Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Much land access has been lost to the public, because of vandalism and failure to leave gates as they were.
Many out here are spread too thin to babysit every hunter.

Yeah, for every story a hunter has about a rancher, there's a story a rancher has about hunters...

Gates left open.

Windmills and water tanks shot up.

Trespassing.

Littering.

Fences driven over, or cut.

Cattle or other livestock shot.

And on and on.... Respecting the rights of others goes both ways.

Absolutely.

Non of which excuse a corksucking piece of shidt from running hunters off public land. Should be a hanging offense.

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by coyote268
Many many years ago in Alpine County CA. we went up this road where we knew Deer were mi9grating out of the high country. Got there but there was a gate blocking it. We checked our forest service maps and sure as heck it was blocking a public access road. We went back to the little local grocery store and talked to the owner about it and how we were going to open it up. He was a nice guy and advised us not to do it as the locals put the gate up to keep outsiders out of the prime area. He also said the sheriff would give us a bad time and being elected he did what the locals wanted he to do. So we went to the nearest forest service office and complained and they just shucked us off. To my knowledge, that gate is still up today.

Of established National Forest Service roads, that were actually designated roads, I have seen far, far many more closed to public access by the National Forest Service themselves, than all other reasons combined.

The greenies they have running the place now don't want you in "their national forest land"............ OR the ranchers either, for that matter.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Much land access has been lost to the public, because of vandalism and failure to leave gates as they were.

Yeah, for every story a hunter has about a rancher, there's a story a rancher has about hunters...

Gates left open.

Trespassing.

Littering.

Absolutely.

Non of which excuse a corksucking piece of shidt from running hunters off public land. Should be a hanging offense.

Half the public land "hunters" should be runnoft.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
A rancher told me in the western part of the state à wealthy doctor chases Antelope onto his land with a helicopter even if someone is hunting them.

A bullet proof helicopter?

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Gates left open.

Trespassing.

Littering.

Absolutely.

I never ran anyone off of public land, but I did report them. Took license plates, photos, etc. Then called the game warden or whoever to deal with them.

Did have cattle shot, and all sorts of vandalism I would have detained the idiots for until the law enforcement got there, had I caught them doing it.

Didn't run 'em off though. wink

Speaking of hanging offenses... Shooting cattle, or shooting the water sources that could leave your cattle dead from thirst should be added to it.

As I said, respect goes both ways.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Gates left open.

Trespassing.

Littering.

Absolutely.

I never ran anyone off of public land, but I did report them. Took license plates, photos, etc. Then called the game warden or whoever to deal with them.

Did have cattle shot, and all sorts of vandalism I would have detained the idiots for until the law enforcement got there, had I caught them doing it.

Speaking of hanging offenses... Shooting cattle, or shooting the water sources that could leave your cattle dead from thirst should be added to it.

Not going to disagree with that.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Gruff and I used to live near a real ass hole that was always trying to claim he owned a public road.

Fugked up one of Flave’s coyote hunts and this spot was really good until I showed it to Gruff.

But anyway, I got a hold of a County Commissioner and he answered 100% that the dude was wrong. He got in touch with him and corrected him.

I don’t recall running into the guy ever again. But like I mentioned I didn’t go there as often as before because Gruff called it every day for two months after I showed it to him.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Gates left open.

Trespassing.

Littering.

Absolutely.

Not going to disagree with that.

I can't imagine real hunters doing crap like that. Bunch of rednecks giving us all bad reputations

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been hunting public lands for a long time. Pre GPS i carried BLM Maps for every area I hunted(still do). I have GPS's on both my truck and morotcycle with public lands chips on them.

I've had many encounters with land owners, only one has threatened to call the cops after looking at my maps, he kept telling me he leased the BLM land but he conceded that I could hunt there when I offered him my phone to call with.

A couple times I've had land owners offer to let me hunt there deeded lands just because I cared about staying on public lands.

Most of the time things go very well if I stay calm and respectful.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Haven't seen it in a long time, but the worst were the ones that locked USFS or BLM gates on their allotments to keep folks out.

Had an old Boy Scout leader that kept a set of bolt cutters in his vehicle just for them.

