-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I fed some of our beef to a neighbor last year, explaining it came from my farm manager's herd to see if they would like it. I probably salted the mine a little, stir frying a fillet just absolutely perfectly --- I was pretty proud of that meal.

Anyway, the lady bonehead goes out and falls for the "grass fed beef" advertising and buys a half of what should have been a canner cow. Then she claims "we can't eat it". Well, yeah, it's not like industrial beef, lady, you actually have to know how to cook uttra lean meat. Yeah, it's stringy and tough if you cook it as if it has a lot of intermuscular fat. I grew up eating lean beef, so stewing, swiss steak, chile, etc comes pretty natural to me. Not to her.

Back to our neighbor, she'll never buy another half of beef again. Doesn't matter how many times I feed her a great t-bone, she's convinced the good meat comes from Albertson's. And she's poisoning the well by telling everyone that'll listen that ranch finished beef is awful.

That's what makes it hard to build a brand and sell beef off the farm. Sheisters screwing things up at every opportunity. .

Sic Semper Tyrannis
GB4

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 43 2N
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

We feed for tenderness and flavor. We feed way longer than the big guys do, mainly to hedge for tenderness.

What do you feed and for how long ?

Free choice gound barley and for as long as it takes.

We try to coordinate butcher dates with when the animal is finished....but sometimes you go longer than necessary.

Sometimes nearly 10 months!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Dutch
I fed some of our beef to a neighbor last year, explaining it came from my farm manager's herd to see if they would like it. I probably salted the mine a little, stir frying a fillet just absolutely perfectly --- I was pretty proud of that meal.

Anyway, the lady bonehead goes out and falls for the "grass fed beef" advertising and buys a half of what should have been a canner cow. Then she claims "we can't eat it". Well, yeah, it's not like industrial beef, lady, you actually have to know how to cook uttra lean meat. Yeah, it's stringy and tough if you cook it as if it has a lot of intermuscular fat. I grew up eating lean beef, so stewing, swiss steak, chile, etc comes pretty natural to me. Not to her.

Back to our neighbor, she'll never buy another half of beef again. Doesn't matter how many times I feed her a great t-bone, she's convinced the good meat comes from Albertson's. And she's poisoning the well by telling everyone that'll listen that ranch finished beef is awful.

That's what makes it hard to build a brand and sell beef off the farm. Sheisters screwing things up at every opportunity. .

Yep.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Beef prices are only cray at the retail level.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We just called a locker, December 22 is the soonest.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Beef prices are only cray at the retail level.

Wabi said ‘cray.’

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fear the crabcat.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,346
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.