Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
MontanMan,

As I have mentioned before when discussing DBC, I like shooting rifles a lot more than cleaning rifles!

For sure. When I go to the range, many times, it's with 4 - 6 rifles & tedious cleaning of those guns becomes a real chore.

But simply running a few wet patches through a gun makes it pretty quick work.

MM

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I've got two, new, LBT molds i've yet to try yet. This is something I'm going to look into.

Bugger, do you have the exact link to their website?

Thank you,

Alan

Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bugger
I thought I'd actually "test" how well Dyna bore would work on a rifle. It was my 300 H&H pre-64 Mod 70. I cleaned the bore to the metal. Then I fired 30 rounds through it. I cleaned it to the metal once more - a grievous process that took quite a few patches, JB cleaner, some good brass remover. I finally got it clean, it took quite awhile and work. Then I coated it with Dyna Bore treatment. Shot 20 rounds and I cleaned it again. 15 minutes and it was clean. I had not tried this "before and after treatment" and to say the least, I was impressed.

I went to their WEB site and was surprised that the site was mainly about treating bullet molds no mention of bore treatment. Anyone have experience with Dyna Bore and bullet molds?

🤣 Been that way for 2 years now.

Swifty
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Bugger,

Might mention that DBC has indeed resulted in better accuracy in some rifles, primarily those with pitted bores. In good bores there's never been much change, but it has especially helped in older rifles with lead bullets. One example would be the .25-20 Winchester Model 92 I had for a while, which had noticeable pits, probably from corrosive primers. It would NOT shoot cast bullets worth a darn until I DBC'd it, and groups shrank from 3-4" to 2" or less with the factory open sights.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
A while back, a friend gave me a muzzleloader he said was ruined. It had been shot and left to rust. The bore was pitted pretty badly. I took it home, cleaned it to bare steel, swabbed the bore with acetone to remove all chemicals, treated it with DBC, put it away and forgot about it. Six years later I thought about hunting the muzzleloader season. I took the rifle out and shot it. It shot accurately, cleaned easily, and I could shoot 10 or more shots and still have no problem loading a bullet. The bore stayed slick.

I haven't tried DBC on a rifle, but I will soon. I just ordered a bottle from Midway.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i used DBC in my Ruger #1 257 Weatherby mag . that has a Brux barrel on it, i installed DBC 2 years ago and have not cleaned the barrel yet ,mainly because i shoot less than 10 rounds a year in this deer hunting rifle .
in my 257 Creedmoor i shoot plenty i did put DBC in that Brux barrel and this barrel stays cleaner i have noticed when i do clean this barrel , i do use patch - out cleaner all the time too. i feel its a worth while product to use in a barrel , never have used DBC in a muzzle loader but that sounds like a great ideal too !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does a plastic sabot in a muzzleloader or shotgun slug barrel do the tight job to “set” the DBC? I’m assuming the friction snd heat if firing work together to “set” whatever compound is in the DBC.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Tannhauser
Does a plastic sabot in a muzzleloader or shotgun slug barrel do the tight job to “set” the DBC? I’m assuming the friction snd heat if firing work together to “set” whatever compound is in the DBC.

The primary source of heat is the hot powder gas.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 15 invisible), 1,832 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,897
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.