I carried a big pair of bolt cutters in my truck for probably 15 years. My load out is a bit more pedestrian nowadays.

smile

I used to always have a 3 foot master key in the truck.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That's pretty much what happened with my inlaw's property. My FIL would let almost anyone hunt, but he'd have them come by his office, look at the map he had there with a plexiglass sheet over it and mark out the area that the person had permission to trespass on, along with the dates and times. When my FIL passed, my MIL and BIL tried to keep it going, but too many people thought that having had permission to hunt in the past was an open invitation to continue to have acess to the ground whenever they wanted to and with whoever they wanted to bring with them. My BIL lives near the farms and didn't want to get into it with anyone, so my MIL closed it to all trespassing/hunting/trapping and left it to me to enforce it. I didn't live in the area, so I don't have a problem tearing down treestands or blinds and calling the sheriff and/or CO about trespassers. Being the trespassing police is a PITA and has prety much ruined firearms deer hunting for me in Nebraska. Since August 1st I've torn down 3 ladder stands and a stand with climbing poles, about average. I drag them out to the nearest maintained county road, then cut them up with a sawzall and leave the pile for the scrappers to pick up. If they have named on them, I try to contact the owner to let him/her know where his/her tree stand is. They expect it to be in the condition that they left it, but it never quite is. The farms are all fenced and no trespassing signs posted as required, so there is no question about where the boundrys are, all surveyed and marked within the past 3 years.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by deflave
Gruff and I used to live near a real ass hole that was always trying to claim he owned a public road.

Fugked up one of Flave’s coyote hunts and this spot was really good until I showed it to Gruff.

But anyway, I got a hold of a County Commissioner and he answered 100% that the dude was wrong. He got in touch with him and corrected him.

I don’t recall running into the guy ever again. But like I mentioned I didn’t go there as often as before because Gruff called it every day for two months after I showed it to him.

Don't have no idea about there but here locally the county roads are considered an easement and you are actually taxed on your property to the boundary in the center of the road. I often wondered what would happen if somebody took this to court challenge the tax or challenge the road. That is all

Last edited by ldholton; 10/26/21.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Lol. You can spin a yarn! But the road part was true

MAGA
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My land is surrounded by tens of thousands of acres of ranchland and a bunch more of state land, and one of the ranchers (since passed away) used to give outfitters permission to hunt his land. He'd tell them to ignore the small landowners like me that have parcels surrounded by his land as he retained right to hunt the land (totally not true). One day during elk season, my brother and I were on my land hunting and a truck barreled through the middle of my land. Four guys in blaze orange in the truck and I beat feet to intercept them, leaving my rifle and gear with my brother on the top of a rise.

I got to them and they were belligerent. First I told them to look at their GPS and they'd see that they aren't on the rancher's land. They did and then started to argue with me, as I own the land through an LLC and they insisted that I'd have to prove I owned the LLC. I didn't have a weapon on me that they could see (I kept a Glock 27 in my pocket, but didn't have it out) and these idiots decided that it was four guns against none and said something to the effect of they were in the right and I better get out of their way. I said that it wasn't such a smart move on their part. They asked why, and pointed out their guns and my lack of firepower.

I pointed up at the top of the ridge, where my brother had an AR pointed right at their truck, and said "he just got back from Afghanistan and he's not a bad shot."

Never had a problem with that rancher again and when he died, I made a point of introducing myself to the guy who took over his land to remind him that he doesn't own my land. It was all very cordial and the new owner has not been a problem. There are still idiots who think that my land is the rancher's land, but the rancher now tells them that they're wrong.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I never needed babysitting. Maybe you should buy a private ranch.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

😆 can’t trust anyone with the super secret spots..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
Montana was à différent place 35-40 years ago.

So was Colorado. I remember encountering that schidt when I was a young dude just starting to hunt elk. Hated it then and still do. Unless you're the type who enjoys confrontation. I'm not, and hassles take the fun out of hunting.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Ruined your favorite sledding spot did he? LOL

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SandBilly

He said because it was public it’s OK.

I still disagree.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SandBilly

He said because it was public it’s OK.

I still disagree.

That’s what they always say after they get busted…

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,420
Posts18,470,563
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.