Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 24 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 23 24
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie
Still waiting for someone to show me the part of the manslaughter and negligent homicide statutes that exempt movie stars while filming.......

That's what I'm waiting on, too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Police report:

"According to a search warrant, Gutierrez-Reed told authorities she had checked the pistol used by Baldwin before putting it on the prop table.

She denied ever allowing live rounds on the set. The investigators claim a “live round” did indeed discharge from the weapon despite Gutierrez-Reed’s assurances.

During questioning, she also told officers the gun in question had been locked up in a safe prior to the scene. Gutierrez-Reed said only a few people had access to the safe.

The warrant says she felt the gun was ready for use. The assistant director David Halls told a different story. Halls is the person who took the gun off the prop table and handed it to Baldwin"

Sounds to me like she’s full of schitt. And probably lying to cover her ass after letting someone use that particular gun for target practice. With live ammo available on the Set.
She sounds more and more incompetent the further the investigation goes.
Hopefully it was the asswipe Baldwin doing the Target Practice.

Absolutely, and if Baldwin is found to be complicit in any of the live ammo or plinking...or even knowledge of such activities, then he's toast. But her own statements contradict logic and common sense, or 1 very minor possibility that someone sabotaged the weapon...and according to her statement, that would only leave the AD that handed the gun to Baldwin as the sole suspect.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Any prints off the case that fired the deadly shot?
Who put that round in the gun?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Any prints off the case that fired the deadly shot?
Who put that round in the gun?

That's an interesting question, the Sheriff said the casing was "found" and the gun still had rounds in the cylinder...which sounds like the live round casing was removed from the cylinder, though he didn't say that. But stating it was "found", seemed strange to me. He said the casing and "other" evidence was sent to the FBI for forensic analysis.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Dead broad black?

That could be a problem.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This. Baldwin is still responsible. Period.

Still waiting for someone to show me the part of the manslaughter and negligent homicide statutes that exempt movie stars while filming.......

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Dead broad black?

That could be a problem.

Nah. She’s a bleached blond snowflake. She’s got tats and looks like doper. I’m guessing she grew up in Hollyweird, since her Dad’s a famous Armorer that got her the “job”.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Dead broad black?

That could be a problem.

No. She is from Ukraine. Grew up on a soviet military base. Russian military brat.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by rte
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Here are a few realities...
Actors don't check their guns.
Commercial pilots don't pre-flight the 747.
Surgeons don't sterilize their medical instruments.
Astronauts don't check o-rings on the shuttle Challenger.
When $hit happens, there are a lot of 'other' people at fault, and typically nobody goes to prison.

Let me know when these statements are accepted as a lawful defense for Baldwin's careless and negligent actions.

[Linked Image from i2.wp.com]

I'm not your guy for legal advice.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Here are a few realities...

Surgeons don't sterilize their medical instruments.

If the surgeon was aware that the same surgical instruments had been used a few minutes prior on an infected patient, that there were other unsterile instruments about the operating room, that the orderly in charge of sterilization was a rank noob and the surgeon took no measures to ensure the tool he was going to use for surgery was sterile, does that change the responsibility picture?

I'm not suggesting that Baldwin doesn't bear any liability here.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
This. Baldwin is still responsible. Period.

lol

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by David_Walter
This from “MosesTheTank” over in the ‘hide:

Hollywood agrees with you. They have always said the rules don't apply to them. Below are the rules germane to this conversation. Everyone who puts their hands on a firearm is responsible for following them, not the person who handed it to you. Because you are a celebrity does not mean you get to outsource personal responsibility, in spite of what you and your fans think. Thinking you bear no personal responsibility for the firearm in your hand is a reason you should not have a firearm in your hand. Single action pistols have been killing people for a long time. Knowledge about how to check them and their ammunition has been around for about the same period of time. If it's "too difficult", then maybe you shouldn't handle one.

