Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
What would Happy Camper do?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by electram
To touch on a couple of points:

-the boy was seen immediately by an ER physician in the family and cleared pending confirmation of vaccination record. This was free and Thank God he is fine. No medical bills.
-in the couple of weeks since he has healed up fine and doesn't seem bothered. He is a sturdy little kid. We realize he was extremely luck and are thankful.

I don't have any plans to sue. There is nothing more than nuisance payment in it. I may send an attorney letter to the campground to ensure that their insurance is notified and they are forced to take corrective action. If my boy had to get the rabies shots I would have done everything possible to put that place through a living hell because that would have taken it to another level of disregard in my opinion. Thankfully that didn't happen.

The school is not an easy situation. It would be a different story if I were ready to just break contact with them. My boys are very happy there. I don't want to ruin it for them. What I would really like to see is for them to provide reset training for all of the faculty and use this as a learning point. I know they haven't done that because my younger son's teacher was unaware of the incident until my wife told her.

I am thinking of the best way to address this. I have never actually been in the school due to covid. I don't know the principal or any of the teachers. My wife has met a couple but not the principal. Right now it is about making things better going forward to prevent a repeat. I don't feel I need some kind of justice for boy because he is fine.

I got bit more than once by dogs when I was your sons age, It’s what dogs do when the they feel threatened or scared. Mom patched me up and we got on with life. This bull $hit today where people feel they need to take their dogs every where they go is insane. I went to a favorite watering hole and some jerkoff had their emotional support dog sitting on a barstool. Should have slapped the dog off the stool and punched the owner in the head, but I was a gentleman. LOL!,

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by marksman1941

How is this site so damn full of [bleep] like you? The fact you have a favorite thing to kill is problematic, and the fact that you gain joy out of killing dogs is disgusting.

1.). If the world was filled with people like me there wouldn’t be any dogs biting kids on field trips.

2.). Have you ever killed a dog? It’s better than slapping a woman.

If the world was filled with people like you, there probably wouldn't be much worth partaking in. Sad that your miserable little life has turned into killing dogs for fun.

It has not “turned into that.”

I’ve been killing dogs since I was a kid.

I love it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Love that .gif Beav, I'm stealing it.
I know someone who I'll be using it on frequently.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[quote=marksman1941]

That’s actually pretty fúcking funny.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

How is this site so damn full of [bleep] like you? The fact you have a favorite thing to kill is problematic, and the fact that you gain joy out of killing dogs is disgusting.

1.). If the world was filled with people like me there wouldn’t be any dogs biting kids on field trips.

If the world was filled with people like you, there probably wouldn't be much worth partaking in. Sad that your miserable little life has turned into killing dogs for fun.

I love it.

lolololololololol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Sue the living hell out of them.

Particularly if it is a public school. I would contact an attorney, then the local news media, and make an example of them.
However, if your young kid was spending the night on a field trip somewhere, I doubt that it was a public school.

If it were me, things would have been all OK if they had notified you as soon as it happened, taken the kid to a Dr. if necessary, and removed the dog. But, they ignored it, or worse - tried to cover it up - so I would be very aggressive with them now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

As a parent it’s your JOB to rock the boat in cases like this. If they treat your son any different after that, you’d best pull him out anyway.

No, it's the new puzzified way of dealing with issues for lots of folks - "don't rock the boat, it'll blow over".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by electram
To touch on a couple of points:

I am thinking of the best way to address this. I have never actually been in the school due to covid. I don't know the principal or any of the teachers. My wife has met a couple but not the principal. Right now it is about making things better going forward to prevent a repeat. I don't feel I need some kind of justice for boy because he is fine.

It's not okay for the school to do what they did. I'd talk to the principle and ask why you weren't contacted as soon as possible. If you get the feeling the principle is dismissive or otherwise unconcerned, most private schools have a board of directors. I'd make sure they know what's going on.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I love it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

When I was suspected of hunting the neighbors' pets w/ my bow I learned that was a symptom/precursor of a psychopath. I was lucky to learn that at an early age... SSS has worked for me.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
hope you got the kid checked out by a doc. and keep an eye on that wound. a coworker almost lost his hand from a bite on the palm from his own dog who was old and blind. couple days and his hand swelled up like a tomato and he had a serious infection. IV antibiotics for a month.

and i'd have a face2face with the dipschits in that school. sounds like free tuition to me.

My diploma is a DD214
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My dog dispatch services are available for a modest fee.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Small Christian schools exploded due to COVID. Like the OP, lots of outsiders enrolled their kids to take advantage of them staying open, but it also led to crazy staff to kid ratios. Also opened them up for a lot more liability than they are used to, as things are typically handled in house in these type of schools.

Did you sign a waver for the trip?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

A court order for the dog's head to be sent to a lab to double check for rabies wouldn't be a bad idea IMHO.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone that would that would bring their dog along on a trip with a bunch of other peoples kids should be horsewhipped. I wouldn't subject my dog to that brain damage.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Anyone that would that would bring their dog along on a trip with a bunch of other peoples kids should be horsewhipped. I wouldn't subject my dog to that brain damage.

It was a camp staff members dog and they flew the coop and the school wants to just brush it under the rug.

Electram - Did a teacher even look at your your boys leg to see how bad the bite was?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Deflave has confirmed that he is a psychopath needing said hollow point to the brain cavity group between the running lights and listening post.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I see a lot of people think fur babies are on the level of real babies.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by WAM
Deflave has confirmed that he is a psychopath needing said hollow point to the brain cavity group between the running lights and listening post.

I get that a lot.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I see a lot of people think fur babies are on the level of real babies.

They’re the same idiots that take their Labrarescue to Lowe’s so they can watch their wife pick out the new shelf that they’ll have somebody else install.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 358wsm, 10Glocks, 907brass, Akhutr, 11 invisible), 1,391 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,928
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.