Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Anyone have the TORIC UHD 27-55X80 Angled Spotting Scope? Ordered one today for an upcoming Mulie hunt. Looking forward to putting it through its paces. From everything I’ve read, it’s about as close to Alpha you can get without paying Alpha prices. Also really like that I can get a mil reticle eyepiece. Struggling whether to get the 22x or the 33x.

https://tractoptics.com/spotting-scopes/toric-uhd-27-55x80-angled-spotting-scope

John

Last edited by Hondo64d; 10/26/21.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Let us know how it performs. Love my tract binoculars, considering a spotter.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have the spotter, it's impressive and I have no regrets buying it.

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Thanks for the response. I have high hopes based on everything I’ve read and video reviews. Haven’t seen anything negative about one yet.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wish Tract would make a 50-60mm spotter with a Mil reticle eyepiece.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Wrongside

Yes. 1000%

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Wrongside

Yes. 1000%

+1

And with a straight eyepiece.

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
I’d like to see the put a mil reticle and LRF in their 15x binos.

Spotter should be here Monday…

John

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
So, I just got back from 9 days of scouting then hunting Mulies in New Mexico. Didn’t get a Muley, but the glass was superb in all regards. Image quality and resolution is VERY good. Color is very natural. Control functions are very nice. It is simply a great spotter at any price. Will definitely be adding the fixed 22x mil reticle eyepiece in the future.

Tract also offers a nice military/veteran’s discount.

John

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I too would be interested in a light 60mm spotter with a variable eyepiece that STARTS at 15x from Tract. Also one that has focus/magnification rings instead of knobs.

Last edited by alpinecrick; 11/20/21.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
I too would be interested in a light 60mm spotter with a variable eyepiece that STARTS at 15x from Tract. Also one that has focus/magnification rings instead of knobs.

I PMed with John and there are no plans for smaller spotter at this time.
He said all the rage now is Long Range and ELR scopes that are hot sellers. I guess big spotters must be next?
So until market shifts to less is more. I don’t think we will be seeing smaller/lighter scopes or spotters From tract.
I don’t blame him, as all the new hunters want 6-24 telescopes on their hunting rigs. Drives me f***ing crazy!

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
So, I just got back from 9 days of scouting then hunting Mulies in New Mexico. Didn’t get a Muley, but the glass was superb in all regards. Image quality and resolution is VERY good. Color is very natural. Control functions are very nice. It is simply a great spotter at any price. Will definitely be adding the fixed 22x mil reticle eyepiece in the future.

John

My beloved wife of 37 years got me the fixed 22x eyepiece with the mil reticle for our anniversary. The view through that thing is…. Well… breathtaking. Image quality, brightness, eye relief and FOV are all simply superb. The reticle is on the upper and right of the FOV so is completely unobtrusive in the picture. The picture through this spotter with this eyepiece is so good that I don’t know if I’ll ever put the zoom eyepiece back on. I was itching for a pair of Tract’s 15x56 big eyes, but with this 22x eyepiece, I doubt I’ll follow through on the big eyes.

Can’t say enough good about the Tract Toric Spotter.

https://tractoptics.com/spotting-scopes/22x-spotting-scope-eyepiece-with-mrad-prs-reticle

John

Last edited by Hondo64d; 01/05/22.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

John

My beloved wife of 37 years got me the fixed 22x eyepiece with the mil reticle for our anniversary. The view through that thing is…. Well… breathtaking. Image quality, brightness, eye relief and FOV are all simply superb. The reticle is on the upper and right of the FOV so is completely unobtrusive in the picture. The picture through this spotter with this eyepiece is so good that I don’t know if I’ll ever put the zoom eyepiece back on. I was itching for a pair of Tract’s 15x56 big eyes, but with this 22x eyepiece, I doubt I’ll follow through on the big eyes.

Can’t say enough good about the Tract Toric Spotter.

https://tractoptics.com/spotting-scopes/22x-spotting-scope-eyepiece-with-mrad-prs-reticle

John

Good to hear. I wish they would offer a 65mm. Think I'll get a fixed 30x eyepiece for my kowa, seems the FOV on the fixed eyepieces are worth it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
. The picture through this spotter with this eyepiece is so good that I don’t know if I’ll ever put the zoom eyepiece back on.

I put a Vortex 30x mil eyepiece on my Swaro a few years ago, and promptly sold the swaro 25-50x eyepiece.....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,201
Posts18,485,216
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.