or eject. The 300 WSM has had 430 rounds run thru it. So, if it were going to exhibit any functional problems, I am sure it would have become apparent by round 430. I love my 85’s. I believe they are the most gun you can get without going to a custom build. Both are extremely accurate.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Originally Posted by yukon254

Thanks. My thoughts mirror yours. Ordered a left hand finnlight II this morning.

What's it chambered in?

Sako builds a nice rifle. I have/had 85's in 243, 308, and 9.3x62. I personally haven't had any problems with them, but plenty of folks have experienced ejection failures. It's a shame that Beretta (at least in the US) has been less than forthright in dealing with the issues. If you have the failure to eject, search the 'fire you'll find a solution in a new stronger extractor spring from Gre-Tan.

IC B2

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by sigguy

Originally Posted by yukon254

What's it chambered in?

Sako builds a nice rifle. I have/had 85's in 243, 308, and 9.3x62. I personally haven't had any problems with them, but plenty of folks have experienced ejection failures. It's a shame that Beretta (at least in the US) has been less than forthright in dealing with the issues. If you have the failure to eject, search the 'fire you'll find a solution in a new stronger extractor spring from Gre-Tan.

Thanks for the tip. Very good information. Hopefully I wont have issues. I ordered the 30/06. I shoot left handed so my choices are somewhat limited, especially now that rifles are so hard to find.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I have both Finnlight & Finnlight 2, 85’s. The F2 is simply a Finnlight with cerakote &, in my case, a 22” barrel.......

As you must know, in addition to the cerakote, the Finnlight II also has a fiberglass stock which is way more rigid than the standard Finnlight plastic stock, a carbon fiber bedding block and an adjustable cheek piece.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

437 members (10Glocks, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 40 invisible), 1,848 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,418
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.