Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 38 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 37 38
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by K22
In 70 yrs. I have known a lot of Preachers, whether radio, TV, or at a pulpit, from Catholic, to Methodist, Church of Christ, Nazarene, Lutheran, Episcopalian, Pentecostal, Baptist, and a few I'm sure I've left out. All them have had the same issue, Oh brothers, I was called to Preach. Yes sir, God called me.....................and to that I say BS, just as God said in Jeremiah 23. I have yet seen or heard a God called Preacher and I've come to the conclusion that in the Land of the Blind they do not exist. I do know lots and lots of Preachers who have destroyed and scattered the Sheep thinking they knew what they know the Word.

Well it beats working for a living.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by efw
I’ve noticed a pattern of this OP posting stuff I am not a fan of so the vast majority of the time I don’t even look.

When I do I find it interesting what I see.

Invariably you have HC doing his thing, and then there is a group of individuals saying that everyone is free to think whatever they want about religion, and that HC’s willingness to condemn people for their opinions means he is going to hell… or that there is a hot spot there for him… or something like that.

Let the circularity of that sink in please.

Its telling that people in a place that is predominantly Conservative/libertarian get caught up in this. We’re the ones who are supposed to stand for reasoned, civil debate at best, or at worst tolerance?

My parents repeated a mantra to me as a kid, “I may not agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Doesn’t seem to be the ideal anymore, especially for those who most doggedly claim open mindedness as a first principle.

Very good points. From what I've read halloween is a pagan holiday. So I see no connection to it and the church. There seems to be a deeper problem in the church world today though. We have more programs for this or that and have elaborate and costly buildings yet our nation is diving deeper into sin. Many here opine the state of America and our gutless leaders and many of those same people tear into the OP as often as possible. So what can be done to fix what's wrong with America? The simple answer is an honest to goodness conversion that Jesus Christ died on the cross for. If everyone made Christ the center of their lives many of the problems we see would be gone. Now back to bashing whoever and forget about any honest debate about fixing things.

Last edited by Jim1611; 10/25/21.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Maybe to save some time Geno, you could just find out if they are faithful followers of Brother Anderson.

They should come up with a special symbol to put over the church doors?

Maybe for evening services they could use a spot light like one, similar to the Bat Signal?

Would save a fella from having to run around trying to figure out which was the "good church". A person might just spend all their life looking, only to find out they done run outa time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe if they played that on loudspeakers like they used to play the bells at 6PM on the Catholic Church?

Or like the muezzin on the minaret?

We would know which church was a "good one" and just walk or drive over.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those who are certain that they are the 4th member of the trinity do more to drive away, than attract.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Those who are certain that they are the 4th member of the trinity do more to drive away, than attract.

Ouch!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
6/23/20 – (HC single handedly wins concealed carry law for West Virginia by praying.)
"I was invited to speak to the local Nazarene Church.
Had no idea that the denomination took that stand.
I used to go commando without my shorts. It was a big risk. One of my fellow ushers at the time came up to me to shake my hand and discreetly the other on my dick to let me know that I was printing. I needed to use a different undies for summer.Then the Lord provided me with Duluth Trading Company shorts.My boys did not print anymore.Praise The Lord.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Bat,

You get tired of the evangelical messages once on a Sunday, but Not tired of the vicious Names my Savior is called throughout the entire week. That says something about us both.
There are Christians that listen and appreciate many of the messages I've been told. Those who don't want to listen, don't listen. It's normally posted Sunday and obvious by the title and by the video link.
It's not like there aren't a million other posts for you to choose from on non Biblical topics. I wish I had the same foreknowledge to know to not enter a thread with God's Name blasphemed.
I started posting sermons when most were home on Sundays due to the CV scare or a lack of good church in their areas.

You said, " Christians get more than a little tired of the preacher making everyday Sunday, and being told the are going to hell because they may question parts of the serman..."

Everyone sees that is a lie. They will not be deceived.
There is one sin that people go to hell for in spite of the tens of thousands that are committed.
Listen to the brief explanation in my signature.

