Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Dead broad black?

That could be a problem.

Nah. She’s a bleached blond snowflake. She’s got tats and looks like doper. I’m guessing she grew up in Hollyweird, since her Dad’s a famous Armorer that got her the “job”.

The dead chick isn't Hannah Gutierrez, daughter of Thell Reed.
The dead chick was the cinematographer who's dad was in the Soviet Navy.

Yep. Misread that. I thought he was talking about the idiot Armorer.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Everyone agrees that Baldwin is at fault right?

Good.

That's settled.

Now everyone needs to agree (or not) that the snowflake armorer who shouldn't have even been considered for that job, the asst. director who handed Baldwin the revolver and called it a "cold gun" is at fault as well. Right alongside the producer(s) who allowed that dangerous crap on the set of the film, and hired the incompetent armorer.

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Everyone agrees that Baldwin is at fault right?

Good.

That's settled.

Now everyone needs to agree (or not) that the snowflake armorer who shouldn't have even been considered for that job, the asst. director who handed Baldwin the revolver and called it a "cold gun" is at fault as well. Right alongside the producer(s) who allowed that dangerous crap on the set of the film, and hired the incompetent armorer.

Correct...and ultimately the producer is responsible for her hire and the actions taken on site.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wonder what would happen to any of us if we picked up a firearm we believed was unloaded then pointed, shot, and killed a family member or friend.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
The Movie industry is choke full of freaks.

Everyone is a freak

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by 12344mag
The Movie industry is choke full of freaks.

Everyone is a freak

Yeah...but some are really freaky.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by copperking81
Wonder what would happen to any of us if we picked up a firearm we believed was unloaded then pointed, shot, and killed a family member or friend.

I honestly don't think I would care to survive that.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Are you saying that an adult actor (and thus a person too dumb to know when they're in over their head) isn't completely to blame for their screw ups, just because they got in over their head?
Baldwin may have the intelligence of a kindergartner when it comes to politics and gun control but that doesn't relieve him of personal responsibility, in my world at least. He's an adult, not a kindergartner and is experienced in these kinds of films. He made his own decision. That irresponsible decision (or decisions in this situation...from the sounds of it) can't be blamed on others due to his lack of intelligence, politics or otherwise or his "make believe world of theatrics".

Criticize the others on set who failed to do their jobs...no one here is saying not to, but nobody but Baldwin pulled the trigger and that makes him ultimately responsible.

What I'm saying is that others are to blame as well.

A basic knowledge of the film industry and long established safety standards, and that chain of command may be required though. It doesn't seem to sink in here that there are other people hired within their areas of expertise that ARE responsible for the safety of everyone on the set when their services are needed on the daily call sheet.

Lets start with the familiar ones...

Armorer~ Issues guns to actors per scene. Is responsible for loading, unloading, techniques, safety procedures and protection of everyone on set when scenes involving firearms are used. Has absolute authority in use of firearms on set.

FX guy~ Responsible for the safety of everyone on set during filming and use of explosives, pyrotechnics, squib loads on actors, (those things that explode on your body to make it look like you were shot) bullet impacts, etc. Has absolute authority when explosives and pyrotechnics are used on set.

Stunt Coordinator~ Responsible for the safety of everyone on set during the filming of scenes where car chases, wrecks, falls, fights, battle scenes, crashing through glass, etc. Has absolute authority in use of stunts and people used on set.

Head Wrangler~ Responsible for the safety of everyone on set with the use of animals, no matter what they are, from rattlesnakes to horses. They are also responsible for the safety of the animals on set. (There's always a representative from the Humane Society hired to be on set to over see the safety of animals. Has absolute authority when any animal is used on set.

Producers~ Responsible for the hiring of all the above. All the above should be extremely qualified, and demonstrate references and abilities. Past credits are a good clue here. To hire unqualified people for the above positions is negligent in itself. Has absolute authority to question safety of any of the above.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Asswipe Baldwin Speaks Out Today :

And proves once again he’s an idiot AND a asswhole!

“There are incidental accidents on film sets from time to time, but nothing like this," he said. "This is a one in a trillion episode. It's a one in a trillion event."
“Baldwin said he is "extremely interested" in limiting the use of firearms on set following the fatal incident.”
“But remember, how many bullets have been fired in films and TV shows in the last 75 years. This is America," Baldwin said. "How many bullets have gone off in movies and on TV sets before? How many, billions in the last 75 years? And nearly all of it without incident. So what has to happen now is, we have to realize that when it does go wrong and it's this horrible, catastrophic thing, some new measures have to take place. Rubber guns, plastic guns, no live -- no real armaments on set. That's not for me to decide. It's urgent that you understand I'm not an expert in this field, so whatever other people decide is the best way to go in terms of protecting people's safety on film sets, I'm all in favor of and I will cooperate with that in any way that I can."

