-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Are there any parts that you've standardized on for your rifles? Stuff that they all get?

All but one of mine have Magpul K2 grips and they all have Magpul MS1 slings. Several of them have, and I'd like to standardize on B5 stocks but it's not that big of a deal to me. I definitely want to standardize on triggers. Working on that now.

If I had the energy they'd all get BCM medium ambi charging handles. If I had the money they'd all get Cloud lights.

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 11/01/21.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
K2+ grip
Raptor ambi charging handle
BAD lever
Rifle length gas system
PRS stock
RRA 2 stage varmint match trigger
Slim profile handguards. Noveske NSR, BCM KMR alpha 15.
20 Inch barrels
Armaspec lower parts kit with ambi safety
P.E.P.R mount
Burris AR556 and AR762 4.5-14x42 rifle scope

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yeah sure all mine shoot .224" bullets close enough a goddammer?

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ve settled on WOTG slings, G2S triggers, Vortex flash eliminators, K2+ grips and SOPMOD stocks. These all keep me right at home no matter which gun I grab. Oh and BCM small latch charging handles.

I struggle with Sionics bolts and barrels over Colt. Colt has served me well with the best carbine gassed barrel out there and bolts that hold up. But Sionics has a smoother shooting mid length and their coated bolt carrier is just slick. So I’ll just say I’ve settled on 16” pencil barrels.

Hand guards, I have no standard but I prefer Keymod over M-Lok.

Last edited by TWR; 11/01/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess I'd not go so far as to say "standardized" but there are 2-3 brands of some things I like best if I can get them. I will surely use others depending on budget or availability.

Geiselle & Larue 2 stage triggers
Young Mfg., Radian Weapons or RCA BCG's/bolts
SLR or Geiselle handguards
Larue or K2 grips
Magpul STR or LMT SOPMOD stocks
Craddock (Rock Creek) barrels (almost impossible to get right now), WOA, or Ranier UltraMatch
SLR gas blocks
Fortis tapered locking end plates
Spikes trigger guards
Radian or Seekins safeties
BCM or SanTan Uppers..............ST is out 6-9 months so unrealistic right now, or Cross or Vltor.
Aero or PSA lowers
Geiselle or Radian Ambi charging handles
Spike's tungsten powder buffers..............they are very smooth & minimize bounce, unless I want to adjust weight, then I like Odin's adjustable versions.

MM

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Agreed on magpul K2s I’m almost fully switched over, but I still have a couple lowers with MOEs and one with a B5.

I have 3 lowers with B5 Bravo stocks. Still some various others like CTRs, SL, and SL-K. Plus a couple fixed.

I have 4 MBT2s. A few other triggers like NiB mil-spec (Spikes and BCM??) one CMC flat drop in…

Have several MWI hand guards in MLOK and quad but also have aero, plastic mil spec, and one Larue.

Have had good luck with ballistic advantage and FN barrels.

So nothing totally standard but some strong preferences…

Last edited by CORDrew; 11/01/21.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
I’ve settled on WOTG slings, G2S triggers, Vortex flash eliminators, K2+ grips and SOPMOD stocks. These all keep me right at home no matter which gun I grab. Oh and BCM small latch charging handles.

I struggle with Sionics bolts and barrels over Colt. Colt has served me well with the best carbine gassed barrel out there and bolts that hold up. But Sionics has a smoother shooting mid length and their coated bolt carrier is just slick. So I’ll just say I’ve settled on 16” pencil barrels.

Hand guards, I have no standard but I prefer Keymod over M-Lok.

I prefer Keymod too. Its cheaper/less expensive. Ha ha.. Most (90%) of my handguards are key mod slim rails though.. Noveske NSR, BCM KMR, both exceptional slim profile handguards that are very light and feel good in the hands.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Mine are all snowflakes, but I have used a few Aero uppers and lowers, AT3 uppers and handguards, and various pieces of V Seven guts. And for some reason, quite a few BCM trigger guards.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Blue started a good thread. I'm wondering if a good standardization would be Aero precision upper and lower with Aero slim handguard (those look great and feel good). Then for a BCG, maybe BCM, RCA, or Toolcraft? Trigger could just as easily be a Larue tactical MBT2s or RRA 2 stage varmint match. Both of those are excellent for the price paid.. K2+ grip of course. Raptor charging handle. Then you pick the barrel and butt stock and your favorite LPK and other gadgets, like the BAD lever if so inclined.. Adjustable or non adjustable gas blocks your choice as well..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry, but the only thing I want from Aero is their lowers.

MM

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Sorry, but the only thing I want from Aero is their lowers.

MM

Why not their uppers or handguards?

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Simply because everything else that I prefer is as good or better.

I'm diverse enough so don't need more product diversity.

MM

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
After shooting one rifle with a darn good trigger i will now have to get about 4 more.

They are easy to get used to but the target trigger is smooth as butter.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Simply because everything else that I prefer is as good or better.

I'm diverse enough so don't need more product diversity.

MM

I won't argue with you there, but for simplicities sake, wouldn't it make sense to choose a matched upper to lower set? I don't own anything Aero precision, except I tried one of their BCG's once and it was not great. The nickel boron coating wasn't very good. I've looked at their uppers and handguards and they seem to fit good and look good. Just seems like a good option, for simplicities sake, even though I have stuff that is better as well.. Noveske, BCM, Northtech Defense, Spikes, etc. etc...

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

153 members (257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 29 invisible), 1,900 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,270
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.