Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com] laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntz
When he was not actually born then.Why are their Nativity scenes of Christ been born in a Stable when that did not happen?
You don't know that.

Politics is War by Other Means
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Why be so nit picky?

He died for our sins, what part of That is hard to understand?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You've got to understand that Christmas as we know it did not appear until the 19th Century. At various times and for various reasons, the practice was either not a big deal, somewhat discouraged, or actually outlawed. The Roundheads outlawed Christmas celebrations in the mid-16th Century. It interfered with their mandatory monthly day of solemn prayer and repentance that they were trying to promulgate. A lot of the early Colonials either did not pay attention to it or tried to proscribe it.

You have to thank the Germans, and specifically Prince Albert for reintroducing Christmas into the English-speaking world. He brought his Christmas traditions to the court of Victoria with things like the Christmas Tree coming into fashion, and that percolated to America.

What's more, it wasn't the whole of Germany that was into Christmas. Germany itself did not exist as a political entity and each state had its own way of doing things. As an example, you can look back to the Hessians and the Battle of Trenton. It is untrue that the Hessians were all drunk and hungover on Christmas Morning. Washington just assumed this. His only reference was Catholic Germans who did celebrate the holiday. The English similarly used it as an excuse for partying. The truth is the Hessians were all Protestants and did not celebrate the holiday. Instead, their lack of top fitness on the day of the battle was a month of constant harassment from guerrilla activity. They had been sleeping in their full kit for weeks. Their combat readiness was so attenuated that when the storm hit on Christmas Eve, Rall, the Commander had everyone stand down and rest and did not send out any patrols. Washington made the right guess, but it was for the wrong reasons.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have to celebrate it when the worky job gives you time off to do it.

This ain’t Europe, we dont get 2 months off for every holiday

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm more worried about what the wind direction will be on opening day than this......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50
Jewish people get like 8 days per their Hannukah stuff.

This sucks we only get 1 day for christmas!!!

What gives????
Wasn't JC a jewish cat???

#totallyrippedoffthoseextra7daysofgifts.......

Don't be so quick to assume they're getting a good deal. First off, the presents the kids get up until the last night are usually pretty stingy. I had a Jewish friend that got gum on the first night. Your big present comes on the 8th night, but it's just one present. You and your siblings get to play with a Dredel (top) and sing Hanukah songs. When I would go visit my Jewish friend, I always came away feeling like he and his sisters were getting cheated.

What's happened in a lot of Jewish families in my son's generation is that they have both. There's the menorah and the lighting of candles going on upstairs with the grandparents, but they decorate the rec room in the basement with a Christmas tree and do the whole XMAS schmeer and hide it from everyone. It's a guilty pleasure like eating ham.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by akasparky
Should Christians celbrate Christs Birth? on December 25TH

Yes, they must. Walmart and 1.5 billion Chinese folks depend on it.

Once you acknowledge that the Wise Men were from the far East (China) then it all falls into place.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
When he was not actually born then.Why are their Nativity scenes of Christ been born in a Stable when that did not happen?Was Mary artificially inseminated?

Where was he born then?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I celebrate it every day. I’m thankful and grateful for His birth every single day. When He was born is irrelevant, that He ‘was’ born is what truly matters to me.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Always interesting to see how many are bothered/irritated over what other people do. Some people must live a very boring life.

Indeed.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by goalie
I'm more worried about what the wind direction will be on opening day than this......

Damn right!!

I’ll do kid’s birthdays and christmas when weather permits. Just leave me a plate with foil over it for T-gibbins. That’s usually hot rifle-rut week.
All my kids birthdays fall on dove opener or bow opener. 😃

H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Tyrone
When he was not actually born then.Why are their Nativity scenes of Christ been born in a Stable when that did not happen?
You don't know that.

I have it on good sources that there was one room open at The Holiday Inn.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Why be so nit picky?

He died for our sins, what part of That is hard to understand?

Totally agree.That is way too simple for Ass Hat and Slappy Crapper to understand.

Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Lucas1
When he was not actually born then.Why are their Nativity scenes of Christ been born in a Stable when that did not happen?Was Mary artificially inseminated?

Where was he born then?

January 6TH.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
FWIW:

Let’s look at what the Bible says in Luke 2:8-9. “Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid.”

According to Bible commentator Adam Clarke, it was customary for the Jews to send their sheep to pasture from the spring until early October. As the cold winter months began, the flocks would return from the fields for shelter and warmth. Since the shepherds were still tending their flocks in the fields around Bethlehem it can be concluded that the angels announced the news of Jesus’ birth no later than October.

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/when-was-jesus-born

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Mike, my take on the angles appearing to the shepherds is, they were shunned by the powers that be because they did not attend the temple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are good reasons to believe Jesus was born on/pretty close to December 25th.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Next someone will ask how you get three days and three nights out of Friday afternoon to Sunday morning.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1lessdog, 163bc, 1minute, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,568
Posts18,491,848
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.