-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why would there have been live ammo anywhere on the set?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I failed to add when they finish investigating there should be at least two people charged with negligent homicide in my opinion. Baldwin and the armourer as it appears so far.

B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is who was watching over the guns on the cart before it was picked up and handed to Baldwin? One more breakdown in safety protocol. At the very least it opens the possibility that someone could have messed with it. Not saying someone did.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Somebody put a live round into a pistol.

I wonder who all wont take a lie detector test.

Of course, being a professional actor and expert lying dimocommie, Alec would probably pass in
f lying colors.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by rainshot
I do know that actors take classes learning how to handle firearms. That have to act competent when shooting. Why wouldn’t they know anything about safety and firearm handling. It’s quite apparent that Baldwin is a cluck but he is a veteran actor and should be expected to know quite a lot about firearms. At least that’s the way I see it.
Again I can’t say what exactly happened on the set except he shot an innocent bystander and wounded another. That’s a fact.

I gave a class to everyone while working as an armourer on movie sets. So, they "may" have been given something similar.

I coached actors on how to handle firearms as well.

Alec Baldwin messed up once before on a movie set I was on with him. (Not as an armourer, BTW)

He played Col. Travis in "13 Days the Glory"... He had a saber and took it out and was dicking around with it, waving it around and such. It was just a cheap sword, and the blade came out of the handle, and when the blade came falling down, it cut the living schidt out of his hand. They had to take him Del Rio to the ER to get his hand sewn back up...

It's not without possibility that Baldwin was dicking around this time as well. I doubt you'll hear the full truth from a movie crew, or Santa Fe law enforcement for that matter.

If somebody on the crew came out about that in detail, they'd be banned from Hollywood.. Forever.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That was a very interesting and succinct interview with John Schneider and he's correct. The homicide detectives are going to be looking long and hard as to why a live round was in that gun Baldwin used.

Good for Schneider also addressing the "gun control" issue. Made a lot of sense.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
is it possible a revolver firing without pulling the trigger?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Something really fishy went on for sure according to this.

Originally Posted by DryPowder

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Something really fishy went on for sure according to this.

John Schneider didn't pull any punches.

Before it's over with, it will end up being Trump's fault.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It has been reported by Fox:

"Moments before the fatal shooting, Assistant Director Dave Halls grabbed a prop gun off the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware it was loaded with live rounds, detective wrote in the application."

Okay, what's "loaded", six rounds ? What are "live rounds" ? Live blanks, live fixed conventional (real) ammo ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As someone posted earlier on this thread, it is almost always a series of events/errors that end in tragedy. This has to be the case here as well, but with a serious question on where or how the grievous round entered the set. Someone brought this round into play either intentionally or haphazardly. Either way that person is at the very least complicit in this death.

Next error is by the armorer that missed or did not ensure that a live round was not in the weapon. Or did not have enough knowledge or training to understand the identity of a live round or the appropriate insert for the purpose.

Third would be the armorer not controlling the weapon up to hand off to the actor. The Assistant Director should not be a middle man in this exchange. I would think the armorer would open the firearm, pull out the round and show the actor exactly what was going into the firearm and give last minute instruction before transferring possession.

Fourth would be the actor pointing a firearm with anything in the chamber at anyone and especially for a camera alignment when it was unnecessary for anything to be in the chamber. The L.A Times article states that the camera operator and director and assistant watch the actual filming from a safe room when a blank may be necessary for the take.

Fifth would be the director allowing a firearm with anything in the chamber to be used for a camera alignment. No need and an unnecessary risk.

Sixth would be the actor not taking firearm handling seriously. Pulling the trigger would be completely unnecessary for camera alignment. Especially with people manning the camera at the time. This supposedly veteran actor did not have his head in his job.

Who is responsible? All of the above. All are deficient in professionalism and seriousness of performance. None should ever work in this capacity again as a signal to everyone in the industry to take your job seriously.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Craigster

"Moments before the fatal shooting, Assistant Director Dave Halls grabbed a prop gun off the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware it was loaded with live rounds, detective wrote in the application."

Okay, what's "loaded", six rounds ? What are "live rounds" ? Live blanks, live fixed conventional (real) ammo ?

So the armourer and assistant director handled the gun before idiot Baldwin, bring them up on charges...."here's and empty cold gun, you're ready to go buddy"

LOL, yep arrest idiot Baldwin.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
it's a chiit show, plain and simple.

Last edited by Bwana_1; 10/23/21.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
That was a very interesting and succinct interview with John Schneider and he's correct. The homicide detectives are going to be looking long and hard as to why a live round was in that gun Baldwin used.

Good for Schneider also addressing the "gun control" issue. Made a lot of sense.

L.W.

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by Craigster

So the armourer and assistant director handled the gun before idiot Baldwin, bring them up on charges...."here's and empty cold gun, you're ready to go buddy"

LOL, yep arrest idiot Baldwin.

A famous person once said, "Trust, but verify."

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

And your correct, Baldwin is an idiot.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Love it. Schneider put Baldwin directly on the hot seat, exactly where he belongs. And Schneider is absolutely correct in calling it negligence, not an accident. Calling it an accident is bulshit and building a wormhole for Baldwin to slither through.

Anybody else noticed all of Baldwin's comments are "tragic accident", "We're all grieving", even to the husband of the woman who was killed. Instead of taking responsibility, he's cleverly sowing the seed of "accident". Baldwin is a worm pos.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I understand that basic safety precautions would have prevented this no matter if there was a live round or wedged projectile involved.
Has anyone addressed that several disgruntled employees up and left their jobs there that day? Maybe one of them decided on a little sabotage? Not realizing someone would likely get killed or worse yet, not caring?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
That poor girl who was the armourer wasn’t that confident in her ability it seems. I can’t imagine what she’s going through now.
Baldwin is going to destroy her.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
This was just in a Fox News article online ......."Moments before the fatal shooting, Assistant Director Dave Halls grabbed a prop gun off the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds, a detective wrote in the application.

"Cold gun," Halls yelled." Halls was the assistant director. So many different stories. Seems like no one knows what happened and they are trying to point fingers in all directions, except AB who failed to exercise basic gun safety.

Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

402 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 36 invisible), 1,996 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,121
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.