Alec Baldwin speaks in public for first time amid ongoing 'Rust' movie set shooting investigation

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alec-baldwin-ski-town-speaks-out-rust-movie-set-shooting

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

“There are incidental accidents on film sets from time to time, but nothing like this," he said. "This is a one in a trillion episode. It's a one in a trillion event."
“Baldwin said he is "extremely interested" in limiting the use of firearms on set following the fatal incident.”
“But remember, how many bullets have been fired in films and TV shows in the last 75 years. This is America," Baldwin said. "How many bullets have gone off in movies and on TV sets before? How many, billions in the last 75 years? And nearly all of it without incident. So what has to happen now is, we have to realize that when it does go wrong and it's this horrible, catastrophic thing, some new measures have to take place. Rubber guns, plastic guns, no live -- no real armaments on set. That's not for me to decide. It's urgent that you understand I'm not an expert in this field, so whatever other people decide is the best way to go in terms of protecting people's safety on film sets, I'm all in favor of and I will cooperate with that in any way that I can."

Alec Baldwin speaks in public for first time amid ongoing 'Rust' movie set shooting investigation

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alec-baldwin-ski-town-speaks-out-rust-movie-set-shooting

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Just proving he's the idiot once again.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"..........we have to realize that when it does go wrong and it's this horrible, catastrophic thing, some new measures have to take place......."

Or maybe just follow the established safety protocols that work....when followed.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

No, just showing that he believes he holds no responsibility for the wrongful death of that girl. An entitled prick that needs some ten years in gaol to remedy that belief.

But justice isn't blind, it is on the take.

added, we desperately need a meme shewing justice holding up a corner of her blindfold whilst holding her other hand out with cash in it.

Last edited by JSTUART; 10/30/21.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

PREZACTLY. And trying to cover his sorry ass.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
"..........we have to realize that when it does go wrong and it's this horrible, catastrophic thing, some new measures have to take place......."

Or maybe just follow the established safety protocols that work....when followed.

And maybe some Jail time. And loss of funds. All of them.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

He ain't gonna "gun control" himself out of this one.

I think Hollywood already hates him about as much as they did Harvey Weinstein. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Seems like most Hollywoods die from drugs.
Ought to make those illegal.

Last edited by hookeye; 10/30/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here’s how I look at this clustermess, and that’s the best description for it.
I love guns and shooting as much as anybody, and I’m sure there would be stuff on a movie set I’d be tempted to take out and “play with”. Regardless, I probably wouldn’t, because it just wouldn’t seem right to me. It’d have to be something extra special for me to overcome my own inhibitions.
And if I ever would, you can damn sure bet that it would be treated as one of my own guns. Cleared (checked for loads) when I pick it up, and cleared when I put it down. I was taught this as a boy, it’s part of my personality.
I know nothing about movie sets or what goes on off camera, and I’m betting that a lot of movie types don’t have my background or training. Still, you’d think that if somebody’s taking guns out for a little me time, would damn sure check it before it went back, and wouldn’t take a live round anywhere near the set or the weapons storage.
Evidently someone did, more than once.
I would think that as an armorer, it would be your responsibility to know what’s going on with the weapons you’re responsible for. She didn’t.
I would think that as an assistant director, you would physically clear a weapon before handing I it to an actor and announcing it as such.
Were I an actor, I would still physically clear any weapon given to me, and I would never Point said weapon at another person, let alone pull the damn trigger!
Plenty of blame to go around, and if Ole Alec was supposed to be the guy in charge, (producer) quite te a bit of it is his.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"absolute authority" of gun safety on set doesn't mean jack to me. They failed at their job..sure. That doesn't change who conciously and willingly pulled the trigger.

I simply won't believe otherwise.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

He ain't gonna "gun control" himself out of this one.

I think Hollywood already hates him about as much as they did Harvey Weinstein. wink

No doubt. Want be long till his Libertard friends throw that POS under the bus too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A movie set is not a gun range, it is make believe, play acting that involves pointing guns at other actors or the camera and pulling the trigger, which is the reason for a strict no live ammo on site rule and the responsibility of the safety officer to enforce that rule and make sure that guns are only loaded with blanks or dummy rounds.

Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 51 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,195
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.