-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No matter what happened, or who was responsible....why was "live" ammo with in 5 miles of the set, that's the real question.

I'm not defending Baldwin, I don't like him nor his antics/politics...but somebody else was responsible for the mishap, unless he blatantly broke protocol and was horsing around.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'm getting the feeling the 'armorer' was incompetent for the job.

Sounds like no positive control of the firearms, someone shooting real ammo off set, having fun with the firearms, then placing them back on the armorer's cart. Nothing cleared, nothing checked, gun handed to Baldwin with no safety checks.

Seems like gross incompetence/negligence.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
So an innocent woman, Halyna Hutchins, (aka minority victim) was wrongfully killed by an old white man, Alec Baldwin, (aka the oppressive misogynistic member of the patriarchy), what time does the rioting, burning, looting and violence, oops I meant mostly peaceful protest and righteous indignation start in Hollywood, just asking for a friend?

Nah. She’s the wrong color of “minority”

BLM And ANTIFA don’t give a schitt unless your black.

Well huh...here I as thinking the "white" is a minority in the USA.

Certainly seems that way going by the tv programs and ads.

We will soon be the Minority with all the Fuggin Wetbacks Hiden Biden is letting cross the Southern Border every day 😡

Texas is nearly there already. Couple of years at this rate and the TX majority will be Brown.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
What kind of ignorant moron takes somebody’s word that a firearm is unloaded and “safe” without checking for himself when it is handed to him, then proceeds to point it at someone and pull the trigger?

Oh yeah, an ignorant, liberal moron like Alec Baldwin

So much stupidity and negligence in this incident to know where to begin.

And these Hollywood idiots are idolized by Commie democrat zombies nationwide.

It's not the actors job or responsibility, as stated by Rockinbbar above...and he worked on filming sets.

Actually it’s the job of everyone who is handed a firearm by someone else

Actually, no...actors are not nor claim to be weapons experts, they have a Pro on site for that very important job and responsibility.

It is the ultimate responsibility of the person with the gun in their hand. This incident is proof of that. There is plenty of blame to go around, but the actor doesn’t get a free pass by blaming someone else. If Baldwin practiced the most basic of gun safety the woman would be alive. Saying that he doesn’t have the ultimate responsibility is irresponsible on its face.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Longbob

It is the ultimate responsibility of the person with the gun in their hand. This incident is proof of that. There is plenty of blame to go around, but the actor doesn’t get a free pass by blaming someone else. If Baldwin practiced the most basic of gun safety the woman would be alive. Saying that he doesn’t have the ultimate responsibility is irresponsible on its face.

A movie set is the exception.

The armourer is responsible.

Visualize a class of kindergarten kids.... That's what the actors are. The armourer is the teacher, and responsible for all of them.
You cannot expect actors to know the first thing about gun safety. Just as you can't expect kindergartners to cross a busy highway by themselves.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Visualize a class of kindergarten kids.... That's what the actors are. The armourer is the teacher, and responsible for all of them.
You cannot expect actors to know the first thing about gun safety. Just as you can't expect kindergartners to cross a busy highway by themselves.

LOL

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm not trying to argue the point, but logic dictates the use of "blank" guns used in TV/Movies.

Do you really believe that Al Pacino checked every round in 15 magazines, before firing them off in Scarface ? Do you really believe that Clint Eastwood checked his pistol before any shooting, in all of his movies including spaghetti westerns ? How many rounds do you think Matt Damon shot off in Greenzone, do you think he emptied every mag and reloaded them himself to ensure safety ?

Or do they rely on the Professional being paid a handsome some to purely control the weapons and "ammo" ? Do you think the actor questions the Pro's ability at doing his job ?, do you think the Pro dictates to the actor what he's doing wrong in his character portrayal ?

In any profession, you allow the Pro/expert to do his job and trust his skill and knowledge in his individual skill set. Unless you see obvious mistakes, or alcohol/drug consumption, you let the Pro do his job. All of the previous statement is BS if Baldwin was screwing around, and just shooting off round like a moron.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Here’s a short article showing Hannah Reed, the so called Set “Armorer”

It’s from the NY Post. Not exactly the most reliable News source, so take it for what it’s worth.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/woman-who-handled-weapons-on-baldwin-set-nervous-about-ability/

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thank you, from a man that has actually worked on film sets as the armourer....unlike 99% of us here.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Pretty good explanation and analogy, Barry.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I do know that actors take classes learning how to handle firearms. That have to act competent when shooting. Why wouldn’t they know anything about safety and firearm handling. It’s quite apparent that Baldwin is a cluck but he is a veteran actor and should be expected to know quite a lot about firearms. At least that’s the way I see it.
Again I can’t say what exactly happened on the set except he shot an innocent bystander and wounded another. That’s a fact.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainshot
I do know that actors take classes learning how to handle firearms. That have to act competent when shooting. Why wouldn’t they know anything about safety and firearm handling. It’s quite apparent that Baldwin is a cluck but he is a veteran actor and should be expected to know quite a lot about firearms. At least that’s the way I see it.
Again I can’t say what exactly happened on the set except he shot an innocent bystander and wounded another. That’s a fact.

