Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Geno, you forgot about Breakfast Cereal. 😬[/quote]

Don't think it was on that list.

But I doubt it's any better.

Besides, it's only a few pieces of "insect parts" or "rodent filth".

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Szumi
I came in from the garage tonight and found a lady bug on my neck. I put it into a empty beer can. Later I picked the can up, it felt like there was a swig left and I took a drink that tasted weird. I checked, the bug is still in the can, urp. Not as bad as grabbing the pop can we used as an ashtray during a barracks poker game back in the day.

That one I actually can top.

I was shearing up near Ivanhoe in the 80's with Grazcos and hutting it with a fellow called Thistle (Tim Hennila), Thistle spent all night butting his cigarettes out in a mostly empty bottle of VB (he was on the piss).
About five in the morning I woke up and watched him reach across, grab the bottle and scull the contents...butts and all...and didn't even know he had done it.

Now that really turned my stomach.

Funny fellow Thistle, he could be on the piss for a week and shear all day as crook as a dog...then could go for a shit and be as right as rain and healthy as a bull.
He and Woodsy spent a few years living under the bridge at Louth whilst shearing around the district and pissing it up. Every now and then they would move to the other side for change of view, and when it flooded they moved to the top of the bridge with all the other town residents as it was the only dry spot that wasn't under water for miles around.

I do recall they refused to live at the dump in a car body as they believed that it was beneath them, which I thought was very funny.

He eventually killed himself by drinking himself to death, Woodsy on the other hand is still in town and doing well on the pension.

added, I can still picture that bottle and the mess it contained.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gotta tea spoon sized dollop of grease in my mouth from the last chug outta soda can.
I believe they use food grade grease on the machinery around canning operations so not a true concern.
Haven't drank from a can since, gotta have a clear bottle.

Got the corner of a plastic bag in a fork full of mashed potatoes at a Chillies resturant.
Spit it out and got the manager whom told me it was cut from the bag they squeeze the potatoes out of.
It was a believable enough explanation for me.
He gave me 5 bucks off the meal and took the plastic to the kitchen to chew some azz.

Probably plenty of disastrous schit I've never know about but that holds true for all of us.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffA
Gotta tea spoon sized dollop of grease in my mouth from the last chug outta soda can.
I believe they use food grade grease on the machinery around canning operations so not a true concern.

Got the corner of a plastic bag in a fork full of mashed potatoes at a Chillies resturant.
Spit it out and got the manager whom told me it was cut from the bag they squeeze the potatoes out of.
He gave me 5 bucks off the meal and took the plastic to the kitchen to chew some azz.

Probably plenty of disastrous schit I've never know about but that holds true for all of us.

And that is the way some restaurants get their mashed taters.

Came out of the Sierras on a 90 mile trek with Scouts. Bunch of HS aged kids. Used to hit the grocery stores in Bridgeport, Bishop, Lone Pine and such depending on where we came out. Everyone tired of dehydrated food after 10 days or so. Buy up stuff like dill pickles, just for a different taste than Chili Mac

Buddy goes in, comes out with a whole angel food cake. Eats all but a few bites on one side, they were moldy. Goes back in the store and looks like he's going to toss it back up. They give him another cake. He comes out and says "I saw the mold on it, figured I'd get my money back or another one!"

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nuoc Mam, only once in a land far away and long ago. Never again. laugh

[Linked Image]
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rgramjet
I have a few.

Worst one was a few weeks ago. Went to eat Pho with some friends. I got about 3/4 thru my bowl of noodles when I found a TOOTH in my soup. Looks like a small dogs tooth.

Nasty!

don't eat out much

but......

iffin I found a tooth in my noodles

I'd own that fuggin' joint.........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Had a small chunk of broken glass in my asada burrito last week from the local taqueria… not happy about that but will still go back as the food is amazing.

Semper Fi

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
For me it's just been a few hairs over the years, but for a lady nearby (Williamsport) the other day, she got a deep fried chicken head with her order of wings. She took it well, and the news stations had fun with it.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The Stockman’s restaurant in Montpelier Idaho back in the mid 90’s bit into my dinner salad, something rolling around in there didn’t feel the same as the rest. Reached into the mouth, and pulled out…a used bandaid,

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Yeah, his honesty went a long ways with me, he didn't have to tell me he was aware of where it came from.

Instant denial is a more common response.

It does add more definition to Chillies "loaded mashed potatoes" as it's listed on their menu.

Rare for me to eat at any chain type resturants, just met a friend there at the bar and conversation and drinks ran into dinner time so I ordered their Ribeye with plastic on the side.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In Puerto Ángel in 1972 there was a restaurant table with 1,000 flies.

I pointed that out to the Mexican I was with, and he said, "Those are clean flies."

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A bloody bandaid in a Chinese buffet.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Blow Fly

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by JeffA

Came out of the Sierras on a 90 mile trek with Scouts. Bunch of HS aged kids. Used to hit the grocery stores in Bridgeport, Bishop, Lone Pine and such depending on where we came out. Everyone tired of dehydrated food after 10 days or so. Buy up stuff like dill pickles, just for a different taste than Chili Mac

Buddy goes in, comes out with a whole angel food cake. Eats all but a few bites on one side, they were moldy. Goes back in the store and looks like he's going to toss it back up. They give him another cake. He comes out and says "I saw the mold on it, figured I'd get my money back or another one!"

Black folk used to do that in Wendy’s when I was 16. Bring the final 2 bites of a double-cheese burger. “Yo playa dis got a hairra in its”
Not always some were polite and would only 2/3 😃
Lol

I fix em another one no questions ax’d.

It wasn’t gonna be that told Grape Ape that no one back here has hair like that. 😃

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A bay leaf

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Ordered chili and found "beans" in it,,,,

I AM AMERICA!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A fried roach with some chicken, I just ate it to gross out my help..

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My own tooth.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
My Dad got a bottle of Sprite (glass) out of a vending machine with a complete book of matches inside. That was in the early 1970's. We kept that bottle on a shelf for 30 or so years.

When I was a kid, I found a brown spongy-looking thing in a KFC chicken breast. Dad took one look, and said it was a lung. I didn't eat any KFC for years after that.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Zaxby's chicken sandwich 3 years ago had glass shards. Broke a crown on it. Made a quick $22k off it without a lawyer. Apparently the cook (groid) splashed grease or something on the heat lamp and it busted. He picked off a few pieces but didn't get them all. I bit down on the sandwich and right into the glass. Luckly I was sitting right under one of the security cameras so it was caught on tape as I immediately opened up the sandwich and plain as day was the glass shards. I took pictures then asked for a manager. Took about 4 days for me to get the check 😎

Last edited by MPat70; 10/30/21.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (16gage, 1Longbow, 22kHornet, 160user, 2500HD, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,741
Posts18,495,096
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.