It does not matter what group of people have ignored these rules, no matter their state of celebretorial grace, or for how many decades they have shucked all personal responsibility. This is how Mr. Baldwin killed someone. Not he and not anyone is above the rules.

1. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FIREARM POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION.

2. TREAT ALL FIREARMS AS IF THEY WERE LOADED.

3. KEEP YOUR TRIGGER FINGER OUTSIDE THE GUARD AND OFF OF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE.

4. BE CERTAIN OF YOUR TARGET, YOUR LINE OF FIRE, AND WHAT LIES BEYOND YOUR TARGET.

I like to think I can comprehend the above four rules. Mr. Baldwin broke all four of them, according to my understanding.

Finally, did people actually die as a result of your childhood cowboys and Indian games???

Can't disagree.

But we are comparing common sense to legal liability.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everyone agrees that Baldwin is at fault right?

Good.

That's settled.

Now everyone needs to agree (or not) that the snowflake armorer who shouldn't have even been considered for that job, the asst. director who handed Baldwin the revolver and called it a "cold gun" is at fault as well. Right alongside the producer(s) who allowed that dangerous crap on the set of the film, and hired the incompetent armorer.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Good.

That's settled.

Now everyone needs to agree (or not) that the snowflake armorer who shouldn't have even been considered for that job, the asst. director who handed Baldwin the revolver and called it a "cold gun" is at fault as well. Right alongside the producer(s) who allowed that dangerous crap on the set of the film, and hired the incompetent armorer.

Hallelujah !!! laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Good.

That's settled.

Serious question: would anyone here have taken that gun, pointed it at someone, and pulled the trigger without ensuring it was clear? After previous negligent discharges? Even without the previous negligent discharges?

I'm not saying Baldwin will be charged with anything, I'm just saying that he won't be is based on sucking up to Hollywood's money, not the law.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rte
The ultimate responsibility for this woman's death lies with the person who aimed the gun,cocked the hammer and pulled the trigger.

He ignored the most important safety rule of handling firearms and that is to first determine if the weapon is loaded.

F Baldwin and anyone who attempts to blame anyone other than Baldwin.

[Linked Image from i2.wp.com]

Round and round the rosy. Again.

Yes. Baldwin is at fault. But knowing the industry, and what safety measures that have been used for 100 years in that industry, he isn't the only one at fault.

Some of you guys sure do confuse what is OUR reality of gun safety, and THEIR make believe world of theatrics.

To put actors "in charge of their own firearm safety" is like putting kindergartners in charge of getting across the busy highway on their own...

Are you saying that an adult actor (and thus a person too dumb to know when they're in over their head) isn't completely to blame for their screw ups, just because they got in over their head?
Baldwin may have the intelligence of a kindergartner when it comes to politics and gun control but that doesn't relieve him of personal responsibility, in my world at least. He's an adult, not a kindergartner and is experienced in these kinds of films. He made his own decision. That irresponsible decision (or decisions in this situation...from the sounds of it) can't be blamed on others due to his lack of intelligence, politics or otherwise or his "make believe world of theatrics".

Criticize the others on set who failed to do their jobs...no one here is saying not to, but nobody but Baldwin pulled the trigger and that makes him ultimately responsible.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dead broad black?

That could be a problem.

Nah. She’s a bleached blond snowflake. She’s got tats and looks like doper. I’m guessing she grew up in Hollyweird, since her Dad’s a famous Armorer that got her the “job”.

The dead chick isn't Hannah Gutierrez, daughter of Thell Reed.
The dead chick was the cinematographer who's dad was in the Soviet Navy.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Dead broad black?

That could be a problem.

Case closed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dead broad black?

That could be a problem.

Case closed.

LOL

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Criticize the others on set who failed to do their jobs...no one here is saying not to, but nobody but Baldwin pulled the trigger and that makes him ultimately responsible.
word

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 12 of 24 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,780
Posts18,495,926
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.