Please define "good church" so I can be sure all the ones in my area are fitting. I'm sure some will be deflated when I tell them their church is not "good" though.

First thing first......
Find a pastor who believes and preaches the clear message of the gospel uncluttered by works. The details are in the first 18 verses of John and described below in the links.

I Corinthians 15:1-4
"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved,...For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures':

OK, I'll go around and canvas them all, and get their answers...........................then run them by you to make sure the church they are preaching in is a "good church".

That's your job.
You asked a question and I can offer guidance from God's Word. I can't decide for you. Every decision is your own.
Im not the one who has to live in your shoes.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 10/25/21.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Who's that?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’m getting a pumpkin this afternoon

Just to set it on my deck and what it transform into a pile of goo come a few hard freezes.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Who's that?

Maybe ask the other three.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord

Just to set it on my deck and what it transform into a pile of goo come a few hard freezes.

I like pumpkins too, but they sure don't keep nearly as long as a good winter squash. I plan on chunking and sticking mine in the freezer tomorrow evening. Sometimes it's hard to tell when they are starting to go.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Who's that?

Maybe ask the other three.

You made the accusation.
Who is claiming to be God?

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Put a pie tin under it. If you leave one out until March, it kinda welds itself to whatever it sits on.

Or so I've been told.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by OldHat
😬😬😬🥴🥴🥴🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣

What are your spiritual beliefs?

I believe in God.
The only Higher power.....

And not what others think I should beleive per their own beliefs...

And I don't believe in all the spin off series branches of christianity, nor the various bibles man has, created, cut, copied, added too, or deleted thruout the centuries to suit his own purposes or too create his own branches of christianity.

Usually done by those of influence seeking power or Benjamins for ages....
That answer your question????
Next!!!!!

So yours is a "spin off series branch".

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Like everything else you retards get involved in, you have fugged up spirituality as well.

Thats the kind of stuff God hates.

What do you believe about spirituality?

What I have found is that the vast majority of people on the internet will not say what they believe about spirituality because they know it will not hold up under scrutiny.

Do you really think that other's spirituality is any of your business? Who appointed you as the arbiter of "true spirituality?"

Who made you the judge of "the vast majority of people on the internet?"

You are also claiming to be an arbiter of correctness as well, obviously. You judge truth and fiction everyday in volume. This entire forum is one big sht show of people judging the rights and wrongs of society. The depth of ignorance on the campfire is stunning. People have no ability to self analyze their own words.

I don't ask because anything is "my business" ... "nanana boo boo". LOL I ask because it is obvious the forum is a crew of gad flies. No one here has any ability to logically support their own beliefs. They believe non sense and then cast stones at Christ.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by cv540
Depends how you define "Celebrate."

Quite a difference between carving a Jack O Lantern and seeing the grandkids in their costumes....

Or

Slaughtering a goat, smearing your body with blood and dancing around a fire under the moonlight singing praise to Pan.

That is a fair point. I don't think it is a sin to send the kids off to trick or treat.

On the other hand teaching them the truth from the beginning and not hiding what is really going on is also not good at all. Once people know and believe what is really going on I find people who love the Lord Jesus Christ naturally want to disassociate from such a horrid holiday.

Do you teach your kids that Christmas was originally a pagan holiday? Do you want christians to disassociate from it too?

Yes, I have told my loved ones that Christmas and Easter have pagan trappings. I already answered your second question.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

I like pumpkins too, but they sure don't keep nearly as long as a good winter squash. I plan on chunking and sticking mine in the freezer tomorrow evening. Sometimes it's hard to tell when they are starting to go.

My wife and I are debating on what to do with 3 nice fresh pumpkins we have now. We need to decide soon. wink I want to can some pumpkin pie filing, but she says it is way to much and a waste of time. She is always right. LOL

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Why are you obsessed with this video?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
We should only celebrate the day if Biteme or Hilry or Piglosi keels over.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 15 of 38 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1936M71, 10Glocks, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,121 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,765
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.