I gave a class to everyone while working as an armourer on movie sets. So, they "may" have been given something similar.

I coached actors on how to handle firearms as well.

Alec Baldwin messed up once before on a movie set I was on with him. (Not as an armourer, BTW)

He played Col. Travis in "13 Days the Glory"... He had a saber and took it out and was dicking around with it, waving it around and such. It was just a cheap sword, and the blade came out of the handle, and when the blade came falling down, it cut the living schidt out of his hand. They had to take him Del Rio to the ER to get his hand sewn back up...

It's not without possibility that Baldwin was dicking around this time as well. I doubt you'll hear the full truth from a movie crew, or Santa Fe law enforcement for that matter.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

The armourer is responsible as is Baldwin. I am not buying it that he isn't even with your kindergarten class analogy. These aren't kindergarten coloring classes and these are adults with guns. I realize you were an armourer on a set as you stated, but my opinion is also shared by a current armourer for these films.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/baldwin-ignored-no-1-rule-of-gun-safety-hollywood-weapons-expert/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rainshot

I do know that Keanu Reeves and Hallie Berry both trained extensively with live rounds for months before the filming of "John Wick". Someone here posted the videos, and they were quite long in length. They did police training on steel targets with pistol and AR style guns, with multiple trainers on site during the live ammo practice. Both seemed to really enjoy the sport and shooting, both gave interviews in the importance of looking realistic and understanding firearms.

With that said, I'll bet a ton of cash that neither would even consider disagreeing with the armourer's directions or instructions...he's the PRO.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

I'm not trying to argue the point, but logic dictates the use of "blank" guns used in TV/Movies.

Do you really believe that Al Pacino checked every round in 15 magazines, before firing them off in Scarface ? Do you really believe that Clint Eastwood checked his pistol before any shooting, in all of his movies including spaghetti westerns ? How many rounds do you think Matt Damon shot off in Greenzone, do you think he emptied every mag and reloaded them himself to ensure safety ?

Or do they rely on the Professional being paid a handsome some to purely control the weapons and "ammo" ? Do you think the actor questions the Pro's ability at doing his job ?, do you think the Pro dictates to the actor what he's doing wrong in his character portrayal ?

In any profession, you allow the Pro/expert to do his job and trust his skill and knowledge in his individual skill set. Unless you see obvious mistakes, or alcohol/drug consumption, you let the Pro do his job. All of the previous statement is BS if Baldwin was screwing around, and just shooting off round like a moron.

It is always the person's responsibility that is holding any gun. Transferring responsibility to someone else is how people get killed. Maybe you are comfortable with that, but I am not. I cannot answer for any of the actors you mentioned and how they verified or didn't the safety of their weapons. You are speculating just as I would be. Somehow none of them had an incident where someone was killed by their gun. What are the circumstances behind that neither you nor I know.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

The armourer is responsible as it Baldwin. I am not buying it that he isn't even with your kindergarten class analogy. These aren't kindergarten coloring classes and these are adults with guns. I realize you were an armourer on a set as you stated, but my opinion is also shared by a current armourer for these films.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/baldwin-ignored-no-1-rule-of-gun-safety-hollywood-weapons-expert/

While I agree that he may have been acting a fool... It's the armourer's job to shut that behavior down, and make the set safe.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

The armourer is responsible as it Baldwin. I am not buying it that he isn't even with your kindergarten class analogy. These aren't kindergarten coloring classes and these are adults with guns. I realize you were an armourer on a set as you stated, but my opinion is also shared by a current armourer for these films.

While I agree that he may have been acting a fool... It's the armourer's job to shut that behavior down, and make the set safe.

I have no issue with this statement and agree. It appears that the armourer wasn't up to snuff well before this tragic incident. But as you stated in your own experience that you wouldn't have been successful in shutting down someone like Baldwin. So now what happens?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have no issue with this statement and agree. It appears that the armourer wasn't up to snuff well before this tragic incident. But as you stated in your own experience that you wouldn't have been successful in shutting down someone like Baldwin. So now what happens?

I would surmise that the Armourer would walk off the set due to safety protocol, as listed extensively in the Union firearms manual...and the filming would be shut down, because there is no Armourer on location. If chiit hit the fan against the Armourer, his union would support his decision based on safety and rules.

Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

209 members (12344mag, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 44mc, 375TN, 20 invisible), 1,655 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,967
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.