Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
So far, although I've not read every post, no one has mentioned regarding Baldwin's negligence, is that he cocked the single action revolver, aimed at the two people, and then pulled the trigger. If he'd not cocked the revolver, the gun would not have fired and they'd all probably be filming again tomorrow

You can count on the possibility that S.F. Sheriff's homicide detectives will cite that as a possible charge of negligent endangerment" on Baldwin's part.

L.W.

Yep. At the very least. If this was indeed, a “practice run”
Or Rehearsal as they have said, there should have been no need for Baldwin to cock the SAA Revolver, point it at the Director or Cinematographer, and pull the trigger.
IMO, the “Set Armorer”, Who was obviously incompetent, was obviously responsible for the crew and gun safety. But Baldwin pulled the trigger, ultimately. He definitely should face some charge, at the very least, negligent endangerment, if not negligent homicide.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“Loaded or unloaded, a weapon never gets pointed at another human being,” Hollywood firearms consultant Bryan Carpenter of Dark Thirty Film Services told The Post.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/baldwin-ignored-no-1-rule-of-gun-safety-hollywood-weapons-expert/amp/

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Baldwin is a piece of crap liberal for sure, but his criminal culpability here is low if this happened on the set and he himself had not been dicking with the weapons. I'd bet not a single one of you would check the magazine to ensure every single round loaded was of the correct type if handed a weapon on the firing line by a range master and told it was good to go. No different on the set when an actor is handed a weapon and told it's good to go. The actor wouldn't know the difference if he did look.

Actors on a set depend on experts to give them what they need for the particular shoot. Most don't know the difference between a real gun or a prop gun, much less the different types of blank, dummy, or real ammo. Unless Baldwin was doing something he shouldn't have been doing outside the scope of shooting a scene, he won't be in criminal trouble.

I've seen some on here say this gun was used for target practice with live ammo prior to shooting the scene. I've not seen that from any news source however. If that does turn out to be true, I can certainly see someone being held liable, but somewhat doubt criminally. I mean this is Hollywood and I think there will be some level of protection. Civil court may take a completely different stance though and hold many, including Baldwin, financially responsible.

Obviously this was more than just a "tragic accident". There had to be several policy and procedures not followed by one or more people. Just don't expect them to be held accountable.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“ Alec Baldwin ignored the No. 1 rule of gun safety: Hollywood weapons expert”

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/baldwin-ignored-no-1-rule-of-gun-safety-hollywood-weapons-expert/amp/

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Someone yesterday posted an interview with Pro 2nd Amendment actor John Schneider of “Dukes of Hazard” fame that was pretty good.

He threw Alec Baldwin under the bus.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/24/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Someone yesterday posted an interview with Pro 2nd Amendment actor John Schneider of “Dukes of Hazard” fame that was pretty good.

If they can get Hollywood weapons experts like that to testify against him, the game will be on.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Baldwin is a piece of crap liberal for sure, but his criminal culpability here is low if this happened on the set and he himself had not been dicking with the weapons. I'd bet not a single one of you would check the magazine to ensure every single round loaded was of the correct type if handed a weapon on the firing line by a range master and told it was good to go. No different on the set when an actor is handed a weapon and told it's good to go. The actor wouldn't know the difference if he did look.

Actors on a set depend on experts to give them what they need for the particular shoot. Most don't know the difference between a real gun or a prop gun, much less the different types of blank, dummy, or real ammo. Unless Baldwin was doing something he shouldn't have been doing outside the scope of shooting a scene, he won't be in criminal trouble.

I've seen some on here say this gun was used for target practice with live ammo prior to shooting the scene. I've not seen that from any news source however. If that does turn out to be true, I can certainly see someone being held liable, but somewhat doubt criminally. I mean this is Hollywood and I think there will be some level of protection. Civil court may take a completely different stance though and hold many, including Baldwin, financially responsible.

Obviously this was more than just a "tragic accident". There had to be several policy and procedures not followed by one or more people. Just don't expect them to be held accountable.

Especially since it occurred in a Libertard Schitthole like Santa Fe, with a Liberal Prosecutor and Sheriff in charge of the Investigation.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/24/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Especially since it occurred in a Libertard Schitthole like Santa Fe, with a Liberal Prosecutor and Sheriff in charge of the Investigation.

It's being shaped as a tragic accident with Baldwin being one of the prime victims. I think there are definitely one if not multiple people criminally negligent, but I have no faith in any system that would hold them accountable. After all, it was just a tragic accident and no one can prevent an accident. I'm sure we will soon hear Bladwin is suffering more than the people he shot.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Looked for it and didn't see it. Can you post a link? I'm a fan of his. Music included.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Looked for it and didn't see it. Can you post a link? I'm a fan of his. Music included.

Here ya go Gruff:

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Lots of civil liability if Baldwin was the one responsible for hiring this “person” to be in charge of firearms on the movie.

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1452322507030245383

Last edited by JoeBob; 10/24/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
“Loaded or unloaded, a weapon never gets pointed at another human being,” Hollywood firearms consultant Bryan Carpenter of Dark Thirty Film Services told The Post.

He might have said that, but guns have been pointed and fired at folks in movies since Charlie Chaplin was a rookie.

All the coaching in the world won't change what some dumbass Hollyweird actor or director does.

Dey smarter than everyone else... They told us so in many presidential elections, dontchaknow?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks man.

Reaffirmed why I liked him.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I read where the CBS TV Show “Seal Team” hires retired Navy Seals as their on set “Firearms Experts”.

One of the few TV Shows I watch that seems to know what their doing when it comes to handling weapons.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Thanks man.

Reaffirmed why I liked him.

Yep. I always liked his C&W Music, too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Years back while doing training while on a police department the head trainer gave a safety briefing first thing in the morning. One of the things he talked about was that there had been a study of firearms training incidents and they found that a very high percentage of them occurred after lunch in the early afternoon (over 85% by my recollection.)

I don't think the study assigned any hypothesis for why this spike was occurring (such as drinking during lunch or being less mentally aware on a full stomach) it only provided statistics.

When we returned from lunch he reiterated this during a recap of the safety briefing.

I found it interesting that this incident occurred at 1:50pm.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Sheriff Dept made a public statement this morning:

"Baldwin was sitting on a bench in the church, rehearsing drawing his pistol from holster & aiming at camera(as instructed by director). He did this multiple times, and then the "incident" happened hitting director in neck/chest area and then striking 2nd individual. They were not filming the scene or rehearsal at the time."

Obviously he pulled the trigger at some point, it wasn't an accidental discharge.

Sheriff Dept. will have a full press conference on Wednesday morning.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
If someone told me to shoot at "the camera" I'd have to ask them to get away from the camera. One of the rules in "their own" playbook states "you never point a firearm at something you don't intend to shoot". He broke all firearm safety rules on that occasion.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Fox reporting normal (live??) rounds stored with presumed blanks (??), Gun used for recreation off-set.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...lyna-hutchins-fired-crew-off-set-fun.amp

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Fox reporting normal (live??) rounds stored with presumed blanks (??), Gun used for recreation off-set. Gun stlll was loaded when Sheriff’s Office examined it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...lyna-hutchins-fired-crew-off-set-fun.amp

Still loaded ?....holy chiit

Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,194
Posts18,485,016
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.