Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I set our dodge power wagon on fire

Thought mom was gonna put a cig out on my forearm

She said my arms and hands were already burned up enough trying to get it put out

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Tarkio
I got to see one of the boys yesterday at the school. Was great to hug him and see that he was ok.

Had the talk with the boy last night about the situation. Pray that a little of what happened will sink in and stay with him.

Currently shopping for the exact car to replace the one we lost.

I would post pics of the car if I could. Scary how much damage occurred.

Life as a father of little ones is amazing. As a father of teenagers it has been more than a little hard on the system.

It was fun thinking back on all the crap I survived somehow, till I realized that’s what they are doing now.

Sounds like your boy has his head screwed on right. Somethings a guy just has to live to to learn not to do it again.

MAGA
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Mother of one of my boy’s best friends That rolled his car last year checked in with us and made the statement raising teenagers isn’t for the weak. True words.

Last edited by Tarkio; 10/28/21.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Tarkio
I got to see one of the boys yesterday at the school. Was great to hug him and see that he was ok.

Had the talk with the boy last night about the situation. Pray that a little of what happened will sink in and stay with him.

Currently shopping for the exact car to replace the one we lost.

I would post pics of the car if I could. Scary how much damage occurred.

Life as a father of little ones is amazing. As a father of teenagers it has been more than a little hard on the system.

It was fun thinking back on all the crap I survived somehow, till I realized that’s what they are doing now.

Sounds like your boy has his head screwed on right. Somethings a guy just has to live to to learn not to do it again.

Yup. Hell of a lesson he’ll likely not forget.

Glad are all ok. The rest is just stuff.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad to hear your kids and all involved are okay. Can be scary stuff for sure.

Black Cows Matter!
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Tarkio,
As the father of a 19 year old girl, a 17 year old boy, and another 15 year old boy (soon to be 16), I completely understand the situation. I think you are approaching things the correct way. Obviously, the boy needs to understand the gravity of the situation (which it sounds like he does) and he also has to pay the consequences, which, in my view, would be helping to pay for the new car for his sister. I'm sure I would come up with inventive ways for him to work it off, too. The fact that he knows you love him and that he called you right away shows that he trusts you, which is huge at this age.

Funny thing about stuff like this, my wife and kids all freak out when something like this happens to us, especially with cars. I'm usually the guy talking them down off the ledge telling them it's no big deal, i.e. no one was physically hurt, we can replace the "things", etc. I started thinking about why I react this way when I read your post and I realized that it is because of all the crazy sh*t I did when I was a teenager. The fact that I survived is amazing, but I also tried to learn from what I did so that I never put myself in the same position twice. I remember when friends of mine were killed in car accidents or in other ways through carelessness and those things stick with you. Kids don't realize how easily they can be taken out of this world and it's our job to make them see the fact of the matter. It's quite a sobering thing once you realize that.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Car accidents and teenagers go together like peas and carrots.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Car accidents and teenagers go together like peas and carrots.

And like hookers and blow.

Montana MOFO
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 28 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,501
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.